Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clarification for something said on HOR
01-27-2020, 03:32 PM,
RE: Clarification for something said on HOR
(01-26-2020, 10:14 PM)LurkerMike Wrote:
(01-26-2020, 07:37 PM)GoldenFrog Wrote:
(01-26-2020, 06:59 PM)LurkerMike Wrote: Read that thread again, she originally posted about deleting people using multiple IP's to get fake ID's to gain membership there.

From my perspective nothing said here is from years past. Was I not recently ostracized, and accused of being someone who had been banned on THOR, even though I am new to the search?

I was berated, mocked; and talked down to. My words were twisted, I was called a liar, and called names in posts that can only be described as screaming tirades.

You had a front row seat to these things LurkerMike...

Where were the moderators? Shouldn't a new person be protected from such behavior in a forum?

Ideally yes. But consider that unjust and unwarranted suspicion about you being someone else is based on pure paranoia that persists from the "Chase Forum Wars" of a couple years past.

You, my friend, are suffering the consequences of events and circumstances you knew nothing about which transpired probably even before you first heard about the Chase. There is no excuse for what happened to you there, but understand it could have happened to you here or even on my beloved Harry's forum as well.

"it could have happened to you here.." (from above paragraph)

Not true! We do not allow personal attacks here. We have allowed people previously banned to reappear under a new pseudonym without rebanning them, unless they fall back to their old habits that got them banned in the first place. Filmguy may be a current example of the first. Geydelkon was a past example of the latter I believe. Mongo may be Slick Nickle in disguise and an example of both (Mongo is currently under timeout, due to inappropriate comments, but has been allowed to post his theories again, whether he is Slick or not).
02-01-2020, 08:19 PM,
BT, what category does Deep fall under since admin/owner or whoever won't fix his login issue? Yes it still won't allow him to do anything, reset, etc.
02-01-2020, 11:47 PM,
(02-01-2020, 08:19 PM)5GIRLS Wrote: BT, what category does Deep fall under since admin/owner or whoever won't fix his login issue? Yes it still won't allow him to do anything, reset, etc.

I have no idea what that problem is. If it was me, I would simply register a new name like DeeepThnkr2, since new registrations seem to go thru. I am not aware of any permanent ban.
02-03-2020, 04:03 AM,
@Beavertooth
The emails were only from the coin giveaway; I had no other contact. I was not wise because I was "greedy." I am still mad at myself only...
Also, you might fast-track a new username for DT to get him back here; it takes a while to get approved on CC. Just my 2 sense.
just saying ss
02-03-2020, 05:29 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-03-2020, 05:31 AM by Mindy.)
Clarification for something said on HOR
Just so everyone knows, I don’t have the authority to approve anyone for the group. I believe only Stephanie does, and she has been extremely busy on some other major projects (NOT chase related—she has moved on), so please have a little patience.

Maybe she can give BT the ability to approve new members, as I am also extremely busy lately because...

...we sold our house and are extremely excited to be moving to a new place!

Where, we don’t know yet, but are looking closely at many states and trying to find the perfect spot where we can experience all four seasons without extremes of temperature and with great places to hike!

Right now we’re looking at acreage around the Cumberland Gap area! Looks beautiful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mindy's blogs:

http://www.fennhotspot.com
http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com
02-03-2020, 08:09 AM,
(02-03-2020, 05:29 AM)Mindy Wrote: Just so everyone knows, I don’t have the authority to approve anyone for the group. I believe only Stephanie does, and she has been extremely busy on some other major projects (NOT chase related—she has moved on), so please have a little patience.

Maybe she can give BT the ability to approve new members, as I am also extremely busy lately because...

...we sold our house and are extremely excited to be moving to a new place!

Where, we don’t know yet, but are looking closely at many states and trying to find the perfect spot where we can experience all four seasons without extremes of temperature and with great places to hike!

Right now we’re looking at acreage around the Cumberland Gap area! Looks beautiful!

Maryland is beautiful Mindyand only a couple of hours from here. Don't go by a lake with the fees. Big Bear over in that area has raised maintenance fees sky-high. It has lots of snow though. Moderate temps would be Tenn, NC, etc., lol.
I am in eastern OH as you know and diligently looked at elevations around 1000'. The last pole shift shows water about 800' elevation coverage. You would like Shenandoah Forest area of NY on the Ocean side as it is warmer. Stay a bit on the southeastern portion because of the major fault. Cumberland Gap has a tiny fault coming up from western VA. Pay attention to those on USGS. WV would be ideal but not many jobs. It is very economical in WV if you have income and don't need a job. The mountain areas on I-79 just north of Charleston, WV are beautiful. I worked for Dept. of Highways when I-79 was built from Charleston up to Clarksburg/Weston area.
Good luck with the search; I spent 5 years searching while living in my 1902 1200sf apartment. I now have 3000 sf finished with 800 sf garage in basement (and it is actually mostly finished) and a 30 x 40 detached garage. We have a small pond, fruit trees, vineyard, berries and 1 1/2 acre 7 1/2' tall wire fenced area to keep out the deer. The deer eat every plant you have. Just warning you about the deer in that area. I am windy; sorry. Good Luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
just saying ss
02-03-2020, 02:37 PM,
(01-27-2020, 03:32 PM)Beavertooth Wrote:
(01-26-2020, 10:14 PM)LurkerMike Wrote:
(01-26-2020, 07:37 PM)GoldenFrog Wrote:
(01-26-2020, 06:59 PM)LurkerMike Wrote: Read that thread again, she originally posted about deleting people using multiple IP's to get fake ID's to gain membership there.

From my perspective nothing said here is from years past. Was I not recently ostracized, and accused of being someone who had been banned on THOR, even though I am new to the search?

I was berated, mocked; and talked down to. My words were twisted, I was called a liar, and called names in posts that can only be described as screaming tirades.

You had a front row seat to these things LurkerMike...

Where were the moderators? Shouldn't a new person be protected from such behavior in a forum?

Ideally yes. But consider that unjust and unwarranted suspicion about you being someone else is based on pure paranoia that persists from the "Chase Forum Wars" of a couple years past.

You, my friend, are suffering the consequences of events and circumstances you knew nothing about which transpired probably even before you first heard about the Chase. There is no excuse for what happened to you there, but understand it could have happened to you here or even on my beloved Harry's forum as well.

"it could have happened to you here.." (from above paragraph)

Not true! We do not allow personal attacks here. We have allowed people previously banned to reappear under a new pseudonym without rebanning them, unless they fall back to their old habits that got them banned in the first place. Filmguy may be a current example of the first. Geydelkon was a past example of the latter I believe. Mongo may be Slick Nickle in disguise and an example of both (Mongo is currently under timeout, due to inappropriate comments, but has been allowed to post his theories again, whether he is Slick or not).

Thats funny I met Mongo and I’m glad You banned him he’s way to classy for CC and smarter then Beaver Tooth. All Mongo was doing was giving away Fenn’s treasure and no one here was the wiser for it. Don’t know about Slick maybe she’s Mindy?
02-03-2020, 03:30 PM,
(02-03-2020, 02:37 PM)NutJob Wrote: Thats funny I met Mongo and I’m glad You banned him he’s way to classy for CC and smarter then Beaver Tooth. All Mongo was doing was giving away Fenn’s treasure and no one here was the wiser for it. Don’t know about Slick maybe she’s Mindy?

LOL

Mongo never found the treasure, so how could he give it away? Slick was the first to point out the Folsom Falls solution long before Mongo did. Mongo supposedly just investigated other people's published solves with his (supposed/imaginary?) panel of experts and decided that Slick's was the best. It doesn't take a lot of brains to do that, but it does require a "leap of faith" that the correct solution is among the ideas you are comparing (all of them "failed" searches to begin with). Slick also never found the treasure.

They/he are among the class of searchers who always claim that Fenn moved the treasure, never hid the treasure, or put in new roadblocks to get access to the treasure when they don't find anything at their solve location. Or they claim someone took it and is keeping quiet. They can never admit that their solution is wrong. I am not a psychiatrist, so I don't know why certain people adopt this line of thinking. I guess they don't want to admit that their intelligence fell short in the task at hand.

Of course, we all have fallen short in that regard. Most of the rest of us admit it and continue the chase in hopes of figuring things out, or we give up graciously. We don't claim to be right while standing there holding no treasure in our hands.

Which type are you?
02-03-2020, 05:55 PM,
Folsom just goes along with the Johnny Cash song, but it's not the right Johnny, imo. Agree, Mongo did not find the treasure, he just went to where he THOUGHT the treasure was, which, again, imo, was not the corret location.
02-04-2020, 12:05 AM,
(02-03-2020, 03:30 PM)Beavertooth Wrote:
(02-03-2020, 02:37 PM)NutJob Wrote: Thats funny I met Mongo and I’m glad You banned him he’s way to classy for CC and smarter then Beaver Tooth. All Mongo was doing was giving away Fenn’s treasure and no one here was the wiser for it. Don’t know about Slick maybe she’s Mindy?

LOL

Mongo never found the treasure, so how could he give it away? Slick was the first to point out the Folsom Falls solution long before Mongo did. Mongo supposedly just investigated other people's published solves with his (supposed/imaginary?) panel of experts and decided that Slick's was the best. It doesn't take a lot of brains to do that, but it does require a "leap of faith" that the correct solution is among the ideas you are comparing (all of them "failed" searches to begin with). Slick also never found the treasure.

They/he are among the class of searchers who always claim that Fenn moved the treasure, never hid the treasure, or put in new roadblocks to get access to the treasure when they don't find anything at their solve location. Or they claim someone took it and is keeping quiet. They can never admit that their solution is wrong. I am not a psychiatrist, so I don't know why certain people adopt this line of thinking. I guess they don't want to admit that their intelligence fell short in the task at hand.

Of course, we all have fallen short in that regard. Most of the rest of us admit it and continue the chase in hopes of figuring things out, or we give up graciously. We don't claim to be right while standing there holding no treasure in our hands.

Which type are you?
I’m the type that Was on the bus with mongo and several others that actually post and are members here it was real and neat as can be. I got a nice surface from it and I have talked with some of the people on the busses that post here but we learned somethig you don’t know. The question you need to ask yourself as we all have why did One person from our group smile gave us the location and said have a nice time it ain’t there and then it all made sense? All of it every clue and then flashed his wrist and that was it. I didn’t see it but mongo did. So did I think his name was DJ and several others one from here and I think Dals group name was Clunk or something like that? Proof is out there guess you just have to listen instead of talk. I’ll get exact names from here and you can pm them but I’m like mongo haters gonna hate and can’t here a thing if you screamed it at ya

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Clarification on Forrest's Comments Snowrider75 10 5,810 04-18-2017, 01:23 PM
Last Post: Snowrider75
  Clarification of a Fenn quote. true north 7 5,274 10-02-2015, 06:43 PM
Last Post: Mindy
  Clarification BrazenBull 4 1,831 10-25-2014, 10:31 PM
Last Post: mdavis19