Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just a fantasy
02-15-2020, 02:44 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-15-2020, 03:02 AM by Andrew Jef.)
Just a fantasy
I recently had a great fantasy, as follows:

In this fantasy, the TC isn't where the clues lead to, because that place,
although groovy, is too isolated for convenient transportation of the 42 pounds of goodies. I think I remember reading that FF has said that recovery, after the find, is not a big task.

In my fantasy, finding the "solve" place is rewarded, because that place
is where the clever solver/searcher will find good further instructions to follow, in order to find the actual TC of gold, etc. which is much closer to a reasonable parking place. The hidey space of the actual trove would not be prominently "landmarked" by visual things (such as a huge boulder/waterfall/pointer). Perhaps the further instructions would say something like "From where these instructions were found, proceed due North exactly 1 mile. Look for an
equilateral triangle of potato-sized rocks. One red, one white, one
black, with each leg of the triangle approximately 2 feet long. Due west of this triangle, exactly 90 feet, is a flat stone about the size and shape of a beaver's paddle. Look under this stone, because that's where the TC will be." This may be not a great example, for good reason(s).

Wouldn't that be cool! No major shlepping needed, although the hike
to the groovy place (solve destination) is still a bit of a challenge. I've been dreading the task of actually shlepping 42 pounds of stuff from that isolated location all the way back to my parked automobile.

Fortunately, even if the TC is actually at the groovy place, one could
plan and execute the task of recovering the goodies. It would tend to
be quite time-consuming and perhaps a logistical challenge, but well
worth the effort (and the cold).
02-15-2020, 07:58 PM,
RE: Just a fantasy
(02-15-2020, 02:44 AM)Andrew Jef Wrote: I recently had a great fantasy, as follows:

although groovy, is too isolated for convenient transportation of the 42 pounds of goodies. I think I remember reading that FF has said that recovery, after the find, is not a big task.

is where the clever solver/searcher will find good further instructions to follow, in order to find the actual TC of gold, etc. which is much closer to a reasonable parking place. The hidey space of the actual trove would not be prominently "landmarked" by visual things (such as a huge boulder/waterfall/pointer). Perhaps the further instructions would say something like "From where these instructions were found, proceed due North exactly 1 mile. Look for an
black, with each leg of the triangle approximately 2 feet long. Due west of this triangle, exactly 90 feet, is a flat stone about the size and shape of a beaver's paddle. Look under this stone, because that's where the TC will be." This may be not a great example, for good reason(s).

to the groovy place (solve destination) is still a bit of a challenge. I've been dreading the task of actually shlepping 42 pounds of stuff from that isolated location all the way back to my parked automobile.

Bring a folding wagon.
02-16-2020, 01:11 AM,
(02-15-2020, 07:58 PM)Daniel A Wrote:
(02-15-2020, 02:44 AM)Andrew Jef Wrote: I recently had a great fantasy, as follows:

Bring a folding wagon.

A wagon in use could be pretty conspicuous. Not what I would want.
I built a wagon specifically for this, and brought it on my first BOTG
search hike. Afterward, based on my experience, I decided that it wasn't such a good idea.
02-16-2020, 07:08 AM,
If you know how to aim the rifle with an offset sight, you are correct about an easier retrieval AJ.
just saying ss