Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flashlight? Maybe. Sandwich? Not so much.
02-11-2020, 02:32 AM,
If searching is done during the day, a flashlight could come in handy.
I suggest a very bright LED flashlight. By the way, you can save some
weight by using smaller-than-intended batteries, with lightweight "sabots"
to make the batteries seem larger. Please note that they won't last very
long, compared to the original size, if you use this method to save weight.
I use this method because my search hike is fairly long and goes uphill.

A sandwich (specifically) doesn't seem like much help, other than being
food/fuel for hiking. Granola or other food would probably suffice as well.
I honestly believe that FF's choice of the word "sandwich" was a small
hint. But it won't help much. Good luck, y'all.
02-11-2020, 11:07 AM,
RE: Flashlight? Maybe. Sandwich? Not so much.
I on the other hand believe you don't need a flashlight or a sandwich, but you probably need them both.
02-11-2020, 11:18 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-11-2020, 11:20 AM by Beavertooth.)
(02-11-2020, 02:32 AM)wildfuntear Wrote: A sandwich (specifically) doesn't seem like much help, other than being

Some searchers found the word "Hawaii" hinted at in the poem. I've forgotten just how, but from letters in the poem. Hawaii was previously known as the Sandwich Islands.

From Wikipedia:
"Formerly the group was known to Europeans and Americans as the Sandwich Islands, a name that James Cook chose in honor of the then First Lord of the Admiralty John Montagu, 4th Earl of Sandwich.
John Montagu, 4th Earl of Sandwich, PC, FRS (13 November 1718 – 30 April 1792)[1] was a British statesman who succeeded his grandfather Edward Montagu, 3rd Earl of Sandwich as the Earl of Sandwich in 1729, at the age of ten. During his life, he held various military and political offices, including Postmaster General, First Lord of the Admiralty, and Secretary of State for the Northern Department. He is also known for the claim that he was the eponymous inventor of the sandwich."

Note that Montagu was Postmaster General in his career -- that could be a possible reference to the postmarks in TTOTC.

Another possible link to sandwich is Forrest's favorite sandwich, the pimento cheese sandwich, which is a mainstay of the Master's golf tournament at the Augusta National course. Forrest has made numerous references to golf.

Just offering up distractions for the winter months -- full disclosure, I am not using these ideas at the moment.
02-11-2020, 02:28 PM,
A sandwich depicts contentment, guilt-free attitude towards life, helping attitude towards others, responsibilities and duties. Dreaming of eating a sandwich means that you are taking all the responsibilities on your shoulders in your waking life. The good news is that you are laying off all your duties in the most appropriate manner. Don't worry about the struggles that you are going through. Everything is going to be fine soon and you will be blessed for all the good things that you have done for others in your life.
Dreaming of making a sandwich means that you are taking unnecessary stress and responsibilities on your head.

[Image: 5cd5b8ee3ab1ce10c7470d1ad90787c6.jpg]
02-11-2020, 03:35 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-11-2020, 03:37 PM by legacyhelper.)
(02-11-2020, 02:28 PM)8bit katsina Wrote: A sandwich depicts contentment, guilt-free attitude towards life, helping attitude towards others, responsibilities and duties. Dreaming of eating a sandwich means that you are taking all the responsibilities on your shoulders in your waking life. The good news is that you are laying off all your duties in the most appropriate manner. Don't worry about the struggles that you are going through. Everything is going to be fine soon and you will be blessed for all the good things that you have done for others in your life.
Dreaming of making a sandwich means that you are taking unnecessary stress and responsibilities on your head.

[Image: 5cd5b8ee3ab1ce10c7470d1ad90787c6.jpg]

Wow.

No mention of bacon?

(02-11-2020, 11:18 AM)Beavertooth Wrote:
(02-11-2020, 02:32 AM)wildfuntear Wrote: A sandwich (specifically) doesn't seem like much help, other than being

Some searchers found the word "Hawaii" hinted at in the poem. I've forgotten just how, but from letters in the poem. Hawaii was previously known as the Sandwich Islands.

From Wikipedia:
"Formerly the group was known to Europeans and Americans as the Sandwich Islands, a name that James Cook chose in honor of the then First Lord of the Admiralty John Montagu, 4th Earl of Sandwich.
John Montagu, 4th Earl of Sandwich, PC, FRS (13 November 1718 – 30 April 1792)[1] was a British statesman who succeeded his grandfather Edward Montagu, 3rd Earl of Sandwich as the Earl of Sandwich in 1729, at the age of ten. During his life, he held various military and political offices, including Postmaster General, First Lord of the Admiralty, and Secretary of State for the Northern Department. He is also known for the claim that he was the eponymous inventor of the sandwich."

Note that Montagu was Postmaster General in his career -- that could be a possible reference to the postmarks in TTOTC.

Another possible link to sandwich is Forrest's favorite sandwich, the pimento cheese sandwich, which is a mainstay of the Master's golf tournament at the Augusta National course. Forrest has made numerous references to golf.

Just offering up distractions for the winter months -- full disclosure, I am not using these ideas at the moment.

I don't believe we're on the eve of distraction.
02-11-2020, 03:45 PM,
(02-11-2020, 11:07 AM)5GIRLS Wrote: I on the other hand believe you don't need a flashlight or a sandwich, but you probably need them both.

Good luck with that.
02-11-2020, 05:42 PM,
Thank you, I plan on ir.
02-12-2020, 08:00 AM,
The sandwich is a sand-witch. A metal detector.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

02-12-2020, 09:51 AM,
(02-12-2020, 08:00 AM)OH! Wrote: The sandwich is a sand-witch. A metal detector.

Good one.
02-12-2020, 10:10 AM,
(02-12-2020, 08:00 AM)OH! Wrote: The sandwich is a sand-witch. A metal detector.

I always thought it was a sand wedge, as in golf club.
These are all just my ideas. I hope no one uses them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sandwich/Flashlight/Teeth/Friend/Car running Riddlemethat 4 858 03-27-2019, 09:07 AM
Last Post: Beavertooth
  A Flashlight, A Blaze and a gut feeling walk into a bar... monkeyking 4 2,259 08-01-2018, 02:16 AM
Last Post: DeeepThnkr
  Take a sandwich and a flashlight Gilagin 15 5,738 04-22-2018, 05:08 PM
Last Post: Gilagin
  Sandwich and a Flashlight Quack Quack 2 1,418 04-18-2018, 06:14 PM
Last Post: Quack Quack
  Flashlight and a Sandwich GoneAlone 6 4,259 08-11-2017, 04:53 AM
Last Post: EnigmaticThree
  For those searching at night (flashlight suggestion) Andrew Jef 14 3,528 03-11-2017, 08:55 PM
Last Post: Beavertooth