Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sharing a solution
06-14-2020, 03:03 AM,
Sharing a solution
Hello,

Like so many I was captivated by the search for FF's treasure some years ago. At that time I came up with a location. I made some notes back then which I thought I’d now share here. They can be followed on google maps.

“Begin it where warm waters halt”… the key to the poem and a very literal starting point.
Here “it” is an acronym for Indian Trail (south of Lander, Wyoming). "Begin Indian Trail..". But which end do you start at? “where warm waters halt” indicating the western end where the creeks from Frye (homonym for "fry") Lake and Burnt Gulch end.

We follow Indian Trail south in the canyon down (by car) but “put in below the home of Brown”. Leave the trail and walk along Canyon Creek ascending to higher ground. Here a collection of springs have formed streams which flow north and have, over millennia, carved canyons such as Browns Canyon, which is a short distance away. The “home of Brown” being the location of the springs which form the creeks which have carved Browns Canyon. Canyon Creek leads up to Tige Alder Draw which is “ever drawing nigh” and “in the wood”.

A reference point is a prominent summit a few miles east – Weiser Knoll. Weiser is German for "wise", as in “if you’ve been wise…”

Some searches have been within 500ft of the treasure but that’s refers to those who’ve followed the Little Popo Agie River which is a short distance away but importantly, at a lower altitude.

What is the blaze? A rock or promontory where the sun casts a shadow across the creek. The cover of Too Far to Walk shows a shadow across the water. Mr Fenn said in the Moby Dickens interview that he asked his publisher to add this. He then alluded to this again in the preface in the line “..cast a lonesome shadow across the Madison River”.

Nick
06-14-2020, 09:08 AM,
RE: Sharing a solution
(06-14-2020, 03:03 AM)nick Wrote: Hello,

Like so many I was captivated by the search for FF's treasure some years ago. At that time I came up with a location. I made some notes back then which I thought I’d now share here. They can be followed on google maps.

“Begin it where warm waters halt”… the key to the poem and a very literal starting point.
Here “it” is an acronym for Indian Trail (south of Lander, Wyoming). "Begin Indian Trail..". But which end do you start at? “where warm waters halt” indicating the western end where the creeks from Frye (homonym for "fry") Lake and Burnt Gulch end.

We follow Indian Trail south in the canyon down (by car) but “put in below the home of Brown”. Leave the trail and walk along Canyon Creek ascending to higher ground. Here a collection of springs have formed streams which flow north and have, over millennia, carved canyons such as Browns Canyon, which is a short distance away. The “home of Brown” being the location of the springs which form the creeks which have carved Browns Canyon. Canyon Creek leads up to Tige Alder Draw which is “ever drawing nigh” and “in the wood”.

A reference point is a prominent summit a few miles east – Weiser Knoll. Weiser is German for "wise", as in “if you’ve been wise…”

Some searches have been within 500ft of the treasure but that’s refers to those who’ve followed the Little Popo Agie River which is a short distance away but importantly, at a lower altitude.

What is the blaze? A rock or promontory where the sun casts a shadow across the creek. The cover of Too Far to Walk shows a shadow across the water. Mr Fenn said in the Moby Dickens interview that he asked his publisher to add this. He then alluded to this again in the preface in the line “..cast a lonesome shadow across the Madison River”.

Nick

Well thought out. Did you do any BOTG searches there?
06-14-2020, 06:04 PM,
RE: Sharing a solution
(06-14-2020, 02:55 PM)Andrew Jef Wrote: Looks like only parts of a solve. Where would one BOTG search, based on this?

Only the shadow knows! Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sharing A Solution to Forrest's Poem trueyeti 1 846 07-05-2020, 04:07 PM
Last Post: trueyeti
  Sharing Mindy 3 1,682 04-16-2020, 07:25 PM
Last Post: Mindy
  Info sharing zombiecupkake 0 671 01-08-2019, 12:43 PM
Last Post: zombiecupkake
  Sharing info - trust, deception and cliques DaisyMae 13 11,307 10-11-2015, 07:32 PM
Last Post: DaisyMae