Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THUSLY. The true WISE and BLAZE
06-27-2020, 08:47 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-27-2020, 09:59 PM by LeadSolver.)
RE: THUSLY.
(06-27-2020, 08:45 PM)knighterrant Wrote: So what are we supposed to be seeing here, I see you have bolded every 5 letters of the poem for counting purposes I guess, but notice already by the second line there are errors as far as not every 5th letter being bolded with the errors causing offsets down the line.

What are the 8 character (bit?) sequences in the column to the right of the poem supposed to be? How are they derived? Is this from applying your 'key' to each line?

Oops, made a mistake on the 5's. Yes, apply to each line A=1 to Z=26
(edited) oh wait! I did not make a single mistake on the 5's. Correction.
06-27-2020, 09:21 PM,
Yea im trying to reverse engineer your little spreadsheet here, I'm not seeing any ciphering going on.

I notice so far every 3rd letter of the 8 character groupings in the end column is the 2nd letter of each poem line but have made little headway other than that. Can you explain exactly what you are doing here? How do you derive the 8 character sequence from each line.

Playing off of what I found so far it appears the first letter of your 8 letter groupings is the 8th letter of the poem line, The second letter of your 8 letter groupings is the 12th letter of each poem line. I'lll continue trying to figure out the mechanics of whats going on here but this does not seem like encryption to me.

Explain further if you can.

06-27-2020, 09:30 PM,
(06-27-2020, 09:21 PM)knighterrant Wrote: Yea im trying to reverse engineer your little spreadsheet here, I'm not seeing any ciphering going on.

I notice so far every 3rd letter of the 8 character groupings in the end column is the 2nd letter of each poem line but have made little headway other than that. Can you explain exactly what you are doing here? How do you derive the 8 character sequence from each line.

Playing off of what I found so far it appears the first letter of your 8 letter groupings is the 8th letter of the poem line, The second letter of your 8 letter groupings is the 12th letter of each poem line. I'lll continue trying to figure out the mechanics of whats going on here but this does not seem like encryption to me.

Explain further if you can.

Ah. You are looking at a plaintext(poem), enciphered key and resulting words. Maybe I'm not putting the terminology correctly for the method. It is the minimum needed to fully understand. "Enumerated" letters of ciphertext go *into* poem. New, very important things populate... from that.
06-27-2020, 09:38 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-27-2020, 09:51 PM by knighterrant.)
I see now how you acquired the groups of characters in the right hand column.

You took the 8th, 12th, 2nd, 14th, 13th, 3rd, 18th, and 11th characters from each poem line which results in the groupings of characters in the far right column. This happens to spell a legible word for the first line and a halfway legible but possible word in the second line; all the rest of the lines show gibberish as results.

This corresponds to the string of characters in the upper right labeled ciphertext key. The string of characters is the 8th, 12th, 2nd, 14th, 13th, 3rd, 18th, and 11th of the alphabet. "Applying the key" to each line seems to be merely taking the characters out of the poem line that correspond to the numerical value of each character in the key.

Again I do not see 'ciphering' here but my experience with cryptography is admittedly merely doing a Cryptogram puzzle once and awhile.

If I am misunderstanding your methods just explain them in simple english, and I will follow the directions.

06-27-2020, 09:43 PM,
(06-27-2020, 09:38 PM)knighterrant Wrote: I see now how you acquired the groups of characters in the right hand column.

You took the 8th, 12th, 2nd, 14th, 13th, 3rd, 18th, and 11th characters from each poem line which results in the groupings of characters in the far right column. This happens to spell a legible word for the first line and a halfway legible but possible word in the second line; all the rest of the lines show gibberish as results.

If I am misunderstanding your methods just explain them in simple english, and I will follow the directions.

Behold, the true blaze and wise: GASOLINE and MENSA. Gibberish is hardly a good critique.
06-27-2020, 10:00 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-27-2020, 10:03 PM by knighterrant.)
(06-27-2020, 09:43 PM)LeadSolver Wrote:
(06-27-2020, 09:38 PM)knighterrant Wrote: I see now how you acquired the groups of characters in the right hand column.

Behold, the true blaze and wise: GASOLINE and MENSA. Gibberish is hardly a good critique.

I've held fire on you up until this point as a matter of polity. But the truth is it is more likely that the most inept and amateurish anagrammer could convince me they were onto something vice this junk.

No ciphering is going on here. You picked letters out of one line to produce a legible result - GASOLINE which you take as a blaze. Ok, fine. The same method on line 2 produces MENSADSR which you take the answer to be MENSA...and wise. OK, the answer isn't mensa...its MENSADSR but I will stipulate to you for sake of argument.

The rest of the results for applying this same method to the balance of the poem lines consist of PECRCAHS, OCNEHDWI, WEEAWGAR....etc. I really don't think I need to continue. They are all meaningless gibberish.

That's the long and short of it, nothing to see here. You've made a bold claim about your solve and produced something not even worthy of inclusion into the Fenn failure box. Get angry as you will, but the community is not going to beat a path to your door based on this garbage.

If there is truly something here, then you need to explain it and show it. I see nothing but pure divination of a word 'Gasoline' that happens to be spelled by the letters contained within the first line of the poem.

Again, it was not my intention to be rude or to demean you. But I will not hold back from stating the truth of what I see here for the sake of your feelings.

06-27-2020, 10:04 PM,
Dude. I will not even be moved. There's a reason you don't have the rest. I'm hiding it.
And I gave the most excellent thing. If you want more- that is to be expected.
06-27-2020, 10:09 PM,
(06-27-2020, 09:43 PM)LeadSolver Wrote:

I'll give you a good critique. Besides the upfront vulgarity and offensiveness, your solve method is about the worst solve I've seen so far. Gibberish is being kind. Forrest said it was straightforward....your solve is more like crooked backwards. There is no solve in this solve.
06-27-2020, 10:12 PM,
Look at the violent opposition to the double helix spinning in midair aethers. Does the helix care? I ask you
06-28-2020, 06:16 AM,
RE: THUSLY. The true WISE and BLAZE
As someone familiar with mensa, I can assure you that intelligence does not necessarily equate to wisdom!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If you've been wise and found the Blaze, Look quickly down your quest to cease. Viper1959 19 7,127 04-04-2020, 12:13 AM
Last Post: Beavertooth
  If you have been wise and found the blaze...?? Gordon Lightfoot 11 6,424 10-29-2018, 08:30 AM
Last Post: 5GIRLS
  If you've been wise and found the blaze FollowMeDown 6 3,666 07-02-2017, 06:38 PM
Last Post: 5GIRLS