Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Potential concept about the Blaze
02-10-2020, 09:11 PM,
Something I haven't seen discussed is the possibility that the blaze cannot be seen at the high water point? Being that to find the blaze you would need a good map, compass or radial to draw an imaginary line to the blaze and if it were a body of water would give a location around 12 ft to the spot whetever you are in that area. Thoughts? May explain how it would be hard to spot but only seen on a map.
02-10-2020, 10:18 PM,
RE: Potential concept about the Blaze
I would think a high water line could vary considerably from year to year, whether you are talking about a river, lake, or a reservoir. Depending on precipitation, snow melt factors, etc.

How would Forrest plan for that kind of variability?

If you could see it at low water, would a fisherman or hiker be intrigued by it, and therefore "stumble upon" the treasure?

Just food for thought.

I have considered that the blaze was hidden, and spent a couple of years searching at night with a high-powered ultra-violet flashlight looking for a blaze that way ("marvel gaze"). So I am supportive of your idea that the blaze may be hidden.

On the other hand, I am also of the opinion that the blaze may be a lot more obvious to a searcher.
02-10-2020, 11:10 PM,
(02-10-2020, 09:11 PM)syd500 Wrote: Something I haven't seen discussed is the possibility that the blaze cannot be seen at the high water point? Being that to find the blaze you would need a good map, compass or radial to draw an imaginary line to the blaze and if it were a body of water would give a location around 12 ft to the spot whetever you are in that area. Thoughts? May explain how it would be hard to spot but only seen on a map.

Do you get all that from the poem?

razyfamily
02-10-2020, 11:51 PM,
The water high clue coming from the poem. Being that folks have been within 500 ft of the treasure seems that some may have come close to solving it I would assume. If the Blaze were a carving on a tree it definitely wouldnt last given most carvings on aspen trees grow over from what ive seen. In that sense folks say landmarks as potential Blazes but if it were a place on a map the only way to locate the treasure would be to be at a certain spot to determine the Blazes location i.e. over a hill or mountain using a compass, radial or sometbing to that extent witj a line to the treasure giving you an exact location to the spot. Just an idea based on solving the poems clues first obviously, which some may have to some extent. This is not based on anything in the poem.
02-11-2020, 12:09 AM,
Here’s what I see as the issue. First, tree carvings on aspens can last about 100 years, but it depends on the tree. We have aspens on our property with carvings from the ‘70’s, but I doubt they’ll survive more than another 5-10 years. They’re too far from the water source.

The main trouble here is that you appear to be starting in the middle of the poem looking for the blaze. According to Forrest, it would be a miracle if you found the blaze without starting at the first clue. I don’t think we can theorize what the blaze is without solving the previous clues.

razyfamily
02-11-2020, 12:21 AM,
Agreed. It was more an observation on when someone got to the point of solving the clues and tried to determine what the blaze is, which could be anything or nothing at all. Sounds like folks have been close so made me think what the blaze could be to make them walk past it or not solve the final clues.
02-11-2020, 12:26 AM,
Forrest wouldn’t answer a direct question of whether anyone had seen or correctly identified the blaze. It makes me wonder if the blaze is so common that we’ve all seen it...like, the sun. What other things could it be that he wouldn’t want to answer that question. Like it would matter. Thing is if it was something common, he couldn’t find a way to tell the truth but not all the truth.

razyfamily
02-11-2020, 12:33 AM,
Yes, and it would make sense if it was something common. As an example I once thought Blaze Mtn was the blaze, which it could still be, but knowing it wouldnt help you knowing what it is in anyway unless you knew the location of all the clues.
02-11-2020, 12:35 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-11-2020, 12:38 AM by crazyfamily.)
Plus the clues are contiguous. That means that the blaze is connected in some way to where warm waters halt.

If you think about the sunrise and where it begins, you can imagine the connection. This is the way to theorize about the blaze. Still, it has to start with the first clue. It could be a trail, or a river, or a road, or the sun, or something else connected to the first clue.

razyfamily
02-11-2020, 01:45 AM,
(02-11-2020, 12:35 AM)crazyfamily Wrote: Plus the clues are contiguous. That means that the blaze is connected in some way to where warm waters halt.

If you think about the sunrise and where it begins, you can imagine the connection. This is the way to theorize about the blaze. Still, it has to start with the first clue. It could be a trail, or a river, or a road, or the sun, or something else connected to the first clue.

I agree.

In the past, I have used some geological blazes -- a natural cairn of giant flat rocks stacked on top of each other, found after after traveling down a canyon, or a large rocky hillside structure anchoring one side of a dam that looked like an upraised thumb on top of a fist (in this case I was not using the dam as WWWH).

Alternatively, I used an aluminum hut on top of the dam that reflected sunlight to create a blaze, especially if you were flying over the dam, or on a nearby hillside. "Not associated with a structure" pretty much ruled this out, however.

Similarly, I had to rule out solar panels that are often associated with streamflow measuring stations (which are marked on maps as a circle divided into four pie-shaped pieces -- two black and two white = a "pie" blaze on a map). I thought the measuring stations also could represent "heavy loads and water high", if not a map blaze.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  More potential solves RichardGreen 0 452 01-05-2019, 03:09 PM
Last Post: RichardGreen
  A potential for Montana. EnigmaticThree 7 4,049 05-06-2017, 06:40 PM
Last Post: EnigmaticThree
  The treasures potential pedigree Parzival 4 2,599 01-16-2017, 02:24 PM
Last Post: DeeepThnkr
  Collaborative database for potential solutions krootz 50 28,515 05-08-2016, 08:23 PM
Last Post: Woody Bogg
  This concept of a TTOTC Veteran LostFound 59 34,932 04-11-2016, 04:52 PM
Last Post: romeofoxtrot
  Another potential clue/hint HarryFool 46 13,086 06-30-2015, 09:51 AM
Last Post: pidmt