Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Within "a few steps" of the treasure . . .
05-20-2020, 01:32 PM,
RE: Within "a few steps" of the treasure . . .
(05-12-2020, 10:05 PM)Beavertooth Wrote: There was a mention of the book and movie titled "The 39 Steps" in the forum. The movie was directed by Alfred Hitchcock. It was loosely based on the book by John Buchan. There was a connection to the chase, which escapes me at the moment.

OP suggested a "black(ish) flat stone to look under". The Black Stone was a circle of spies in the original 39 Steps, which also features a simple alphabet cipher.
05-25-2020, 02:18 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-25-2020, 02:24 AM by legacyhelper.)
Thank you for this information. It seems pretty specific, compared to widely-known general knowlege, so
I won't worry about the importance in solving the poem and finding the trove. And I'm not going to lose any sleep using a cypher or code to help
find the hidey place.

I just remembered something that may relate to a good solve. Forrest's BB gun (air rifle) was a Daisy, right?
And he prayed for D's, he said. Not a biggie, but may serve as a small bit of confirmation that one is in
the right vicinity for BOTG searching. And please don't get me started about Daisy details.
05-25-2020, 04:27 PM,
"You'll shoot your eye out!"
just saying ss
05-25-2020, 06:39 PM,
The Red Ryder model was the favorite. The comic strip was drawn by Fred Harman; he lived & has a museum in Pagosa Springs. FWIW
05-26-2020, 03:03 AM,
@old drum
Fred Harman is the anchor; you now need to associate with geographical location. I see you did that but???
just saying ss
Yesterday, 12:46 AM,
(05-26-2020, 03:03 AM)easternOHsteve Wrote: @old drum
Fred Harman is the anchor; you now need to associate with geographical location. I see you did that but???

It's near Treasure Falls. I didn't look that up in my Funk & Wagnalls.
Yesterday, 11:45 AM,
@wildfuntear
I just meant that old drum might want to consider another alternate association to arrive at another location. It is just my opinion though...
just saying ss
Yesterday, 12:09 PM,
Little Beaver may know where the chest is! Smile
8 hours ago,
@Beavertooth
The Republic Picture's first of a series (1940), or maybe first of another series, may be pertinent to Red Ryder. Little Beaver was Robert Blake at one time; I don't think that will help, or does it?
just saying ss

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First steps Golddustpeak 15 8,074 10-26-2016, 12:29 PM
Last Post: RahRah
  Ricky's six basic steps will197532 12 7,198 01-09-2016, 12:01 PM
Last Post: Mindy