Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh the irony of the chase - Top Secret redeemed
06-08-2020, 02:06 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-08-2020, 02:39 PM by Top Secret.)
My my, what a few years does to people's opinions. Yes, just a couple of years ago, I was the rock star of the chase, hated by all, but followed like no other. I had the searchers in the palm of my hand as they tossed beer cans at me from the peanut gallery. Why, because I challenged their great Fenn God. (takes bow - thank you)

I suggested that there might not be a Santa Fe Claus, that maybe the chest was a lure to attract the gullible sexy fish. That this whole thing could be a hoax. Most all of the searchers screamed that I was in contempt of Fenn law (Anon Anon I am talking to you!).

Then reality sank in, searcher's found out that the great Santa Fe Claus only showed up at one searcher's house and all their dreams have been snuffed out. Now they stand in great numbers where I once was, screaming fraud, "we have been cheated," hoax, "Fenn you owe us"

Yet Ole Top Secret, the calm level head that he is, now seems to be the one defending Fenn.

There is no magic to this, as this is all played out from the treasure hunter play book. Now the searchers will have to go through the 5 stages of searcher's grief.
1) Shock - early congratulations, crying
2) Denial - need to see proof before I give up my solve, I am still going to search, no proof the treasure has been found
3) Anger - we have been used, Fenn owe's us, crucify him and sue the finder. The finder hacked my computer, it was a fix, hoax, etc.
4) Depression - withdrawal, unmentionables (use your imagination) as they reflect on the great waste of time and pain they caused their family as their dream is snuffed out.
5) Acceptance - seeker finally admits they were a dumb tool to waste so much time, destroying family, wasting money and find a way to move on.

Yup, Top Secret has this nailed, this time I will receive the bottle toss from the other side of the fence, as I take one last bow. Move on through the searchers grief stages at your own pace, it is natural, reach out to Admin as she offered, you will get over it, keep your head up.
06-08-2020, 02:28 PM,
RE: Oh the irony of the chase - Top Secret redeemed
(06-08-2020, 02:06 PM)Top Secret Wrote: Yup, Top Secret has this nailed, this time I will receive the bottle toss from the other side of the fence, as I take one last bow. Move on through the searchers grief stages at your own pace, it is natural, reach out to Admin as she offered, you will get over it, keep your head up.

Like a phoenix rising from the ashes, Top Secret looks for the adulation and admiration he thinks he deserves.

It is hard to keep your head up, however, when you are doubled over laughing!
Smile
06-08-2020, 02:29 PM,
(06-08-2020, 02:28 PM)Beavertooth Wrote:
(06-08-2020, 02:06 PM)Top Secret Wrote: Yup, Top Secret has this nailed, this time I will receive the bottle toss from the other side of the fence, as I take one last bow. Move on through the searchers grief stages at your own pace, it is natural, reach out to Admin as she offered, you will get over it, keep your head up.

Like a phoenix rising from the ashes, Top Secret looks for the adulation and admiration he thinks he deserves.

It is hard to keep your head up, however, when you are doubled over laughing!
Smile

There you go, that is the spirit. Glad I could help! I think I might open up my own therapy practice.
06-08-2020, 02:47 PM,
By the way, I'm the only one who is allowed irony -- it's in my teeth, and why they are colored orange and are so durable.

Smile
06-08-2020, 03:26 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-08-2020, 03:27 PM by Chris Yates.)
so basically you said the chase was a hoax and now its known you are wrong, but you cant just admit it?

typical

you and stephanie and mindy made chasechat look bad with your talk of hoaxes

you all should own it
06-08-2020, 03:29 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-08-2020, 03:30 PM by Mindy.)
Lol, I haven’t cried a single tear over the end of the chase! None of those stages of grieving apply to me—It is a little amusing to watch the once Fenn-adoring little piglets squeal (that’s a reference to a quote by Ragnar, the famous Viking, by the way).

I am doing what every searcher should have been doing since day one— staying curious, enjoying life, and stopping to smell every flower along the wonderful and often mysterious path of life.

Life is too precious to grieve over this...this...whatever this is—treasure hunt, booty call, legacy seeking ploy to con the masses, call to nature, or whatever it is in your mind—life is too precious to grieve over it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(06-08-2020, 03:26 PM)Chris Yates Wrote: so basically you said the chase was a hoax and now its known you are wrong, but you cant just admit it?

typical

you all should own it

Chris,
I never said it was a hoax. What I said was that I wasn’t 100% sure the poem led to a physical treasure, but that it possibly led to a metaphorical one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mindy's YouTube Channel and blog:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMAnEYj...UN1I6me_0g

http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com
06-08-2020, 03:38 PM,
(06-08-2020, 03:26 PM)Chris Yates Wrote: so basically you said the chase was a hoax and now its known you are wrong, but you cant just admit it?

typical

you all should own it

Ah poor sour grapes Chrisy. Time to book a session with my new therapy practice. I will get you through the stages of Fenn grief. And was it not Mindy who saved you from desperation in the streets with that fund raiser? My my the irony in that!

Oh BTW, it is about to get worst. Fenn just revealed he is not going to reveal the location and neither is the finder and neither is his identity. Stew on that and then book you appointment... I am open for business! We will get you through this.
06-08-2020, 03:41 PM,

typical

you all should own it

WAIT!! Show me proof it isn't a hoax. It's still just a man saying he did this and that and oh it's been found....no proof at all. I'll give you happily $100 if you can show me something that would prove that it existed as of a couple days ago...that there was a solve that made sense.....and that there's an actual finder.

There is no way you can prove there was a real treasure available to all of us.
© Stephanie
06-08-2020, 03:51 PM,
@Top Secret - You stated: Fenn just revealed he is not going to reveal the location and neither is the finder and neither is his identity.

Where did you get that info?
06-08-2020, 03:57 PM,
Someone just relayed to me there is an article out there stating as such. I am sure it will surface soon if you can't find it

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Top Ten List trueyeti 0 220 10-03-2021, 05:18 PM
Last Post: trueyeti
  Welcome Back Top Secret - we missed you! Top Secret 11 3,492 07-06-2019, 10:45 AM
Last Post: Top Secret
  Top Secret is on a timeout Beavertooth 9 3,076 05-28-2019, 07:11 AM
Last Post: filmguy
  Top 10 decall 4 934 03-02-2017, 10:01 PM
Last Post: decall
Question Irony Umbra 19 12,218 11-03-2016, 10:53 AM
Last Post: Umbra
  Top ten will197532 4 2,109 07-20-2015, 08:46 PM
Last Post: will197532