Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How much have you spent
06-30-2020, 09:54 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-30-2020, 10:10 AM by Beavertooth.)
RE: How much have you spent
(06-29-2020, 03:48 PM)knighterrant Wrote: Motel 8, Motel 6, Motel 3.14..etc.

LOL

I will cherish the memory of Motel 3.14!

Thanks for bringing a smile to my face.!

(06-28-2020, 09:36 AM)admin Wrote: Let's say minimum wage is NM's $7.50 an hour.

Minimum wage?!?

My therapist is charging me $150 an hour just to ease the suffering I have endured as a moderator of this happy family. She estimates that I will need at least 3 sessions a week, for a minimum of two years. That's $45,000 right there. I've been meaning to ask, what insurance plan are we moderators covered by?

And other members of my team are beginning to grumble about being "reimbursed" for their time. How much does a Harvard MBA and a PhD earn these days? Probably at least $100 an hour since they are somewhat elderly in their careers. Fortunately they spent no time researching and no time on the forums, and didn't even read TTOTC (what kind of searchers do that?). I think they just went on the trips to see the sights. So to heck with their $100 an hour!

Smile
06-30-2020, 12:08 PM,
(06-30-2020, 09:54 AM)Beavertooth Wrote:

LOL

(06-28-2020, 09:36 AM)admin Wrote: Let's say minimum wage is NM's $7.50 an hour.

Minimum wage?!?

My therapist is charging me $150 an hour just to ease the suffering I have endured as a moderator of this happy family. She estimates that I will need at least 3 sessions a week, for a minimum of two years. That's $45,000 right there. I've been meaning to ask, what insurance plan are we moderators covered by?

Hahaha...Babysitting is a tough job!
06-30-2020, 02:39 PM,

LOL

Minimum wage?!?

And other members of my team are beginning to grumble about being "reimbursed" for their time. How much does a Harvard MBA and a PhD earn these days? Probably at least $100 an hour since they are somewhat elderly in their careers. Fortunately they spent no time researching and no time on the forums, and didn't even read TTOTC (what kind of searchers do that?). I think they just went on the trips to see the sights. So to heck with their $100 an hour!

Smile

LOL too funny. I think you should be able to get medicaid and low income housing for what you make as a mod lol..
© Stephanie
06-30-2020, 03:00 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-30-2020, 03:01 PM by Top Secret.)

LOL

Minimum wage?!?

Smile
Hey wait to you find out I am on your therapist's payroll. Drumming up work is what I do for my employer!
06-30-2020, 03:36 PM,
(06-30-2020, 03:00 PM)Top Secret Wrote:

LOL

Minimum wage?!?

Smile
Hey wait to you find out I am on your therapist's payroll. Drumming up work is what I do for my employer!

Suspicions confirmed! A fifth columnist if I ever saw one. Smile
06-30-2020, 04:56 PM,
$5,000 for 5 BOTG, not counting the hundreds hours of researching. After the 5th and last trip in 2014 I stopped searching and was waiting for Fenn to give out more clues before searching for that needle in the haystack. Saved the hundred of thousands and bought my own treasure a 4 acre Pecos river frontage property in Pecos NM.
06-30-2020, 05:01 PM,
(06-30-2020, 04:56 PM)Tim Nobody Wrote: $5,000 for 5 BOTG, not counting the hundreds hours of researching. After the 5th and last trip in 2014 I stopped searching and was waiting for Fenn to give out more clues before searching for that needle in the haystack. Saved the hundred of thousands and bought my own treasure a 4 acre Pecos river frontage property in Pecos NM.

Sounds like you're a winner!
06-30-2020, 05:21 PM,
(06-30-2020, 05:01 PM)old drum Wrote:
(06-30-2020, 04:56 PM)Tim Nobody Wrote: $5,000 for 5 BOTG, not counting the hundreds hours of researching. After the 5th and last trip in 2014 I stopped searching and was waiting for Fenn to give out more clues before searching for that needle in the haystack. Saved the hundred of thousands and bought my own treasure a 4 acre Pecos river frontage property in Pecos NM.

Sounds like you're a winner!

If I had not learned to grab all the bananas I would have not probably bought river property but it was one thing I did learn from the chase. BTW the property is next to Kathy Old Barnes, David Olds sister and was stunned to learn that when I first met her about 2 weeks ago. She only sees Forrest during the winter holidays when Zoe cooks for all the In Laws.
06-30-2020, 07:17 PM,
(06-30-2020, 05:21 PM)Tim Nobody Wrote: If I had not learned to grab all the bananas I would have not probably bought river property but it was one thing I did learn from the chase. BTW the property is next to Kathy Old Barnes, David Olds sister and was stunned to learn that when I first met her about 2 weeks ago. She only sees Forrest during the winter holidays when Zoe cooks for all the In Laws.

I'm curious as to how you found out she was related. Did you identify yourself as a Fenn searcher? Or did you have a yardsale and she spotted TTOTC on the "freebie" table?

Smile
07-01-2020, 12:50 AM,
(06-30-2020, 07:17 PM)Beavertooth Wrote:
(06-30-2020, 05:21 PM)Tim Nobody Wrote: If I had not learned to grab all the bananas I would have not probably bought river property but it was one thing I did learn from the chase. BTW the property is next to Kathy Old Barnes, David Olds sister and was stunned to learn that when I first met her about 2 weeks ago. She only sees Forrest during the winter holidays when Zoe cooks for all the In Laws.

I'm curious as to how you found out she was related. Did you identify yourself as a Fenn searcher? Or did you have a yardsale and she spotted TTOTC on the "freebie" table?

Smile

After purchasing the property I went to meet the adjoining neighbors and sat with her and her husband at their Pecos cabin and during our introductions she said her maiden name was Old and I asked her if she was related to David Old the owner of Old Wood and she said that was her brother. I then said I had meet Forrest a few times and knew that Zoe was married to David. I told them what I thought of Forrest (nothing bad but I had mixed feelings for him) and that my blog name was Nobody like just the opposite of Forrest wanted to be somebody and wanting to be well known and that I did not need to be anybody. We talked about the Chase a few minutes then moved on to the history of my property and ownership of properties in the Pecos canyon. Turns out that she used to own the property years ago before selling it o someone else whom then passed it in on to their sons from whom I then purchased it from. Just strange how the Chase turned out for me and I was like 3 degrees from Forrest. I had no idea that she was going to be my neighbor. BTW Pecos NM is 15 minutes East of Santa Fe not North of Santa Fe. The whole story of me purchasing this river front property was due to Rabbits showing up everywhere I went just before a made the purchase agreement otherwise without Rabbits which played a huge role in my chase adventures and some solves I would have never bought the property in the Pecos. Been a weird turn of events every since I started the chase 10 years ago and seems to always turn to rabbits. The property is now called Rabbit Run.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Forrest “spent lots of time (there)” astree 9 3,099 08-02-2018, 09:11 PM
Last Post: Becky from WV
  Does time spent make a difference? Shadetree 2 1,589 09-09-2017, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Shadetree
  The calendar says 3 weeks of my life has been spent here on this blog... :) Gordon Lightfoot 4 1,846 05-11-2017, 07:57 PM
Last Post: 5GIRLS
  Spent Chris 10 3,247 10-17-2014, 07:22 PM
Last Post: boomergirl