Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Rusty Brown
06-24-2020, 11:08 AM,
Rusty Brown
I still think "Rusty geyser" is the best, home of Brown that I've seen so far. Its way more precise than fish or animals.
In the book when Forrest writes about sliding down the fire eacape and getting rust on his pants, he writes that ppl were starting to notice him. Did he mean ppl at school were noticing him, or did he mean ppl at the hidey spot, the day he hid the treasure were starting to notice him?
06-24-2020, 11:14 AM,
RE: Rusty Brown
(06-24-2020, 11:08 AM)Seeker9 Wrote: I still think "Rusty geyser" is the best, home of Brown that I've seen so far. Its way more precise than fish or animals.
In the book when Forrest writes about sliding down the fire eacape and getting rust on his pants, he writes that ppl were starting to notice him. Did he mean ppl at school were noticing him, or did he mean ppl at the hidey spot, the day he hid the treasure were starting to notice him?
He Seeker why is Brown capitalized in the poem and how does that support Rusty? Just wondering as I am not getting it. I a little slow you know
06-24-2020, 11:20 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-24-2020, 11:21 AM by Seeker9.)
Top, you are stretching my public education level to the max here. If I was riding down the street, and I pointed out the house where Rusty Brown lived, would I capitalize the name? I'm a little bit embarrassed to not know that.
06-24-2020, 11:31 AM,
(06-24-2020, 11:20 AM)Seeker9 Wrote: Top, you are stretching my public education level to the max here. If I was riding down the street, and I pointed out the house where Rusty Brown lived, would I capitalize the name? I'm a little bit embarrassed to not know that.

Hey if the geyser is named after Rusty Brown, then I am a buyer! In fact I might do a James Holzhauer and push all in!
06-24-2020, 11:58 AM,
(06-24-2020, 11:08 AM)Seeker9 Wrote: I still think "Rusty geyser" is the best, home of Brown that I've seen so far. Its way more precise than fish or animals.

I like the much less precise Yellowstone National Park as in "give me a home where Buffalo roam". But that's because my Warm Waters "Halt" and "take IT" in the canyon down (IT is a water pipe) to put into the cistern below Yellowstone. Secondary support is the chapter on Cody the Buffalo, the back of a nickel (a buffalo), the back of Glenna Goodacres' Sacajawea medallion (a buffalo), and the Buffalo Bill Center of the West, where I believe the Fenn treasure will end up. Fenn has been a director there.

"The Buffalo Bill Center of the West in Cody, Wyoming is bigger than you think. Five world-class museums covering the size of five football fields take you back in time to a world of cowboys and cowgirls, Plains Indians, and rugged, untouched landscapes. With five world-class museums under one roof and a wealth of after hours programs and experiences, you’ll create one-of-a-kind memories on your journey through Yellowstone. Plan your visit, grab your tickets, and hold onto your hat — it’s time to saddle up and ride into the Wild West."

I'm hoping they'll pay me for this shameless plug! Smile
06-24-2020, 01:05 PM,
(06-24-2020, 11:58 AM)Beavertooth Wrote:

I like the much less precise Yellowstone National Park as in "give me a home where Buffalo roam". But that's because my Warm Waters "Halt" and "take IT" in the canyon down (IT is a water pipe) to put into the cistern below Yellowstone. Secondary support is the chapter on Cody the Buffalo, the back of a nickel (a buffalo), the back of Glenna Goodacres' Sacajawea medallion (a buffalo), and the Buffalo Bill Center of the West, where I believe the Fenn treasure will end up. Fenn has been a director there.

"The Buffalo Bill Center of the West in Cody, Wyoming is bigger than you think. Five world-class museums covering the size of five football fields take you back in time to a world of cowboys and cowgirls, Plains Indians, and rugged, untouched landscapes. With five world-class museums under one roof and a wealth of after hours programs and experiences, you’ll create one-of-a-kind memories on your journey through Yellowstone. Plan your visit, grab your tickets, and hold onto your hat — it’s time to saddle up and ride into the Wild West."

I spent a few days online looking at the things that Forrest has donated to the museum. I was going to head there to look at two pictures that are available for viewing only upon request. I thought that was odd. At a different location, there is a Vietnam cassette letter that can't be heard online due to copyright protection. You can listen to it If you go there though.

We enjoyed that museum on our 2018 trip.
06-24-2020, 01:36 PM,

Of course you like your home of Brown the best, BT. Everyone likes their own solve theories the best and thats commim knowlege. Im not the one who came up with Rusty Geyser Brown, tho, so im not looking at it like a proud parent. Also, Buffalo don't even exist in Yellowstone....
Im a huffin and a puffin and im gonna blow your house of Brown down.
06-24-2020, 01:48 PM,
(06-24-2020, 01:36 PM)Seeker9 Wrote:

Of course you like your home of Brown the best, BT. Everyone likes their own solve theories the best and thats commim knowlege. Im not the one who came up with Rusty Geyser Brown, tho, so im not looking at it like a proud parent. Also, Buffalo don't even exist in Yellowstone....
Everyone loves their own solves so much, it makes me wonder if it is not best to provide the real solve, No one will accept it anyway, it will just be a big downer to hear a sub-solve was the winner!
06-24-2020, 01:57 PM,
(06-24-2020, 01:36 PM)Seeker9 Wrote: Also, Buffalo don't even exist in Yellowstone....

WTF? What happened to them??!

Was Cody the last one? Were they all made into burgers? That's "Impossible"! This is "Beyond" anything I can imagine!

Smile

P.S. You are correct about pride of authorship. Rusty Geyser is as good or better than most homes of Brown that have been mentioned over the years. I should have said that in my initial post. My bad.
06-24-2020, 02:03 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-24-2020, 03:04 PM by Seeker9.)
(06-24-2020, 01:48 PM)Top Secret Wrote:
(06-24-2020, 01:36 PM)Seeker9 Wrote:

Everyone loves their own solves so much, it makes me wonder if it is not best to provide the real solve, No one will accept it anyway, it will just be a big downer to hear a sub-solve was the winner!
Very true, Top. I've read so many solves the last two weeks that I probably wouldnt recognize the real one if I read it Smile. Im just really curious how everyone interpeted the poem and book. Ugh, I cant seem to put the chase to bed and behind me yet. Really sucks to be honest

(06-24-2020, 01:57 PM)Beavertooth Wrote:
(06-24-2020, 01:36 PM)Seeker9 Wrote: Also, Buffalo don't even exist in Yellowstone....

WTF? What happened to them??!

Was Cody the last one? Were they all made into burgers? That's "Impossible"! This is "Beyond" anything I can imagine!

Smile

P.S. You are correct about pride of authorship. Rusty Geyser is as good or better than most homes of Brown that have been mentioned over the years. I should have said that in my initial post. My bad.
LOL !.. Pretty sure you know they are, Bison, BT. Im just messing with ya Smile... Still patiently waiting to read the rest of your solve.

One thing I like about, Rusty "Brown" Geyser, is that I couldn't find anywhere on Dals forum where someone had made that connection. There were a couple people poking around biscuit basin , but not many posting openly about it. Thats odd to me that something natural, and named Rusty, in a very popular search area, and nobody is talking about it? Not even a little chatter ? Heck I think dead oak leaves got more attention as a plausible Brown. If madison junction was your wwwh and Rusty
Is your Brown, i figured mirror pool would be the obvious destination. Time, reflection, blah blah blah...I have since discovered through my invesitgstion that Rustys owner was headed to the area behind emerald pool. Iron spring creek would definitly be cold, and on satellite view the vegetation back there looks really really lush. What are the chances that could be the final area?

Probably still a better chance it was buried unsder the post office flag pole near madison junction Smile We need details Forrest!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brown Trout / Home of Brown Windy City 31 27,580 10-07-2017, 09:35 PM
Last Post: OjoDude
  Rebels ideas on Brown and the Home of Brown Rebel 9 4,810 10-07-2017, 09:01 PM
  Brown trout and the home of Brown Indy 6 6,182 10-07-2017, 08:39 PM