Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Group Problem Solving
06-16-2020, 07:49 AM,
Group Problem Solving
Many people have discussed the idea of solving the poem as a group. I never believed it possible because people have bias and the stronger bias will lead it in the wrong direction and the greed within everyone will reserve their contributions.

Now that everyone are dumping their solves like a wild dog lifts his leg to mark his territory that is down, there should be no holding back. The bias is still very much there.

So the challenge to all of you is can you "group" solve this before Mr. Finder/Fenn decides to tell you where it is?

The reality is, this may never come out or it may be years to make a movie or book worth producing. So if you want to accelerate the process and put the heat on Mr. Finder-Fenn, then solve it before he does. You can be the spoiler.

I doubt you can do it, because the real solve or close to it is likely already out there as a test and y'all didn't recognize it. But many thought they would recognize it if published, so we will see.

I will help you get started with what Fenn said is important.

1) What is the riddle in the poem and what is the answer?
2) What is the story that is important to solving the poem?
3) What does "your" mean in paddle up your creek?
4) Why does Fenn use waters and not water?
5) What is "it?"
6) What is the technique he used to allow the remainder or the clues to become easier?

You fill in the rest, but if you can agree on these, how can you agree on solving the poem? If you want the answer, it is lying right there in front of you, y'all have bits and pieces of the right answer, but you can't let go of the wrong, yet you all are.

My warning to your biggest obstacle is the likely need to be BOTG after clue 2 but you tell me. Challenge is on...
06-16-2020, 07:58 AM,
RE: Group Problem Solving
(06-16-2020, 07:49 AM)Top Secret Wrote: I will help you get started with what Fenn said is important.

5) What is "it?"
6) What is the technique he used to allow the remainder or the clues to become easier?

You fill in the rest, but if you can agree on these, how can you agree on solving the poem? If you want the answer, it is lying right there in front of you, y'all have bits and pieces of the right answer, but you can't let go of the wrong, yet you all are.

My warning to your biggest obstacle is the likely need to be BOTG after clue 2 but you tell me. Challenge is on...

I'll be addressing the questions in my solve thread. "Your" is not important in the up the creek line. The technique he used is that the clues refer to things that are closely related.

You are right, we could get the scoop on whoever they are negotiating with to release the solve. There might be big money involved in those negotiations, while we wait in the dark for them to give us even the tiniest bit of information. I'm fed up, so I am releasing my solve. I would be interested in contributing to a group solve as well if there are holes in my own solution.
06-16-2020, 08:29 AM,
You would first need a group collection of quotes and emails fenn has sent them.
Then categorize in order from big to small "clue"
06-16-2020, 08:47 AM,
(06-16-2020, 08:29 AM)filmguy Wrote: You would first need a group collection of quotes and emails fenn has sent them.
Then categorize in order from big to small "clue"

Well, if we share parts of our solves, then we can figure out what makes the most sense among all the ideas. Then we can work out the holes.

Whoever is getting the exclusive rights to reveal the finder's solve would get scooped.
06-16-2020, 09:06 AM,
What if there was a poll that listed some solves to see which the majority of people believes has the most merit. I can't figure out how to do those polls lol...pretty bad when I admin the site.
© Stephanie
06-16-2020, 02:11 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-16-2020, 03:17 PM by Gravity.)
Regarding "up your creek"

One of my solves was on a metaphorical level. There are many hints that the "person" in the poem is at some point (in history?) in a bad situation.

paddle up your creek:

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/up_the_creek

no place for the meek, end is ever drawing nigh, tarry scant, effort will be worth the cold,....

finally -> brave and in the woods means that you may be out of the woods afterwards:
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/out_of_the_woods

Like the first answer for the first layer of the poem is something like the Titanic, or the Hindenburg, or something that everyone on earth heard about.

Another solve of mine was that there is a riddle regarding time.

For example the most obvious one:

BIWWWH - Niagara Falls only froze in 1848 -> NFBTFTW = time measurement -> PIBTHOB -> HOB is a moment in history and not an actual place (or structure).

Another thing that influenced me was the statement about the little girl from india who could only solve the first two clues.

I would call myself a poem purist, because I don't own any of the books and I didnt care for scrap books or other statements of Fenn. But if you read the forums you come across some of his statements. And that you can only solve two clues from home I somehow believed. But if you believe that the answers to the clues can't be something like this:

Answer clue 1: yellow
Answer clue 2: stone

or

Answer clue 1: Firehole
Answer clue 2: River

It just can't be, because you wouldn't know where exactly to start your BOTG.

if the answers would be something like:

Answer clue 1: Denver
Answer clue 2: Museum

you would know exactly where to start and watch for other clues. This is the reason why I don't believe in anagrams, codes or ciphers, because someone would have found them already.
06-16-2020, 03:05 PM,
It might be possible to do a poll and get some sort of consensus on solve ideas, but people probably won't agree due to the vagueness and so much being personal preference. I had a brainstorm for every line (I bet everyone did this.) So many options even for the minor lines...

As I have gone alone in there

1.He went alone to hide the treasure. (no hidden meaning.)
2. Alone, solitary, singular, one of a kind
3. Alone IN THERE, go one at a time, single file, a passage.
4. ‘Eye’ have gone, wink, one eye, optics.
5.‘I have gone’, disappeared, vanished, to do with absence
6. Clumsy wording so an anagram
7. Something else

hmm...
06-16-2020, 03:24 PM,
I think you forgot one major possibility. The "tenses". Sorry english is not my first language and I don't know how to call it. But I think that it is very important that for example this sentence is in past tense and others are in present tense or future tense, and so on....
06-16-2020, 07:04 PM,
(06-16-2020, 03:05 PM)tootingjo Wrote: It might be possible to do a poll and get some sort of consensus on solve ideas, but people probably won't agree due to the vagueness and so much being personal preference. I had a brainstorm for every line (I bet everyone did this.) So many options even for the minor lines...

As I have gone alone in there

4. ‘Eye’ have gone, wink, one eye, optics.
5.‘I have gone’, disappeared, vanished, to do with absence

hmm...

I think the key phrase is "As I have gone".

If you leave out the As, you miss out on the correct meaning.
06-16-2020, 09:14 PM,
Top Secret-

I'd like to play your game! Please let me know your thoughts on my answers.

The riddle in the poem is that there is a wizard behind the curtain. Fenn is paid to be on the front line and the hider can be anonymous until the end. Fenn couldn't call off the search, because he's a man of his word and gave the wizard his word that he would see The Chase to the end. The current delay is because the Finder did not see the wizard twist and this adds a new layer of complexity. This is run by two men.

I'm a poem purist, but the stories all lead back to the wizard.

"Your" means nothing, it is meant to make the reader picture themselves in a boat. The creek is shaped like a paddle.

Warm waters halt at an island called Trinidad. Located in the southern Caribbean between the Caribbean Sea and the North Atlantic Ocean. I suspect that he used waters to convey the vast area of open waters versus a spring, lake or river.

5) What is "it?"

There are 2 ways to read the poem. One means your geographically zooming in on a location and the other "it" is a pencil, your solving for a name. Take it in the canyon down is the letter U.

The Home of Brown is where BOTG starts. The rest of the hunt can be done in 10 minutes.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  In trying to solve the problem DoctorJones 0 106 01-13-2022, 03:45 AM
Last Post: DoctorJones
  Bunny's Approach to solving the poem -poll Top Secret 15 7,931 06-07-2020, 02:29 PM
Last Post: easternOHsteve
  Potential clue for solving WWWH. total1ty 5 1,815 05-27-2020, 02:38 PM
Last Post: 5GIRLS
  I am offering my intelligence to help you in solving the clues. mike marcum 31 7,203 10-08-2019, 10:15 PM
Last Post: Beavertooth
  Solving the first two clues filmguy 7 2,634 05-17-2019, 03:34 PM
Last Post: easternOHsteve
  Forrest Said Solving Blaze Puts You How Close? minotaur_moreno 47 26,361 10-01-2017, 08:48 PM
Last Post: Kpro