Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I still don't understand why people are still doing this....
04-13-2020, 07:28 PM,
Digging!

There is nothing in the poem that would tell someone that they have to do this so why are people still doing this or think they might have to dig?
04-13-2020, 08:21 PM,
RE: I still don't understand why people are still doing this....
They weren't clearly advised by FF not to. Historically (at least in stories), a treasure chest was buried.
Great balls of fire!
04-13-2020, 09:27 PM,
(04-13-2020, 08:21 PM)wildfuntear Wrote: They weren't clearly advised by FF not to. Historically (at least in stories), a treasure chest was buried.
Great balls of fire!
Good point wild I guess it could be a little innate to chase whether we like it or not but your right!

Still don't think the poem indicates it at all!
04-13-2020, 09:58 PM,
Not sure if digging is necessary or not. I imagine if I was standing on the spot I'd scrape around a little it it's not on top.
04-27-2020, 04:41 PM,
(04-13-2020, 09:58 PM)Daniel A Wrote: Not sure if digging is necessary or not. I imagine if I was standing on the spot I'd scrape around a little it it's not on top.

Your right Daniel A i'm guilty of the same thing but scraping around a little is whole

different ball game than actually digging a hole in the ground!

.Now if there was a blaze on a certain spot and the spot was soft and movable id

probably move dirt around a little more! Ah the blaze what a great topic!
04-27-2020, 08:10 PM,
Wouldn't it be funny...seeing the blaze looking down right on top of the ground!
04-27-2020, 11:10 PM,
I once found a mound of dirt with a very old grape soda bottle sticking out of it. I did come back with a shovel and dug up the mound. No joy. I gave the shovel to the desk clerk at the hotel. Smile
04-27-2020, 11:49 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-28-2020, 01:00 AM by crazyfamily.)
Those bottles were so thick. What’s up with that. There was hardly any liquid in the bottle.
04-28-2020, 09:42 AM,
@jacbNimble - By now you would think that any searcher, EVERY one, would understand that, when asked, FF stated that NO tools are needed to retrieve his treasure. He said to take a sandwich along. When he was asked if a flashlight would help, & he stated something like ... only if it gets dark.

So NO digging! If a searcher needs a shovel or a back-hoe, I assume one will be provided at the spot.
04-28-2020, 09:51 AM,
(04-28-2020, 09:42 AM)Becky from WV Wrote: @jacbNimble - By now you would think that any searcher, EVERY one, would understand that, when asked, FF stated that NO tools are needed to retrieve his treasure. He said to take a sandwich along. When he was asked if a flashlight would help, & he stated something like ... only if it gets dark.

So NO digging! If a searcher needs a shovel or a back-hoe, I assume one will be provided at the spot.

That makes sense...he probably would provide a tool if needed.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  my solve is based solely on poem purity. Even mdavis could understand this paulb 3 1,551 09-02-2018, 04:10 PM
Last Post: TheLastCrusade
  I do not understand why Mr. Fenn would not answer this ? Windy City 8 7,373 01-18-2017, 06:53 PM
Last Post: E.C. Waters
  Tools to understand the poem, and the first one there. Hammertime 33 10,690 03-10-2015, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tim Nobody