Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your troubles with Brown
05-07-2020, 04:55 PM,
Your troubles with Brown
Don't worry why Brown is capitalized! Even if you feel it shouldn't be, you all need to remember that it's FF's Brown. Whether you the editor or anyone else thinks so it's his Brown. Just like the word Jungle in this sentence, shouldn't be capitalized. I could tell you that if it's my Jungle it is capitalized. My Jungle is like a parasite and comes alive. My Jungle sent me things to deal with. Sometimes the Jungle liked us and other times it treats your body like a bad bacterium.
Brown is FF's so he capitalized it despite what you know or think, it's his.
05-07-2020, 08:27 PM,
RE: Your troubles with Brown
(05-07-2020, 04:55 PM)Shyannwhy Wrote: Don't worry why Brown is capitalized! Even if you feel it shouldn't be, you all need to remember that it's FF's Brown. Whether you the editor or anyone else thinks so it's his Brown. Just like the word Jungle in this sentence, shouldn't be capitalized. I could tell you that if it's my Jungle it is capitalized. My Jungle is like a parasite and comes alive. My Jungle sent me things to deal with. Sometimes the Jungle liked us and other times it treats your body like a bad bacterium.

Stay flexible. It can be your key to indecision.
05-08-2020, 05:46 PM,
It's capitalized; and it's just exactly "under" it.
just saying ss
05-08-2020, 09:37 PM,
EOS, very good sir. Good to see we aren't alone. Yet you do actually put in below the hoB, geographically and in poem. Find where to start is significant.
05-09-2020, 12:06 AM,
(05-07-2020, 04:55 PM)Shyannwhy Wrote: Don't worry why Brown is capitalized! Even if you feel it shouldn't be, you all need to remember that it's FF's Brown. Whether you the editor or anyone else thinks so it's his Brown. Just like the word Jungle in this sentence, shouldn't be capitalized. I could tell you that if it's my Jungle it is capitalized. My Jungle is like a parasite and comes alive. My Jungle sent me things to deal with. Sometimes the Jungle liked us and other times it treats your body like a bad bacterium.

I would not worry about anything in the poem. Worry will constrict a mind being free to explore the poem landscape.

I assume that your home of Brown is highly logical based upon how you arrived there in your thinking from solving the previous clues. That would make perfect sense, as I would highly doubt that any a priori theories about what is the home of Brown, and/or why the B is capitalized, would likely lead you directly to the correct understanding of home of Brown without getting there via Forrest's directions.

So, the Brown that you have deduced or discovered has a capital B because it is Fenn's; it is His. He is making something greater out of it because he feels that it is perhaps "mine alone." He is naming something as a parent would name a child or something special that needs to be elevated. There are examples of Forrest doing this in TTotC.

As a theory as to why we encounter the capital B for Brown, your idea is in my view superior to many that I have read. And it is rather simple and straightforward, as we say...

However, I don't arrive at that being correct. Based upon what I said above, the home of Brown, and its unique capital B, are revealed to me after having solved the clues that precede it as a contiguous whole that is married to a map, which is a miniaturized and two-dimensional analog of the true landscape. I can put in below the home of Brown because I arrived there using the previous 2 or 3 clues (depends upon how you count 'em. Stanza 2 "Sounds like 3 or 4 to me!")

I don't believe that you will find a place named Brown, or somewhere named after a person Brown, etc. But I believe that he has placed a capital B on an important word, 'brown', because he is hinting at something that rightly would be capitalized. I believe that there is a literal reason for the capital B. "Do it the write way", he said.

And because of the real name of the thing/place he is referring to is what it is, the little girl in India would not be able to discern it from the book and a map alone...

However, I do believe, as you said, that the home of Brown is Forrest's, it's his, but of course not his alone. As Forrest tells it in his stories, those places were special and often private to him, but there have been and continue to be many others that have since discovered and continue to discover those places for themselves anew.

"People continue to go there."

I can keep my secret where warm waters halt

From home of Brown it's no place for the meek,

Take it in the poem down,
Halogetter
05-09-2020, 12:34 AM,
I agree it is no longer only his as others know the place and continue to go there. It definitely is what it is.
05-09-2020, 01:19 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-09-2020, 01:20 AM by easternOHsteve.)
(05-08-2020, 09:37 PM)5GIRLS Wrote: EOS, very good sir. Good to see we aren't alone. Yet you do actually put in below the hoB, geographically and in poem. Find where to start is significant.

Yes, definitely put in is just slightly, tiny bit not quite under. It is definitely below though (southwise). Notice under and below are two different words?
just saying ss

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brown Trout / Home of Brown Windy City 31 25,921 10-07-2017, 09:35 PM
Last Post: OjoDude
  Rebels ideas on Brown and the Home of Brown Rebel 9 4,352 10-07-2017, 09:01 PM
  Brown trout and the home of Brown Indy 6 5,802 10-07-2017, 08:39 PM