Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One thing nobody has thought about
06-27-2020, 02:19 PM,
(02-16-2020, 05:14 PM)inthehunt Wrote: A WWH?
I'd say it's a possible clue that's been overlooked.
Where's a mucky/muddy trail leading into a Dark/black abyss?
I found one online I think.[Image: e4f50ecdb9960b0889e7c44a03682781.jpg]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

FF has talked about covered Bridges and red covered Bridges.
And about his father lighting candles at both ends.
This is connected to the chase I believe. And I think he may even rode these same tracks when he was young and doing summers in Yellowstone. I think it's all connected, and if you dig in a little bit you should definitely check out the Oliver mansion and it's history. But here is a link to the main page. All of it is interesting but please read down to the train wreck accident.

https://historymuseumsb.org/history-of-m...a-indiana/

And I'm going to post a couple pictures of the Oliver family and see if you can find a resemblance.
[Image: 35aecaa15905c5eb363afe5a010bf2a0.jpg][Image: 27d26c858a0478f3c4124965b75bb407.jpg]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

A little before midnight on June 27, 1859 the Night Express train traveling from Chicago to Toledo roared into South Bend. It had been a very rainy couple of days and when the Michigan Southern train carrying 150 people reached the Springbrook Bridge and the ravine it covered. The soil holding up the railroad bridge was loosened to such an extend that when the train reached the ravine, the bridge gave way and the train and all its cars careened into the flooded abyss. The engine and its tender was literally buried into the muddy bank on the opposite side of the culvert. The rest of the wooden cars were smashed into kindling and piled on top of each other. The two first class passenger cars were torn to pieces and much of the cars were carried downstream, while the sleeping car, which was close to the rear of the train, was somewhat less damaged.

Tucumcari, N. M., Aug 29 (AP) -- Six persons were killed and 40 others were being treated in hospitals and improvised first aid wards in hotels and private homes, following the wreck of the crack Golden State Limited trans-continental passenger train five miles west of here at dawn today.
The train plunged through a washed-out bridge into a water-filled arroyo, the engine and six coaches tumbling down the sides of the high hill into the gulch. The east span of the steel bridge had been crumpled by a torrent resulting from heavy rains climaxed by a four-inch fall last night. It was reported that the front part of the train, which included the day coaches, plunged into deep water, but the Pullman coaches apparently were in shallower water

Pullman coaches were built in Michigan City, Indiana. Thirty miles west of South Bend, Indiana.

. Citizens of South Bend and Mishawaka were alerted to the accident by church bells being rung in the middle of the night.

The politically famous South Bend resident Schuyler Colfax. The 17th Vice President of the United States. (The town and county of Colfax, NM is named after him)

In 1842, Colfax became the editor for the South Bend Free Press.

n 1845 Colfax purchased the South Bend Free Press and changed its name to the St. Joseph Valley Register. He owned the Register for nine years.

Schuyler Colfax is buried in South Bend, Indiana

Colfax Avenue in South Bend is named in his honor . Colfax Avenue in Mishawaka, Indiana, is also named after him.

Colfax School was built in South Bend and opened in 1898 just a few blocks from the Schuyler Colfax home

To continue the train theme.
Schuyler Colfax, Speaker of the House of Representatives, was asked by President Abraham Lincoln on April 14 to take a message to the miners of the west, that their prosperity is the prosperity of the Nation. These may have been Lincoln's last words on public subjects, as he was shot later that evening at Ford Theatre, Washington, D.C.
In May 1865 Colfax traveled 2000 miles by stagecoach, reaching San Francisco on July 1, 1865. The slow journey emphasized the need for a railroad to the Pacific. Colfax traveled by special train on the new Central Pacific Railroad, 56 miles from Sacramento to Colfax, and along the working sections on horseback and by coach. Track was graded and laid and trains were running to the town of Colfax, named for the Speaker. The Transcontinental Railroad would unite the Atlantic Regions and the Pacific Regions of our Nation.

An 1872–73 Congressional investigationinto the Crédit Mobilier scandal identified Colfax as one of several federal government officials who in 1868 accepted payments of cash and discounted stock from the Union Pacific Railroad in exchange for favorable action during the construction of the transcontinental railroad. Though he vociferously defended himself against charges his reputation suffered. Colfax left the vice presidency at the end of his term in March 1873 and never again ran for office. Afterwards he worked as a business executive and became a popular lecturer and speech maker
One might say he was a FRAUD!

On January 13, 1885, Colfax walked about three-quarters of a mile in −30 °Weather from the Front Street depot to the Omaha depot in Mankato, Minnesota, intending to change trains on his way to Rock Rapids, Iowa, to give a speech. Five minutes after arriving at the depot, Colfax died of a heart attack brought on by the extreme cold and exhaustion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
06-27-2020, 03:05 PM,
RE: One thing nobody has thought about
@travis.gore.79 - Wowee-zowee! That's a lot of research. But how does any of it relate to the poem clues & the finding of the treasure?
06-27-2020, 05:17 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-27-2020, 05:47 PM by travis.gore.79.)
(06-27-2020, 03:05 PM)Becky from WV Wrote: @travis.gore.79 - Wowee-zowee! That's a lot of research. But how does any of it relate to the poem clues & the finding of the treasure?

(06-27-2020, 03:05 PM)Becky from WV Wrote: @travis.gore.79 - Wowee-zowee! That's a lot of research. But how does any of it relate to the poem clues & the finding of the treasure?

You are kidding me right?
This was a subtle hint right out of the book. It tells us New Mexico. I challenge anyone to match that train story to any other train crash in the four states. My opinion the chest was in Colfax County. I also think he built the entire chase around Schuyler Colfax.
Here is another train story maybe this one won’t go over your head.
Buffalo Cowboys / Buffalo Soldiers
Skippys axles were bouncing like a circus acrobat. (I will refrain from explaining why he says circus acrobats)

Tolar, New Mexico
A train carrying munitions exploded there in 1944, causing the largest accidental explosion in New Mexico history.

Almost every house or building in town was either destroyed or damaged substantially. One resident had to jump out of her store as a 1,500-pound axle hurtled toward her, crashing through the roof of her store and out the back.

[Image: 7d51cac90e0c14c520e2c7352ec17a6d.jpg]
Looks like an old steam powered locomotive to me
[Image: e045296b843ef239612567374fd08d70.jpg]
Where is the bridge?
[Image: f5ad29d452affe1b5bf7100c5581b0ad.jpg]
Damaged railroad tracks
[Image: 29bf070dc4e482436911ba8488ee33be.jpg]
Railroad sign

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[Image: 4ecde5921c2921fbf380610edc49922b.jpg]
[Image: 9e8d5cbf4789a3b2fbe9613bfdf1398c.jpg]
Stag Canyon Colfax County
[Image: 39db01594f6e1540e145d439a2ca64d9.jpg]
06-27-2020, 09:24 PM,
@travis.gore.79 - Very good ... but how does all of that fit the 9 clues in the poem? If your first clue is wwwh, what is that? Can you meld your ideas to physical places in the poem, & end up at the treasure location? How?
06-28-2020, 05:11 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-28-2020, 06:55 AM by travis.gore.79.)
(06-27-2020, 09:24 PM)Becky from WV Wrote: @travis.gore.79 - Very good ... but how does all of that fit the 9 clues in the poem? If your first clue is wwwh, what is that? Can you meld your ideas to physical places in the poem, & end up at the treasure location? How?

There are layers to the book.
1. Historical figures whom have been forgotten and or lost to history
2. Historical figures whom history has portrayed wrong.
3. Historical figures involved in a scandal.
ff has told us he is a history buff
In the sb’s he has shown us
1. The pilgrims leaving England
2. Signing the Declaration of Independence
3. He showed us where said document was signed.
There is a pattern that formed in the book and SB’s telling us Colfax County
4. He has shown us all four presidents who were assassinated.

Let’s look at just the cover of the book
The thrill of the chase
Chase Ranch / Colfax County
Canadian coin / Canadian River / Colfax County
Queen Elizabeth is on said coin ElizabethTown / Colfax County

Eagles Nest Village / Colfax County was called Therma / a Greek word / Therma Greece has three hot springs

Eagles Nest Lake / Colfax County / is an alpine lake the water is cold.

Schuyler Colfax statue in Indianapolis was made by Lorado Taft. I find it absolutely fascinating that he started the Eagles Nest Art Colony in Oregon, Illinois

ff bought a book in Denver on Colfax Ave
Colfax Ave is two blocks south of the Denver Museum.

John Wayne emulated Yakima Canutt
From Colfax

Indiana Jones pays tribute to Yakima in the movie Indiana Jones

Rosetta Stone was found by Napoleon Bonaparte / Lucien Bonaparte Maxwell
Maxwell Land Grant / Colfax County

06-28-2020, 01:49 PM,
@travis.gore.79 - None of those "facts" match the poem clues. Where's wwwh & canyon down & hoB? Where's heavy loads? Water high? How does any of your info fit the poem?

Where did your solve end up? The treasure location? So much of your theory is a stretch for me. NOTHING definite.
06-29-2020, 07:23 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-29-2020, 07:29 PM by travis.gore.79.)
(06-28-2020, 01:49 PM)Becky from WV Wrote: @travis.gore.79 - None of those "facts" match the poem clues. Where's wwwh & canyon down & hoB? Where's heavy loads? Water high? How does any of your info fit the poem?

Where did your solve end up? The treasure location? So much of your theory is a stretch for me. NOTHING definite.

Mine is a stretch? lol
You built your entire solve on train jargon. Where is this jargon in the book?
What does the Canadian coin mean on the cover?
My interpretation ended in the town of Colfax
If you use the word ALONE and replace it with stag. You get Stag Canyon, Stag Creek and the Dawson Stag Minor league baseball team. “Stouthearted Men” he was only there for a short time. The Dawson stags were the Colorado Millionaires. They moved mid season and never played again. The town of Colfax is in Spring Canyon. Wait until Spring to go search. “Stouthearted Men” they gave them Saltpeter. Saltpeter Mountain, Saltpeter Canyon and Saltpeter Creek. All can be seen from the town of Colfax. ff told rudy when she took him a roll of toilet paper that the liquor store was right around the corner. The only thing that says Colfax is the liquor store.
Buffalo Cowboys. Skippys car crashed while being towed. The second mine explosion was when a car being towed derailed. He was also trying to Dodge trees. Phelps Dodge owned the Dawson Mines. They had 10 mines all named stag. “Prayed for D’s” after the mine closed they operated the Double D Ranch. Heavy loads and water high.
[Image: cc4dd74e5bf16f21263d5f273da07eaa.jpg]
Now the arrow matches the Blaze on the horse on the cover of TTOTC
The water flows under the ground. The ground is heavy. [Image: 74b88f4b980728a16f853382e79ba3bd.jpg]
Now back to the train crash in Mishawaka. The culvert was blocked by wood which caused the bridge to fall into the abyss.
The Vermajaro River flows into a culvert/ abyss then out to the arrow.
The trove is in a grove next to a cove that leads to the abyss.
The Dawson Cemetery was discovered by two gentlemen metal detecting. They were walking through waist / belly high grass, when one of the brothers tripped over an iron cross. “My war for me” Sound familiar? ff uses the word aluminum. Aluminum was only used in aircraft’s at that time. That should have grabbed your attention. I guess not. I noticed you said that you did not get anything out of Blue Jeans and hush puppies. That was so easy. He even gave you a hint in scrapbook 85.
Let Zoe eat cake and hush puppies underwater while wearing Guess jeans [Image: 0866dd7256a729e569e84d24524a759a.jpg]

Here is the blue Thunderbird he walked by in scrapbook 219
[Image: fcd5cf8be8a50aa8c0a05589cd6b239c.jpg]

Here is a car train car that was in the town of Colfax
[Image: 9b2746797f67596251e08626fe876728.jpg]
Dawson Cemetery looks like the illustration in the book. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
06-30-2020, 08:20 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-30-2020, 08:21 PM by Becky from WV.)
@ travis.gore.79 - Way too complicated & too many assumptions.

You stated: " I noticed you said that you did not get anything out of Blue Jeans and hush puppies. That was so easy. He even gave you a hint in scrapbook 85. Let Zoe eat cake and hush puppies underwater while wearing Guess jeans".

You are correct that I got NOTHING out of "Blue Jeans & Hush Puppies. What did you find there as a hint? And what exactly is the hint in #85 that I missed?

I respect your efforts, but I believe they are NOT concise enough. You go from a coin to a stag to millionaires, spring, saltpeter, a mine explosion, & the Double D Ranch. Then you're off again ... through a train crash, a fallen bridge, a cemetery, & aluminum.

You finally stated that: "The trove is in a grove next to a cove that leads to the abyss." Okay, then. I am now humbled.
07-01-2020, 03:44 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-01-2020, 04:28 AM by travis.gore.79.)
Scrapbook 85 Donna Karan she is a fashion designer. Don’t Guess, just ask Miss Ford for the answer

Hush Puppies is from a famous novel. ff mentions one of the characters by name in TTOTC

Sisters both are of Roman descendant

All three share NYC

That’s all I will say.
I would tell you the rest, but I am too complicated as you say.
I even had a famous train car, and a famous train line to tell you.