Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why when story first broke do the interviews state only New Mexico
05-26-2014, 10:12 PM,
Hi,

So, I find it interesting that the news interviews early on only speak of the treasure being in New Mexico........could it be that the range was only broadened when the story became so popular? Shit.....should i be looking in New Mexico now instead of Yellowstone? Geez.....

05-26-2014, 10:49 PM,
I noticed that after you made mention.....

my interpretation was that it was north of Santa Fe.....from the repetitive statements saying this over and over again

but many local news agencies take their own direction to hype the tourist attention of it all, to show local areas in their footage to attract people to New Mexico's hills, i think that was their intention, as they always showed parks and rec wilderness trail areas....and hikers with walking sticks....

the national news stories made it more clear that he had hidden it on the map's highlighted areas...

i think it would be hard for them to get Fenn to travel the distance for a simple interview to another state though.....so would rule it out as coincidental convenience....
05-26-2014, 11:05 PM,
Wrong, it was first sold only in one book store in NM. Then after the local NM affiliate did a story on it thats when it got picked up nationally. After the national stories started thats when "rocky" was added to the description of mountains north of Santa Fe.

Its up to you to decide where you think its at. Happy hunting!
Shhh they aren't listening.
05-26-2014, 11:53 PM,
who's wrong?, except for the sold in NM part, you just basically repeated exactly what i said in your own terms.....lol....
05-27-2014, 06:28 AM,
Sorry, you are correct. The way you worded it was a little round about though. SmilePosted right before bed. My bad.
Shhh they aren't listening.
05-27-2014, 08:30 PM,
ive never seen any early news stories that said in new mexico

i have seen early news stories that stated the treasure was hidden somewhere in the southwest
05-27-2014, 11:35 PM,
The article says that "somewhere in <b>Northern New Mexico</b> it was <b>buried</b> and waiting to be <b>unearthed</b>."

How much clearer do you need it to be? That is if you can believe the article, they may have twisted Fenn's words around, you know how reporters can mess it up.............Adios! 8-)
05-27-2014, 11:36 PM,
ive never read that article before now. a lot of articles out there about Fenn im sure i havent read

does that make me an amateur. i was an amateur anyways. ive never searched for a treasure before.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dal's 2006 Interviews familytoe5 2 613 02-12-2019, 01:10 PM
Last Post: familytoe5
  Dal's 2006 Interviews familytoe5 0 282 02-09-2019, 07:15 PM
Last Post: familytoe5
  Ramblin' Pam Interviews Fenn on Joseph Henry Sharpe tyounis 0 697 09-22-2018, 01:16 PM
Last Post: tyounis
  State of the Chase... minotaur_moreno 8 1,816 06-27-2018, 11:52 PM
Last Post: minotaur_moreno
  The Treasure State AccountAtAGlance 5 2,174 08-19-2017, 07:20 PM
Last Post: timebandit
  The sad state of the chase mdavis19 69 57,259 08-06-2017, 02:35 PM
Last Post: hawkeye