Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last step is hard
03-25-2020, 06:32 PM,
Last step is hard
We have the final area, everything lines up perfectly, except for the where you are when putting in below the hoB. The put in isn't below, it's north. From there everything is dead on, poem to botg, book hints, ATF comments, etc. Again, we have 100% no doubt so play along. So this leaves a couple of options, one is an idea that has been tossed around by many, including RahRah who Deeep has much respect for. reordering of stanzas or lines. Deeep has played with it and there are some very interesting results but it always jumps track somewhere. Ex: What if you are coming back to car, after retrieval, and the put in is below the hoB. This is what we have. The 3rd stanza still fits. We still must use wwwh as first clue or nothing works though. This logically says that lines , not stanzas, are reordered for line 8. AND everything else to work. Evidence that this may be true: 9 clues/sentences, "if I told you where hoB was you'd go right to it". Pov is very important in last step. What we think: the prize is at bottom of the feature and we have a specific spot there also that fits stanza 4 and the clues after line 8 are just to confirm you are right. The words From and There'll and the fact that the poem shows zero movement in stanza 3, only what you see, confirms this outlook. Last option is he is being too concrete with the definition of below, or should use the second idea of line 8, which still works in area, in conjunction with the initial clue, and move the clues forward a step in a physical sense. This wouldn't change much for the specific points on top cause they fit line 12 and blaze and quickly down. And lastly , the semicolon. It's not a turning point but could be the bridge that is there, that's what a semicolon does, bridge. It's a damn mind bender at last step. Anyone want to set aside their bias and look at the structure from our pov?
03-25-2020, 07:44 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-25-2020, 07:44 PM by Longfellow.)
RE: Last step is hard
Not sure what you’re asking for. I agree the semicolon connects what comes before it with what comes after it. It also is telling you to prominently pause and reflect.
03-26-2020, 12:59 AM,
You don't seem to be using stanzas five and six. Without them, you have an incomplete solve, so the rest of your issues don't matter. IMO
03-26-2020, 03:27 AM,
(03-25-2020, 11:21 PM)legacyhelper Wrote:
(03-25-2020, 07:44 PM)Longfellow Wrote: Not sure what you’re asking for. I agree the semicolon connects what comes before it with what comes after it. It also is telling you to prominently pause and reflect.

Do you suppose that an ex-fighter pilot would do this?

Yes, I do, and thanks for asking. Take every memoir and scrapbook he has written as evidence to support such a conclusion. Each story is a thoughtful reflection on memories of events, experiences, and people from his life. This thoughtful reflective process is the source for the development of human wisdom in his life, and in each of our own lives.

I don’t see Forrest as being so one-dimensional as to be described as just an “ex-fighter pilot.” That was just one temporary and finite vocation from his life.
03-26-2020, 08:15 AM,
(03-26-2020, 03:27 AM)Longfellow Wrote:
(03-25-2020, 11:21 PM)legacyhelper Wrote:
(03-25-2020, 07:44 PM)Longfellow Wrote: Not sure what you’re asking for. I agree the semicolon connects what comes before it with what comes after it. It also is telling you to prominently pause and reflect.

Do you suppose that an ex-fighter pilot would do this?

Yes, I do, and thanks for asking. Take every memoir and scrapbook he has written as evidence to support such a conclusion. Each story is a thoughtful reflection on memories of events, experiences, and people from his life. This thoughtful reflective process is the source for the development of human wisdom in his life, and in each of our own lives.

I don’t see Forrest as being so one-dimensional as to be described as just an “ex-fighter pilot.” That was just one temporary and finite vocation from his life.

Well said.
03-26-2020, 01:16 PM,
BT, we use everything. Deeep actually found out yesterday how line 8 connects to next two lines and how it relates lol. The answer can be found with the cover of OUAW. We always wondered about that. We also figured out "you have to nail down the first clue" and its closely related to line 10 lol. We know a couple people have discussed it openly but in a very snarky way so asnot to draw attention to it. We seek the end of the rainbow. What ends a rainbow? Wwwh words are in line 5 but where wwh is in poem elsewhere and tells you what it is. This info+ stanza 1+ book helps you find where on a map to look. These are facts, not opinions. Line 8 - line 10 is a bit tricky. Ever do a 4 dimensional Einstein riddle while standing on your head? It starts to look like that until you simplify and look for the end of the rainbow. Deeep went skiing and to help his brother tame some horses. The job seems to nevr end but it's know impossible. Shoot for the stars everyone and stay alone. It's the message.
03-27-2020, 03:17 PM,
(03-26-2020, 10:57 PM)8bit katsina Wrote: I'm still waiting for frog to be mentioned in the same sentence as wwwh and blaze. In my version of the poem the word waters is a verb and halt is A person, place, or thing.

Tighter than a frog's ass. Smile
03-27-2020, 11:21 PM,
I believe the frog is a tree frog and they are hollering all over my trip area... They sing when it rains; they really like moisture...
just saying ss

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pandora's box vs lead searcher, the hard line Top Secret 26 7,715 12-19-2019, 04:16 PM
Last Post: Beavertooth
  hard math Chris Yates 3 652 11-05-2019, 09:24 PM
Last Post: Chris Yates
  Hard Lesson - Old Advise for 2019 filmguy 3 1,240 01-28-2019, 03:52 PM
  Why is WWWH so hard for soo many?? Gordon Lightfoot 7 2,610 11-28-2018, 06:43 AM
  This puzzle ranks among the sweetest puzzles ever, scary hard DeeepThnkr 25 7,446 07-14-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: mikemarcum878
  The first step when starting the chase Indy 0 1,418 07-20-2017, 06:28 AM
Last Post: Indy