Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gunga Din (poem by Rudyard Kipling)
05-09-2020, 09:44 PM,
This poem can be found online. It's pretty famous.

Please read the poem and think about it. If it brings a tear to your eye,
then maybe you are ready for the chase.
05-10-2020, 12:01 AM,
Why is this in general discussion? Not interested in random poetry.
05-10-2020, 02:49 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-11-2020, 10:03 PM by legacyhelper.)
RE: Gunga Din (poem by Rudyard Kipling)
(05-10-2020, 12:01 AM)crazyfamily Wrote: Why is this in general discussion? Not interested in random poetry.

Some "Why" questions are not easy to suitably answer, but I'll try to give my thought(s) about this. People do things "because they can."

This reminds me of an old answer someone (possibly Sir Edmund Hillary?) gave when asked why would someone want to climb Mt.
Everest. The given answer: "Because it's there."

I'm self-quarantining, and not yet ready to go on my next search trip in
pursuit of another experience "beating the bush" while seeking the trove. So I (like many others, I tink) am trying to stay occupied while somewhat socially connected to people.

It looks to me like the OPs message (about Gunga Din) had a tiny hint
related to where the treasure is. Maybe as a bit of a tease that might
be seen and recognized only by those with a pretty good (or better)
solve.

By the way, I don't imagine poetry is "random" to the poet creating it.
You may consider anything you want as being random.
05-10-2020, 05:02 PM,
(05-10-2020, 12:01 AM)crazyfamily Wrote: Why is this in general discussion? Not interested in random poetry.

Author Rudyard Kipling, touring the park in 1889, exclaimed, "We heard the roar of the river, and the road went around a corner . . . Then my stomach departed from me . . . for we left the dirt, which was at least some guarantee of safety, and sailed out around the curve, and up to a steep incline, on a plank-road built out from the cliff . . . That was the Golden Gate." -- Yellowstone National Park
05-10-2020, 05:35 PM,
(05-10-2020, 05:02 PM)Beavertooth Wrote:

Author Rudyard Kipling, touring the park in 1889, exclaimed, "We heard the roar of the river, and the road went around a corner . . . Then my stomach departed from me . . . for we left the dirt, which was at least some guarantee of safety, and sailed out around the curve, and up to a steep incline, on a plank-road built out from the cliff . . . That was the Golden Gate." -- Yellowstone National Park

Nice.

You've volunteered for a difficult and thankless job Mr. Beavertooth - distinguishing musings apropos of nothing from the potentially relevant.

So Thanks for that.
05-11-2020, 03:15 PM,
Maybe not thankless then.

Before today, I didn't know that Kipling ever visited Yellowstone National Park. I'm not searching there.
05-11-2020, 06:08 PM,
You can find an entertaining story about when Rudyard visited with Yankee Jim on the way into the park.

https://mtstandard.com/news/archives/whe...fc439.html
05-11-2020, 10:42 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-11-2020, 10:44 PM by Beavertooth.)
(05-11-2020, 06:08 PM)muset Wrote: You can find an entertaining story about when Rudyard visited with Yankee Jim on the way into the park.

Great story.

Thanks.

(05-10-2020, 05:35 PM)davidkindc Wrote:

Nice.

You've volunteered for a difficult and thankless job Mr. Beavertooth - distinguishing musings apropos of nothing from the potentially relevant.

So Thanks for that.

I appreciate your "kind" remarks.

Plus, I like being ironic from time to time. It helps my teeth. Smile
05-11-2020, 10:59 PM,
(05-11-2020, 10:42 PM)Beavertooth Wrote:
(05-11-2020, 06:08 PM)muset Wrote: You can find an entertaining story about when Rudyard visited with Yankee Jim on the way into the park.

Great story.

Thanks.

(05-10-2020, 05:35 PM)davidkindc Wrote:

Nice.

So Thanks for that.

I appreciate your "kind" remarks.

Plus, I like being ironic from time to time. It helps my teeth. Smile

I don't figure it's highly important to say anything about a knash/rambler, but thot you might remember the song "Beep Beep".
05-11-2020, 11:14 PM,
(05-11-2020, 10:59 PM)wildfuntear Wrote: I don't figure it's highly important to say anything about a knash/rambler, but thot you might remember the song "Beep Beep".

Classic song.

Right now I can't get my own car beyond second gear, but a remanufactured transmission is on the way. Smile

Not sure of the point you are trying to make. I don't knash my teeth.