Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yellowstone and Grand Tetons Closed
03-24-2020, 04:48 PM,
For the stoners out there, your favorite park is now closed.

https://buckrail.com/closed-yellowstone-...5f08e311ee
03-24-2020, 05:50 PM,
Until further notice even...
03-24-2020, 09:35 PM,
RE: Yellowstone and Grand Tetons Closed
That closure may help save the lives of people who might otherwise get themselves killed by falling off a cliff, freezing to death, poking a hibernating bear with a hot branding iron, etc.
03-26-2020, 09:59 AM,
Just read on google that another Fenn searcher near the Utah border has died while searching. Stay safe ppl.
03-26-2020, 12:18 PM,
(03-26-2020, 09:59 AM)Seeker9 Wrote: Just read on google that another Fenn searcher near the Utah border has died while searching. Stay safe ppl.

While I sympathize with the families, these guys were completely unprepared, and were previously rescued from a nearby area less than a month before.

"They carried candy bars and a couple of bottles of water, but at some point there was not enough snow on the ground and they pressed forward on foot.

"They were not dressed appropriately for the conditions, even for a day trip, and definitely not dressed for if something happened and they couldn't get out of there," said Lt. Chip McIntyre of the Moffat County Sheriff's Office.

Searchers on foot spotted the older man Saturday. He was removed by helicopter and hospitalized, but his companion was dead when rescuers arrived.

The men were found within five miles of a site where they were previously rescued by emergency crews Feb. 29, authorities said."

Crazy.
03-29-2020, 04:57 PM,
i spoke with a nice lady at Colter Bay in GT the other day about whether i should go ahead and cancel my June reservations. She advised that i wait because they still plan on opening, although possibly delayed. We’ve been sheltering-at-home now for going on two weeks. I’m considered essential so i’m able to go to work as needed, but still only going out to get food as needed. i hope everyone is doing ok and staying home as directed. our friends in the health industry are really having a tough time of it, and my wife is sewing masks to ship to people we know can use them. the chest isn’t going anywhere i believe, so we’re staying home and taking care of each other. Good luck everyone, keep the grand parents safe!
------------------------------
Oh! he slips the surly bonds of earth,
To dance the skies on laughter-silvered wings;
Flings his eager craft through footless canyons of air
Tops the wind-swept heights with easy grace
Where even eagles never flew...
Puts out his hand, to touch the face of God.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Granda Raising 3 Grand kids 5GIRLS 0 276 09-19-2019, 04:00 PM
Last Post: 5GIRLS
  Case Closed alakate 0 1,153 03-01-2017, 05:38 PM
Last Post: alakate
  Oh my, we have a new grand baby! deb 21 9,271 08-07-2016, 04:42 PM
Last Post: deb