Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The decryption
Yesterday, 03:42 AM,
RE: The decryption
Fenn didn’t say he took out the IOU. He said he couldn’t remember if he left the IOU in the chest.

However, he said he loaded the items into the chest in the field. That would have happened a short period of time prior to the date he made the statement about not remembering if the IOU was there.

It looks like the story of the IOU may be unreliable.

I wonder what other stories may be unreliable?
Yesterday, 08:29 AM,
The decryption
Um, nearly all of the stories in TTOTC.
Yesterday, 02:32 PM,
Here’s another one:

Fenn said the chest was easily accessible for a man aged 80 years. He said a Searcher would know when they were within 12 ft of it. So, if that was true the chest must be in an arrangement near the surface.

Therefore, it must be easily accessible to animals. For example, a bear could pick up the scent of the wax Fenn said he used to seal glass jars in the chest. A bear may regard this as an energy-rich source of food.

I believe bears have a sense of smell something like 60 times more powerful than dogs. So, a bear likely would find the chest and likely would disturb it.

When logic is applied to some of Fenn’s statements often there seems to be an area where the logic doesn’t tally. Maybe under such scrutiny some things start to unravel?
Yesterday, 02:56 PM, (This post was last modified: Yesterday, 03:00 PM by crazyfamily.)
The decryption
I’ve already tried to debunk the wax seal thing. People just blindly believe that the wax can withstand temperatures that would build up in a bronze box left in the sunshine. Doesn’t make sense to me, but whatever.

The only chance for the wax would be for the chest to hidden in the shade, preferably underground or in a cave or rock overhang.

Now, he didn’t say that a searcher would know when they were within twelve feet of the chest. He did say, “It is not likely that anyone would get that close and not find it.” It doesn’t mean that a searcher will know when they are that close, though you may assume that’s what it means.

To me it means that something leads you to this place, whether it’s a creek bed or a rock outcropping etc, otherwise, wouldn’t it be possible to walk by it at a 12 foot distance? I think so. It tells me the chest is in a place that you can’t walk by it.
Yesterday, 02:59 PM,
(Yesterday, 02:32 PM)White Knight Wrote: Here’s another one:

Fenn said the chest was easily accessible for a man aged 80 years. He said a Searcher would know when they were within 12 ft of it. So, if that was true the chest must be in an arrangement near the surface.

Therefore, it must be easily accessible to animals. For example, a bear could pick up the scent of the wax Fenn said he used to seal glass jars in the chest. A bear may regard this as an energy-rich source of food.

I believe bears have a sense of smell something like 60 times more powerful than dogs. So, a bear likely would find the chest and likely would disturb it.

When logic is applied to some of Fenn’s statements often there seems to be an area where the logic doesn’t tally. Maybe under such scrutiny some things start to unravel?

I don't think bears like the scent of gold, so they probably stay away. Not sure about porcupines, however. Smile
Yesterday, 04:36 PM,
(Yesterday, 02:56 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: I’ve already tried to debunk the wax seal thing. People just blindly believe that the wax can withstand temperatures that would build up in a bronze box left in the sunshine. Doesn’t make sense to me, but whatever.

The only chance for the wax would be for the chest to hidden in the shade, preferably underground or in a cave or rock overhang.

Now, he didn’t say that a searcher would know when they were within twelve feet of the chest. He did say, “It is not likely that anyone would get that close and not find it.” It doesn’t mean that a searcher will know when they are that close, though you may assume that’s what it means.

To me it means that something leads you to this place, whether it’s a creek bed or a rock outcropping etc, otherwise, wouldn’t it be possible to walk by it at a 12 foot distance? I think so. It tells me the chest is in a place that you can’t walk by it.

I walked by it recently, when I took a walk around the block I live on.