Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This look like a HoB to you guys? Thinking of going boots on the ground.
02-05-2020, 04:39 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-05-2020, 04:42 AM by total1ty.)
This look like a HoB to you guys? Thinking of going boots on the ground.
So I started where warm waters halt, took the creek down through a canyon and ended up here.

The place I started from is an area rich in native American history as well as a more recent area where a large gold lode was discovered. By more recent I mean turn of the century.

This location was generally guessed by at least one other person a few years back but I think they went the wrong way and passed by the HoB.

Also this location would be on the way to Yellowstone from Santa Fe or Texas and would have been a place to stop during the trip.

So it fits a few ways but I am not sure. If the lodes are loads? I don't see a creek to follow up the mountain, maybe an old creek or one that only runs during the summer melting of the snow. Looking at Google Earth, I can see there is a gradual change to a higher elevation.

Just not sure that the HoB would be an actual house. Looks boarded up too.

Thoughts please?

[Image: gZAjqI3]

HoB https://imgur.com/gallery/gZAjqI3

Also this is national Forest area, not a national park or private property as far as I can tell.
02-05-2020, 11:06 AM,
RE: This look like a HoB to you guys? Thinking of going boots on the ground.
If for some reason this area is correct, the treasure chest would currently be wet, well at least covered in snow. I wonder if I could find the blaze and dig it up under a foot or more of snow.
02-05-2020, 02:27 PM,
It seems pretty weak for a home of Brown. With the other weaknesses you pointed out (creek/blaze), I would not invest the time or money when things are covered with snow. When the snow is gone, your chances of success would improve significantly. It is unlikely there is anyone else who would be pursuing your path, especially during the winter, so take the time to improve your solve before you go anywhere.

Good luck in your search!
02-05-2020, 02:34 PM,
It does not look like an HoB to me. Plus, I believe Fenn told Cynthia that the HoB was not associated with a structure. He said that about the chest location as well and there has been a lot of back and forth on the blogs about what ff meant about the HoB question. I definitely agree with BT: wait until the snow melts.
02-09-2020, 07:00 AM,
(02-05-2020, 02:34 PM)brubr Wrote: It does not look like an HoB to me. Plus, I believe Fenn told Cynthia that the HoB was not associated with a structure. He said that about the chest location as well and there has been a lot of back and forth on the blogs about what ff meant about the HoB question. I definitely agree with BT: wait until the snow melts.

I don't think the TC is at the hoB; the poem says TC is below the hoB. Forrest says the TC is not associated with a structure. Therefore hoB could be associated with a structure. IMO the hoB is associated with a few structures.
just saying ss

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You guys have to start watching Greg on Treasure Seekers admin 0 304 08-31-2020, 11:01 AM
Last Post: admin
  Wishful Thinking Daniel A 0 300 07-14-2020, 04:02 PM
Last Post: Daniel A
  My solve.....its the end for me guys mrmagicarovrumrebel 3 650 06-16-2020, 08:12 PM
Last Post: mrmagicarovrumrebel
  Next level thinking... J Smith 2 1,125 07-06-2019, 06:17 PM
Last Post: 5GIRLS
  How far is the TC siting off the ground. mikemarcum878 12 7,471 04-10-2019, 12:34 PM
Last Post: HankJonesJr.
  Reporting from the Moral High Ground Bet 2 4,168 06-28-2018, 10:58 AM
Last Post: Bet