Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clarification for something said on HOR
01-26-2020, 09:28 PM,
RE: Clarification for something said on HOR
(01-26-2020, 06:59 PM)LurkerMike Wrote: Read that thread again, she originally posted about deleting people using multiple IP's to get fake ID's to gain membership there.

I recounted my version of the events that lead to having forum choices.

Kpro responded to me, "LM," and corrected my version of events which prompted Mindy to post her own correction of those events. No one would have corrected anything had I not posted my version of Chase forum history.

It really doesn't matter who was more right or more wrong because it is people like me who were not there who write and tell the final history of events, rather than the actual participants. It's been this way since humans first started leaving written histories, and even before that with the retelling of oral history.

In 100 years from now, every searcher alive today will be dead. And someone like me is going to come along and research the archives of this Chase and tell an entirely different version of events. And that will be our legacy whether we like it or not. But it won't matter to me because I will be dead by then.

The only thing I hope they get right about me is, "That crazy LurkerMike guy sure was having fun searching for Fenn's treasure that we still haven't found yet." Wink

How do you want to be remembered for your participation in Forrest Fenn's Chase?
I'll be remembered with the partnership who found it.
01-26-2020, 10:14 PM,
(01-26-2020, 07:37 PM)GoldenFrog Wrote:
(01-26-2020, 06:59 PM)LurkerMike Wrote: Read that thread again, she originally posted about deleting people using multiple IP's to get fake ID's to gain membership there.

From my perspective nothing said here is from years past. Was I not recently ostracized, and accused of being someone who had been banned on THOR, even though I am new to the search?

I was berated, mocked; and talked down to. My words were twisted, I was called a liar, and called names in posts that can only be described as screaming tirades.

You had a front row seat to these things LurkerMike...

Where were the moderators? Shouldn't a new person be protected from such behavior in a forum?

Ideally yes. But consider that unjust and unwarranted suspicion about you being someone else is based on pure paranoia that persists from the "Chase Forum Wars" of a couple years past.

You, my friend, are suffering the consequences of events and circumstances you knew nothing about which transpired probably even before you first heard about the Chase. There is no excuse for what happened to you there, but understand it could have happened to you here or even on my beloved Harry's forum as well.

When Forrest Fenn gave us the Scrapbook about Verdun a few weeks ago, he spoke of unexploded WWII ordinance which prevented anyone from leaving the designated roadway because of mines and unexploded shells still litter the otherwise beautiful fields there. It would be nice if someone would clean all of that old mess up and make that place safe again for humans and wildlife alike. But so far, no one has stepped up to do that because it is considered too dangerous and very unprofitable to try.

These three forums are very much like Verdun in that regard. Largely the "shooting war" (metaphorically speaking) is now long past, but hostilities remain and new searchers like you are the ones suffering most of the consequences.

The only reason I have hope that we can continue to make progress towards getting all of the forums together to have a friendly rivalry rather than a constant bash, stab, and potshot contest is the fact I have not yet been banned from any of them when if I had said any of these things two years ago I would have been banned from all of them.

The real silliness is that the people who hate each other the most read each other's forum posts on the other forums the most. Know and keep track of your enemies and what they are doing and saying I suppose.

But all forums will always have issues with senior members and cliques not being moderated to the same standards as members new to the forum. That happens everywhere in every kind of forum there is and I don't think there is a solution for it. You either sort of "fit in" or you don't or more as is my case, people either "tolerate you" or they don't.

But with the many options, today available to searchers, being banned from one or two forums isn't the end of the world. As long as you can establish yourself somewhere on a Chase forum and build some tenure, you will fit in better in the future to those forums that don't work out so well when you are new.

Remember this fact:

All BOTG Searchers are FAILED SEARCHERS.

Every Searcher who has been BOTG HAS FAILED!

This causes many Failed Searchers, that is those Searchers who are EXPERIENCED, to become jaded, some very jaded. And I think they resent the enthusiasm they see in new searchers that they once had, but have long lost. Others may want to try to prepare you for the failures ahead, and maybe a few are just trying to haze the newbie, beat them into the gang so to speak.

Again, I don't know how to fix that. Give it time. Everything will change after the weather warms and you are able to search. Either you will find the chest, or you will become one of them like the rest of us. Big Grin
01-27-2020, 03:44 AM,
(01-27-2020, 01:11 AM)thrilledtochase Wrote: I’d like to chime in with I miss LurkerMike...I was going to say I don’t feel like I have ever failed BOTG. I’ve always hoped I’d find the chest, but the expectations on my hikes are different. Every one of my hikes has been looking for a clue that I felt would be at the coordinates. All of my hikes are accurate for EXACTLY what I was expecting to find. There’s a good 22 more coordinates which I haven’t investigated yet. I’ve always believed if you’re sitting wondering ”MAYBE it’s in there” then you’re wrong. I’m fully expecting to find the fully decorated willow tree with Fenn’s handmade fishing lures, a bell on a post and old Dr Pepper bottles and a huge pile of elephant bones and a bicycle with running man carvings.

We think a lot alike.

I'm not searching for where Forrest hid his treasure. Rather I'm searching for where I would have hidden it if I had written the poem. I'm never wrong in that sense. Tongue

Rather than trying to find where Fenn hid his treasure, I'm hoping for a coincidence that when I search enough places where I would have hidden it, just purely by coincidence, I might someday find he hid it at one of those places where I would have hidden it. I figure my odds are no better or worse than any other searcher methodology.

But my method does require being in it for the long haul to improve my chances. Since I can only search on vacation once per year, I have given myself 15 years to search. 2033 will be my last search season is someone doesn't find the chest sooner.
01-27-2020, 05:24 AM,
Clarification for something said on HOR
(01-26-2020, 10:14 PM)LurkerMike Wrote:

From my perspective nothing said here is from years past. Was I not recently ostracized, and accused of being someone who had been banned on THOR, even though I am new to the search?

I was berated, mocked; and talked down to. My words were twisted, I was called a liar, and called names in posts that can only be described as screaming tirades.

Where were the moderators? Shouldn't a new person be protected from such behavior in a forum?

Ideally yes. But consider that unjust and unwarranted suspicion about you being someone else is based on pure paranoia that persists from the "Chase Forum Wars" of a couple years past.

You, my friend, are suffering the consequences of events and circumstances you knew nothing about which transpired probably even before you first heard about the Chase. There is no excuse for what happened to you there, but understand it could have happened to you here or even on my beloved Harry's forum as well.

When Forrest Fenn gave us the Scrapbook about Verdun a few weeks ago, he spoke of unexploded WWII ordinance which prevented anyone from leaving the designated roadway because of mines and unexploded shells still litter the otherwise beautiful fields there. It would be nice if someone would clean all of that old mess up and make that place safe again for humans and wildlife alike. But so far, no one has stepped up to do that because it is considered too dangerous and very unprofitable to try.

These three forums are very much like Verdun in that regard. Largely the "shooting war" (metaphorically speaking) is now long past, but hostilities remain and new searchers like you are the ones suffering most of the consequences.

The only reason I have hope that we can continue to make progress towards getting all of the forums together to have a friendly rivalry rather than a constant bash, stab, and potshot contest is the fact I have not yet been banned from any of them when if I had said any of these things two years ago I would have been banned from all of them.

The real silliness is that the people who hate each other the most read each other's forum posts on the other forums the most. Know and keep track of your enemies and what they are doing and saying I suppose.

But all forums will always have issues with senior members and cliques not being moderated to the same standards as members new to the forum. That happens everywhere in every kind of forum there is and I don't think there is a solution for it. You either sort of "fit in" or you don't or more as is my case, people either "tolerate you" or they don't.

But with the many options, today available to searchers, being banned from one or two forums isn't the end of the world. As long as you can establish yourself somewhere on a Chase forum and build some tenure, you will fit in better in the future to those forums that don't work out so well when you are new.

Remember this fact:

All BOTG Searchers are FAILED SEARCHERS.

Every Searcher who has been BOTG HAS FAILED!

This causes many Failed Searchers, that is those Searchers who are EXPERIENCED, to become jaded, some very jaded. And I think they resent the enthusiasm they see in new searchers that they once had, but have long lost. Others may want to try to prepare you for the failures ahead, and maybe a few are just trying to haze the newbie, beat them into the gang so to speak.

Again, I don't know how to fix that. Give it time. Everything will change after the weather warms and you are able to search. Either you will find the chest, or you will become one of them like the rest of us. Big Grin

While I agree with some of what you said, LM, I don’t believe every botg is a “failed” search. I don’t view the times I went searching as “failures.” Certainly, my very first search trip with my son was a life-changing success for both of us, even though we didn’t find a box of gold. Some things in life are worth SOOOO much more (read “A Florida Girls Heads West” on Dal’s to read about that trip).

Every search trip I’ve been on has been rewarding and fulfilling in its own way. I don’t view them as failures at all.

As far as the vitriol continuing on the blogs, the problem is that some people, and yes, I’m talking about kpro, continue to this day to attempt to rewrite history. That’s simply wrong, and extremely petty, don’t you think? The conscious and willing attempts of someone to try tarnish the reputation of another by spreading falsehoods even while knowing the truth is not the character of an individual with integrity.

I’ve seen people get banned on her (and Harry’s) site simply for correcting her erroneous statements about me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mindy's YouTube Channel and blog:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMAnEYj...UN1I6me_0g

http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com
01-27-2020, 09:58 AM,
yeah. IMO she used this site to invite folks just so she could have the Thrill of banning, n it felt so good she just kept doin it. Give a little authority?
01-27-2020, 02:47 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-28-2020, 07:27 AM by fundamental design.)
(01-26-2020, 06:59 PM)LurkerMike Wrote: ...

It really doesn't matter who was more right or more wrong because it is people like me who were not there who write and tell the final history of events, rather than the actual participants. It's been this way since humans first started leaving written histories, and even before that with the retelling of oral history.

It does matter. A lack of vision would suggest that searchers of today haven’t learned from f in TTOTC book. The creative ones can easily encase their legacy the same way did with his bells and jars...but many times over. Clang!!!!!

Pays to be a winner.
01-27-2020, 03:32 PM,
(01-26-2020, 10:14 PM)LurkerMike Wrote:

"it could have happened to you here.." (from above paragraph)

Not true! We do not allow personal attacks here. We have allowed people previously banned to reappear under a new pseudonym without rebanning them, unless they fall back to their old habits that got them banned in the first place. Filmguy may be a current example of the first. Geydelkon was a past example of the latter I believe. Mongo may be Slick Nickle in disguise and an example of both (Mongo is currently under timeout, due to inappropriate comments, but has been allowed to post his theories again, whether he is Slick or not).
02-01-2020, 08:19 PM,
BT, what category does Deep fall under since admin/owner or whoever won't fix his login issue? Yes it still won't allow him to do anything, reset, etc.
02-01-2020, 11:47 PM,
(02-01-2020, 08:19 PM)5GIRLS Wrote: BT, what category does Deep fall under since admin/owner or whoever won't fix his login issue? Yes it still won't allow him to do anything, reset, etc.

I have no idea what that problem is. If it was me, I would simply register a new name like DeeepThnkr2, since new registrations seem to go thru. I am not aware of any permanent ban.
02-03-2020, 04:03 AM,
@Beavertooth
The emails were only from the coin giveaway; I had no other contact. I was not wise because I was "greedy." I am still mad at myself only...
Also, you might fast-track a new username for DT to get him back here; it takes a while to get approved on CC. Just my 2 sense.
just saying ss

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Questions to Forrest and looking for clarification from him too! admin 21 2,312 08-01-2020, 07:59 PM
Last Post: LeadSolver
  Clarification on Forrest's Comments Snowrider75 10 6,621 04-18-2017, 01:23 PM
Last Post: Snowrider75
  Clarification of a Fenn quote. true north 7 5,894 10-02-2015, 06:43 PM
Last Post: Mindy
  Clarification BrazenBull 4 2,154 10-25-2014, 10:31 PM
Last Post: mdavis19