Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The trouble with YNP solutions.
01-23-2020, 12:06 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-23-2020, 12:09 AM by crazyfamily.)
Where to begin.

It’s a national park and Forrest distrusts the government.

Stay on trails. Forrest told you this.

Forrest said that the location is not named in TTOTC.

Grizzlies.

Not just too far to walk, it’s also too far to drive.

Lacks imagination.

For starters.

razyfamily
01-23-2020, 12:11 AM,
RE: The trouble with YNP solutions.
The biggest problem with it, tho, is the chest isn't there. IMO, of coarse.
01-23-2020, 12:30 AM,
(01-23-2020, 12:06 AM)crazyfamily Wrote: Forrest said that the location is not named in TTOTC.

remember that time when Forrest said the treasure is hidden in a place where pigs fly and winged horses roam free.

i think he mentioned magic dragons too. maybe he was on something.
01-23-2020, 09:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-23-2020, 09:03 AM by crazyfamily.)
You have said to read the poem and read TTOTC to help solve for the 9 clues. We all know there are many options to choose from regarding, Brown, hoB, wwh,and blaze hinted at in the book.

My question is, “In the book, do you also, in a more subtle way, tell which is the correct answer to one or all of the above?” ~BW

No I don’t madam, sorry. F

I suppose that I extrapolated a bit from that comment, but I still think it’s a reasonable conclusion.

razyfamily
01-23-2020, 09:58 AM,
(01-23-2020, 09:03 AM)crazyfamily Wrote: You have said to read the poem and read TTOTC to help solve for the 9 clues. We all know there are many options to choose from regarding, Brown, hoB, wwh,and blaze hinted at in the book.

My question is, “In the book, do you also, in a more subtle way, tell which is the correct answer to one or all of the above?” ~BW

No I don’t madam, sorry. F

I suppose that I extrapolated a bit from that comment, but I still think it’s a reasonable conclusion.

In my opinion, the key words in the above answer are "in a more subtle way". Most of the hints in the book are not subtle at all. They are less subtle than the poem.

This may or may not affect your YNP conclusion.
01-23-2020, 10:17 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-23-2020, 10:18 AM by crazyfamily.)
Forrest called them subtle hints in the book. I think most of the disqualifiers come outside the book. Forrest was trying to help searchers, or at least help searchers stay safe.

I couldn’t imagine taking a three year old into the YNP backcountry, and I don’t know why people disregard these kind of comments. The simple answer is that Forrest says the spot is very special to him and he gives many examples of why YNP is so special. It’s also a very beautiful place, and searchers have an easy time imagining themselves finding the treasure there.

razyfamily

The treasure is not hidden in a dangerous place in the normal definition of the word, realizing that there probably is no place on this planet that is safe under all conditions. Bloggers have quoted me as saying that a child could walk up to the treasure. I don’t think that’s an accurate quote because a three year old girl would have a problem without some help. Remember, I was about 80 when I hid the chest, and had to make two trips. f

razyfamily
01-23-2020, 06:20 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-23-2020, 06:22 PM by Beavertooth.)
(01-23-2020, 10:17 AM)crazyfamily Wrote: Forrest called them subtle hints in the book. I think most of the disqualifiers come outside the book. Forrest was trying to help searchers, or at least help searchers stay safe.

I couldn’t imagine taking a three year old into the YNP backcountry, and I don’t know why people disregard these kind of comments. The simple answer is that Forrest says the spot is very special to him and he gives many examples of why YNP is so special. It’s also a very beautiful place, and searchers have an easy time imagining themselves finding the treasure there.

Whether they are subtle or not is not the key issue. That's just using semantics to make your point. They are less subtle than the poem, IMO, which makes your "reasonable conclusion" of the Q and A wrong.

As further support for my argument, please note that Forrest signs off this comment with a capital "F" -- less than 1% of the Q&A's are signed off this way, and there seem to be solid reasons for the others. So that may make the capital "F" here important. In my opinion, he is playing with his audience as to what is subtle or not, and whether they can recognize it.

As to taking kids into YNP, why would you need to take kids into "backcountry"? There is a massive amount of land area that is near parking lots that are expected to be explored "off-trail". Sure, the limited trails near geysers are important, and visitors should not stray off these trails due to the dangers associated with geyser/hot spring/mud pot areas. But what about fishermen, photographers, backpackers, and flora and fauna enthusiasts? These visitors are not restricted to trails as far as I know. Do you take Forrest's recommendation to stay on trails there to mean that is the only places you can go? Or would he allow people to go off trail where it is safe?

I think he would want people to go off trail where safe, because that is what he has stated he liked to do. A simple example would be you take a trail to a lake. The trail does not go around the lake. Is the area around the lake off limits? If so, YNP does not post it as off limits.
01-23-2020, 06:37 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-23-2020, 06:39 PM by crazyfamily.)
Forrest said when they camped, there would be tents all around the lake which is now apparently not allowed, and the fishing bridge is off limits to fishing. Swimming is not allowed in the river. I’m sure there are hundreds of things that are no longer permitted that the Fenn’s enjoyed on their three month stays. It’s just my opinion. And then there’s the recent comment about the blogs unduly influencing searchers. That was about YNP, IMO.

razyfamily

Maybe you could explain what Forrest meant with his comment that Yellowstone is one place that you should stay on the trails.

razyfamily
01-23-2020, 06:43 PM,
I like your thoughts on “off trail”
I have always kinda thought it would to “close” to a playground in a campground. A child would find it.

But then that just opens Pandora’s box

What does “close” mean ?

One of these days someone will figure this out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
01-23-2020, 06:51 PM,
(01-23-2020, 06:37 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: Maybe you could explain what Forrest meant with his comment that Yellowstone is one place that you should stay on the trails.

I already did above, as far as anyone could.

I am not in the camp that says you take everything Forrest says as the literal truth. If you are "hot on the trail" to get to the chest, you would not have to get off. If you think the chest is within 200 feet of a trail, you might stay on the trail until you get within striking distance.

Anyway, I would not rule out YNP.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The trouble with code breaker solutions. crazyfamily 36 3,259 12-27-2019, 01:38 PM
Last Post: crazyfamily
  The trouble with Brown’s Canyon Solves... crazyfamily 0 248 09-12-2019, 11:34 PM
  The trouble with Cimarron solves. crazyfamily 14 1,267 09-07-2019, 03:58 PM
  The trouble with confidence... crazyfamily 24 3,519 06-13-2019, 07:52 PM
Last Post: brubr
  Collaborative database for potential solutions krootz 50 28,491 05-08-2016, 08:23 PM
Last Post: Woody Bogg
  The Trouble With Confidence Iron Will 56 17,493 06-18-2015, 11:28 PM
Last Post: Shanghai Jack