Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Where are the jewels? Chest is only worth about $500k without them
06-29-2020, 01:40 AM,
RE: Where are the jewels? Chest is only worth about $500k without them
Come on BT, either you are messing with him or being dense. Put on your detective hat. Wait a minute, your solve didn't have an Owl in it. Perhaps you have not been wise after all. I jest of course.

Filmguy says hasta la vista, says an acquaintance of his who is a 'federal official' counseled him to stop posting. Admits he said something he shouldn't have. Typical Chase silliness, and I rolled my eyes when I read it but went to look at his recent posts. One had been self-deleted but its contents were captured in your reply. It's a tad bit scandalous and though obviously a joke, it is a bit over the line and into the realm of libel/slander (never could keep those two sorted out as to which is what). Anyway he requests you delete your comment #16 in this thread.

You are not removing your comment and instead giving him the third degree. Perhaps you are ignorant of his request, again no Owl in your solve...tsk tsk. You dragged us all over Yellowstone and couldn't find a bush or group of rocks that vaguely looked like an Owl in the dawn's early light? Since I know that you are a smart fellow, lack of Owl notwithstanding, it appears you are messing with him and refraining from removing the post out of personal animus. Yes? No?

Just trying to be helpful as always!!!

06-29-2020, 09:18 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-29-2020, 09:37 AM by Beavertooth.)
(06-29-2020, 01:40 AM)knighterrant Wrote: Since I know that you are a smart fellow, lack of Owl notwithstanding, it appears you are messing with him and refraining from removing the post out of personal animus. Yes? No?

No.

Actually, I had overlooked his post until now.. His post was a day later and I had my second eye surgery that day, and couldn't read a damn thing. I spent three hours later that day with a lighted 10-power hand magnifier (to see the keyboard and the screen for many typos) in order to publish a fairly short "end of my solve" just to get it out there. I had a surgical eyepatch over my good eye, and my bad eye can't really read anything easily until it has further retinal surgery.

I was wondering if Forrest had asked him to do it (through Forrest's lawyers) due to the libelous nature of the comments. If I just erased it now, I would not be able to get an answer. Of course, now that I said this, I may not get an honest answer.

It is kind of weird that filmguy only asked me to erase it on behalf of someone else's request, not his own request. I found that curious. Just as curious as WWWH being a weir that's missing a "d". Smile.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

If Forrest wants it erased, I will happily do so. If filmguy himself wants it erased, I will grudgingly do so. But I don't react much to a mysterious federal agent who doesn't want to lose his job for feeding stuff to filmguy.
06-29-2020, 03:53 PM,
BT - A filmguy post is the reason you ended up primary moderator.
06-29-2020, 04:29 PM,
(06-29-2020, 01:40 AM)knighterrant Wrote: Come on BT, either you are messing with him or being dense. Put on your detective hat. Wait a minute, your solve didn't have an Owl in it. Perhaps you have not been wise after all. I jest of course.

Filmguy says hasta la vista, says an acquaintance of his who is a 'federal official' counseled him to stop posting. Admits he said something he shouldn't have. Typical Chase silliness, and I rolled my eyes when I read it but went to look at his recent posts. One had been self-deleted but its contents were captured in your reply. It's a tad bit scandalous and though obviously a joke, it is a bit over the line and into the realm of libel/slander (never could keep those two sorted out as to which is what). Anyway he requests you delete your comment #16 in this thread.

You are not removing your comment and instead giving him the third degree. Perhaps you are ignorant of his request, again no Owl in your solve...tsk tsk. You dragged us all over Yellowstone and couldn't find a bush or group of rocks that vaguely looked like an Owl in the dawn's early light? Since I know that you are a smart fellow, lack of Owl notwithstanding, it appears you are messing with him and refraining from removing the post out of personal animus. Yes? No?

Just trying to be helpful as always!!!

Do owls wink?

Ironically, I think wisdom is associated with an owl not due to the owl's appearance, but instead due to the fact that the owl is relatively silent.
06-29-2020, 11:28 PM,
Hermit Peak, near Las Vegas, New Mexico, is a profile of a mans face. The trail up to the highest peak is through his eye. It is trail #223 (as the 223 in the clouds that Olga shared with us. You know, off 65.) This peak was once called El Cerro del Tecolote, "The Hill Of The Owl" by early Spanish settlers. Look closely you may find the owl. Even closer, the owl in the owls eye. There's also an elephant. But the best is the man with the walking stick. Penitent, f was penitent. IMO

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Endgame $500K Gold Coins Won, Winner Collects astree 3 3,366 10-14-2015, 01:52 PM
Last Post: mdc777