Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clarification for something said on HOR
01-25-2020, 05:40 PM,
RE: Clarification for something said on HOR
My issue with Mike is: I thought he had one of the best blogs on utube. Teachin men how to treat their boys. Just hangin out, always smilin, laughin, talkin. Makin messes, n lovin life. Miss that.
01-25-2020, 10:12 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-25-2020, 10:13 PM by 5GIRLS.)
Mindy, I just see humor in title of thread. said on HOR. lol n haha
can i say that? aw why not. u did.
01-26-2020, 04:21 AM,
(01-25-2020, 04:47 PM)brubr Wrote: I once recommended to LurkerMike that he "listen to what she says, but believe what she does," and it is the same recommendation to everyone else.

You did. But that's just good solid advice for dealing with anyone.

Everything we are discussing now concerning Kpro, here and over there, are things that happened before I first got on the forums around the end of 2018. And there are always at least three sides to every story.

Be that as it may, what has Kpro done since then, or done lately?

Is she better now than she was then?

Are you?

Am I?

There is a lot of old mutual animosity, I got it.

But is there any new animosity? Because I'm of the opinion there isn't any new animosity like there still is old animosity.

One way to stop severe bleeding is to stab the wound with a red hot poker and cauterize it. Yea, that's gonna hurt a lot for the short term, but it will stop the bleeding and will help prevent infection so the wound can heal.
01-26-2020, 09:09 AM,
(01-26-2020, 04:21 AM)LurkerMike Wrote: Be that as it may, what has Kpro done since then, or done lately?

Please reread Mindy's first post. Kpro recently - once again - mischaracterized the past with regards to this forum and her part in the animosity. Ummmm, I believe that's called lying. Claiming that "the law" got involved in the original spat over comments about a searcher and her daughter. Really??! That NEVER happened, but it serves Kpro's purpose to claim it, which is to cast herself as the unimpeachable chase monitor.
01-26-2020, 12:30 PM,
Lurker, for starters, find out all she has banned from her site, and WHY they were banned.
01-26-2020, 12:39 PM,
As I've said elsewhere, newcomers to her sight are not welcome.

That forum is kept in a constant state of chaos; obviously on purpose. There is no interest in truth or justice there, only cannibalism...

In my humble opinion...
01-26-2020, 01:14 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-26-2020, 01:28 PM by LurkerMike.)
(01-26-2020, 09:09 AM)brubr Wrote:
(01-26-2020, 04:21 AM)LurkerMike Wrote: Be that as it may, what has Kpro done since then, or done lately?

Please reread Mindy's first post. Kpro recently - once again - mischaracterized the past with regards to this forum and her part in the animosity. Ummmm, I believe that's called lying. Claiming that "the law" got involved in the original spat over comments about a searcher and her daughter. Really??! That NEVER happened, but it serves Kpro's purpose to claim it, which is to cast herself as the unimpeachable chase monitor.

Come on now, we are arguing about the past because I brought it up. Neither Kpro nor Mindy would have said anything had I not rehashed the past. And I am compelled to so because we have not overcome or differences of opinion or agreed to disagree so that we can move on if not in peace, then at least with a truce like the one the US has with North Korea, who we are still technically still at war with and only abiding in armistice with.

My question is has there been anything that has happened since that time more recent that would rate anywhere near as offensive to either side than those things that occurred some two years ago?

If not, then we are making progress, as slow and small as it may be.

(01-26-2020, 12:39 PM)GoldenFrog Wrote: As I've said elsewhere, newcomers to her sight are not welcome.

That forum is kept in a constant state of chaos; obviously on purpose. There is no interest in truth or justice there, only cannibalism...

In my humble opinion...

You are proving my point that we as members of the searcher community are better off today with the many choices we have today than we were before we had these choices.

We enjoy the benefits of modern automobiles for not one, but two reasons:

First, because Henry Ford employed the revolutionary idea of using the assembly line to mass-produce the Model T "tin lizzy" which made automobiles affordable to a wider segment of the population.

And second, because Chevrolet came along with the revolutionary idea of equipping all cars with electric starters.

We would still be breaking our arms hand-cranking Model T's today had it not been for Chevrolet which forced Henry to switch not only to the Model A, but to the concept of changing body styles every year (or few years) starting in 1932.

You see the problem with the Model T was you had to hand-crank the engine to start it and if you forgot to retard the timing with the spark advance lever on the steering wheel column where the turn signal lever is today, the engine was prone to "kicking back" which caused the cranking lever to reverse direction that often would break your arm.

Does that make either Henry Ford or Chevrolet bad or evil considering we enjoy the benefits of modern automobiles today because they had that rivalry back in the years just before Forrest Fenn was born?

I would argue that what ever brand of automobile one is loyal to, one should appreciate having that choice today. Me? I like and own, and have owned several Fords and Chevys over the years. Each has its own pros and cons, and having a choice is better than not having a choice.
01-26-2020, 03:06 PM,
quit arguin then.
01-26-2020, 03:07 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-26-2020, 03:14 PM by Chris Yates.)
Lurker Mike

i was thinking the same thing, that progress seems to have been made compared to where we were before

although, currently re-litigating the past is not progress. imo, i would just drop it and move on

i respect how Kpro handled those incidents where, just because someone didn't like her they crossed lines that shouldn't have been crossed. and i'm glad that other searchers also took a stand for whats right and put aside where there may have been personal differences to say whats right in situations like that

i think Kpro and I might both agree, if someone really doesn't like me, no big deal.

and speaking for myself, if someone on another blog just said Chris is a jerk, or they don't like me, or called me some name like "yates crap" (you get the point) i honestly wouldn't care at all

whats strange though is i would've expected a better perspective on this from Kpro, but she doesn't seem to have learned anything at all

Kpro had every right to start her own blog, and to get whoever she can to post on there, and she didn't need any particular reason to do so. but what i hear from her seems to be like she was some white knight and she and her forum are up on their high horse and better than the others

this isn't the current reality. from my point of view, her forum is significantly worse than harrys and chasechat.

a long while ago i stopped posting on THOR because a seemingly prominent and favored poster over there smeared me with false allegations and nothing was done about it

i won't say the username because i will be incapable of just saying their name without changing it to something more reflective of what kind of person they are. i'm going to try to abstain from personal attacks like what they have done

i brought it up in a very general sense on Harrys one time without specifics, and Kpro replied that she can't doing anything if she doesn't know

so recently this poster started with the false allegations again, and i decided to give Kpro the benefit of the doubt. rather than starting some drama on her forum by engaging this person, which i don't even want drama, i tried to do the right thing by notifying Kpro directly so it can be dealt with, without drama and we can just move on with our lives

i confirmed with Kpro thru PM that she recieved my email. this was 2 weeks ago. nothing has been done

so basically, Chasechat and Harry's seem to have caught up in this regard. they realize that allowing their forum to be used to make false charges or personal attacks on other searchers is a bad idea. Beavertooth does a great job moderating here and would not allow this kind of thing. something happened not too long ago, and BT took care of it. they went to Harry's, and Harry dealt with it. not too mention all the other moderating situations that are being dealt with fairly from what i can tell

i can post on CC or Harry's right now, no problem. don't have have to worry about personal attack or someone trying to smear me with false allegations.

this is progress because i think others are having the same experience who want to post here (and on Harrys). if someone doesn't want to post here because ... reasons, thats a different matter

but this isn't the case with THOR. what else can i say, those are the facts

so when i get the sense of an attitude, being up on a high horse, or we're better than you, yeah don't make me laugh. HA HA!! Smile
01-26-2020, 04:44 PM,
(01-26-2020, 03:06 PM)5GIRLS Wrote: quit arguin then.

(01-26-2020, 03:07 PM)Chris Yates Wrote: Lurker Mike
although, currently re-litigating the past is not progress. imo, i would just drop it and move on

What's that old saying about history that I can't seem to remember?

Something, something, something, ...are doomed to repeat it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Clarification on Forrest's Comments Snowrider75 10 5,811 04-18-2017, 01:23 PM
Last Post: Snowrider75
  Clarification of a Fenn quote. true north 7 5,274 10-02-2015, 06:43 PM
Last Post: Mindy
  Clarification BrazenBull 4 1,831 10-25-2014, 10:31 PM
Last Post: mdavis19