Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Picture of treasure chest and a bale of hay
06-29-2020, 10:14 AM,
RE: Picture of treasure chest and a bale of hay
(06-29-2020, 10:00 AM)jurassic Wrote: So someone is a terrorist or whatever...just don't post pictures because we can patch Artificial Intelligence to scan through the servers and look for that bad guys image fingerprint. Even if the bad guy destroys the phone, anyone he's ever sent any picture to that didn't delete it or it ended up in the cloud...facebook etc would be found. We will always be able to tell whos phone took what picture. It's almost like someone took your fingerprints and posted it out on the web. Oh? Didn't post the picture or have cloud sync? That's ok. Peoples devices can be scanned through remotely. It has happened. It does happen. Read about Snowden.

Which is why I never post anything. Because I am the worst! Now I am kidding but everything I am saying is true.

Can they find me if I'm already in the witness protection program?!!

Oh, crap.

My buddy Snowden never tells me anything. Sad
06-29-2020, 10:44 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-29-2020, 10:59 AM by trueyeti.)
To add to what you are saying:

The find is real but the photo is staged by the Riddler (trickster) aka F.

My dad told me not to believe everything that you read and only half of what you see. And there is the antidote to the trickster.

The trickster aspect alluded to in the "haystack" story demonstrates how the human mind is susceptible to manipulation and also shows how it is vulnerable to confusion and uncertainty.

You know...the trickster makes valid the saying "can't see the forest for the trees," and he takes the mind a wandering down the rabbit holes....or haystacks.

The manipulation (staged photo) is subterfuge. The photo is staged and is a rouse. Indulgence is real but the photo is staged. Believe it or not. But if you do believe the photo and what it says, then your fate is already sealed...pinyon. Ha! Pine, Ha! Don't let the sticky sap get on you and make you stuck..hahaha

Or else the misdirection of the trickster has succeeded.

Remain open instead.

Great post by the way.

One more thing:

Ronnie James Dio (80's rock icon) sang the following words in the song "Heaven and Hell"

"The closer you get to the meaning, the sooner you'll see that you're dreaming"

and also:

"If it seems to be real it's illusion, for every moment of truth, there's confusion in life."
06-29-2020, 11:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-29-2020, 11:09 AM by 49 Dollers.)
(06-29-2020, 10:00 AM)jurassic Wrote:
(06-29-2020, 01:24 AM)knighterrant Wrote: Jurassic, I'm pretty sure you have some theories about what the stick is for; I'd rather see you just expound on them than just trying and generate a discussion.

Maybe the stick is the bale of hay from your analogy, the thing that is there to serve as a distraction. There's certainly some discussion about the chest picture; I read OH is having a forensic analysis done and feels there was some heavy photo-shopping going on for reasons unknown. Personally, I find the rusted out key suspicious and I have brought it up before but no one wishes to discuss it.

On a more fantastical note, maybe Geydelkon really found the chest all those years ago and tossed a twig inside to show he was the first; then just walked away to spend the rest of the Chase mumbling about tales of an Indian Scout and a Saint.

I was surprised to find twig is a verb and means: appreciate, apprehend, assimilate, behold, catch, catch on (to), cognize, compass, comprehend, conceive, cotton (to or on to), decipher, decode, dig, discern, get, grasp, grok, intuit, know, make, make out, perceive, recognize, register, savvy, see, seize, sense, tumble (to), understand

Maybe someone tossed it in the box for this reason. It's a chiefly British definition, and I'm not sure many Americans would recognize this meaning. I can only speak for myself, I didn't.

My monies on Shy-lo gOld. And that's not really true, I just wanted to type Shy-lo; it just rolls off the tongue.

Ahhhh. I am so glad you mentioned photo-shopped. Even pictures from the old days can be analyzed and in many cases determined to be hoax. On the FF treasure, I dont get the feeling anyone has been bothered with photoshoping the picture because really, anyone could have taken that picture anywhere without any reason to pay a professional to do that. And a professional would have to that because there are a lot of elements on the page...like grasses, needles, sand...etc. Got to get shading, CMYK/RGB and contrast factoring right. Painful work.

On the picture, we should be looking at what items are shown. The color of the dirt. The time of day. It might be possible to take reflections off the zip lock bags as well. But the odd thing about those pictures is that they don't make sense and have been tampered with. Not implying the sort of tampering where they are adding or modifying elements in the image, but trimming and transformations.

Transformations:
A transformation is when you get the image from the original source, and then it is opened in say, Microsoft pbrush or MS Picture editor and saved as a different format. A guy could have also took a screenshot and saved the screenshot to clear metadata from the image, and then saved the screenshot as the image.

Look at the images again...lets review the weird aspects:
None of them are the same format. So they don't share the same device. But not even 2 pictures taken from the same scene share the same properties.

Take a look:
image003.png
image004.jpg
Treasure-Photo-.jpeg

Look at that. We trust Dal's site to be the original source, so we assumed it's not tampered with. But none of the file extensions are the same.

You know what isn't the same?
The resolutions:
image003.png 1260x1664
image004.jpg 1261x1681
Treasure-Photo-.jpeg 499x549

That's strange. On a mobile device, file types and resolutions don't typically change.

File size problems:
image003.png 4,026kb
image004.jpg 258kb
Treasure-Photo-.jpeg 106kb

image004.jpg and Treasure-Photo-.jpeg resolutions are nearly the same, but image003 is 15 times larger than image004

Image metadata:
Another mystery.
Image003 has "microsoft office" under the software tag. So the transformation did happen.

Also, image003...the only know location photo...had it's metadata deliberately wiped. Unfortunately for them it wasn't completely wiped and I am reviewing those clues now.

Image004 - Also wiped on 004 but I was still able to extract. No microsoft office tags detected.

Now the hard work begins. You see the universe is infinitely complex. And all of the camera platforms; Apple, Android, WinMO... all have a standard that has to be followed.

The actual camera sensors...have fingerprints...or algorithms only a certain model will produce. And even an iPhone 8 from 2017 will be slightly different than iPhone 2018. The reason for this is because the compression is different...the nm (nanometers) from the contrast exposure is different because we can take the full range of 300nm to 900nm and put it into a small file. Even 400nm to 500 nm would produce huge file types.

So what a company or standard will do so we can make digital pictures is take ranges and convert up or down some ranges that aren't used. Like 500nm~520, then 560~565... and this is done everywhere in the standard/operating system/sensor WHICH ALWAYS PRODUCES a FINGERPRINT.

What am I saying?

With enough sleuth work we can not only tell what took the picture, (iphone, android, winmo, digital camera) we can also tell what operating system made the photo, and we can also tell specifically...what PERSONS MOBILE PHONE TOOK THE PICTURE AS WELL.

Are you with me? Do you understand what I am saying?

I am saying if 2 people take a picture and somehow got exactly the same picture (which is difficult) we can tell which individuals phone or digital camera took the picture.

So someone is a terrorist or whatever...just don't post pictures because we can patch Artificial Intelligence to scan through the servers and look for that bad guys image fingerprint. Even if the bad guy destroys the phone, anyone he's ever sent any picture to that didn't delete it or it ended up in the cloud...facebook etc would be found. We will always be able to tell whos phone took what picture. It's almost like someone took your fingerprints and posted it out on the web. Oh? Didn't post the picture or have cloud sync? That's ok. Peoples devices can be scanned through remotely. It has happened. It does happen. Read about Snowden.

Which is why I never post anything. Because I am the worst! Now I am kidding but everything I am saying is true.

Great write-up , sounds like you know a bit about the digital world, keep us updated. I think the best reflection is off the little vial of coins, I believe on the right side of the vial towards the top you can see a rectangle shadow which could possibly be the phone that took the picture.

If your having problems seeing the rectangle it's across from the "of" on the coin right near the cap. I had the image enhanced to see more details.
06-29-2020, 11:09 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-29-2020, 11:11 AM by LeadSolver.)
trueyeti: it's got to be a metalhead that solved and/or found the chest!
As far as photo forensics: the falsing rate is too high in photos transferred into other workshops (Word etc.) all there'd really be is info critical to place/Google/user (phones) or date/time (cameras).
06-29-2020, 11:42 AM,
Hahaha..good one LeadSolver. It is possible that photo forensics may disclose the location where the photo was taken. May fortune favor the folks doing that work! I'm only stating the obvious, but it is worth stating.

But even so...to say that the location where the picture was taken is where Indulgence was discovered is still another thing altogether. After all, we were told that the photo was taken shortly after Indulgence was found and it leads us to believe that the photo was taken next to the hidey hole. I say don't believe that line of belief. I know we get this...

Well, how short is shortly (taken shortly after)? And was the photo taken at the hidey spot or somewhere else altogether?

Hey if the photo location is proved and a solve fits, then we will wear it. Until then, we have neither one, nor the other and I choose not to wear it.

Them thare shoes aint fittin at all

Peace
06-29-2020, 03:48 PM,
Yes clear..like Scientologists go "Clear"

I-Like-it-a-lot. Right on Dudeski. I'm working on posting my solve keep an eye out for it soon...later mate.

Sitting on a bale of hay having a bruski...need to talk about the hay...ya know?
06-29-2020, 04:01 PM,
(06-29-2020, 06:17 AM)TwoCrows Wrote: Fenn has always been good at distracting people away from the topic at hand, trying to keep them baffled at all times. Why he did not remove the stick before taking this photo we may never know. But perhaps leaving it there in the photo was a way of drawing our attention away knowing we would all question the stick, start threads on it and develop conspiracies about it, meanwhile stopping all the Forrest bashing on how he fooled us all.

I don't consider myself fooled by Forrest. Cheers.
06-29-2020, 04:31 PM,
'I trusted f enough to search for his treasure.' 'I trust him enough to believe that someone found the treasure.' What I am not convinced of is that THIS searcher used his own material taken from his own head, taken out of TTOTC. f said that, but did he hear ALL of it, or just bits and pieces? Was the trickster tricked?
07-02-2020, 03:47 PM,
Make no mistake about it I trust FF. I believe FF and that's never going to change. I state that because it appeals to my experiences, rationale, facts, and research. I stayed at the Luxx Boutique in S.Fe and the gentlemen managing the place was very confident about him. People in a small town like that know each other and have known each other for years. There was a guy at the Hotel Chimayo who said he worked for FF who, at the time I was there in October 2016, was a bar tender...and he was very adamant that FF was the real deal. There was a blonde girl there at the same bar yelling at me saying he was a fraud. But that was very emotional and I think she just had too many drinks.

I know he buried this thing. The problem is for me is that the result is causing some family problems because I lead a person on this journey and they may think I have the TC and I think that they have the TC. Or they told someone and they got it. It's all up in the air. We don't speak very often anymore I think...because of it.

We all need to keep in mind what's happened.

A good guy like FF shares this gift, and the world is excited. But some searchers are bad, some are good, some are DEAD, and some are even selfless. Some, as I understand it, were trying to use the forums to mine solutions from the members. I dont state that as fact, just what I heard...or in this case read.

I believe it would be hard for anyone to navigate these waters...these waters of 'best intentions.' You have people all over the place giving praise...and some saying horrible things. And here's what we need to consider, if we say someone has done horrible things we need to be set to prove this case. I don't know why anyone would be bothered with saying these things because they're ridiculous. Especially in todays SJW! movement. I feel stupid even bringing it up.

I believe, and I understand it may not convince you...but I believe:
1) a chest was put out there in the rockies
2) a poem was created which was a map
3) the opportunity was made available to the public at large to participate

Now I came out with my own theories based on the finder. I even said I thought Shiloh could've picked this thing up. But I said these things not to be spiteful but because I am going over logical considerations for answers. When looking for a solution to a problem, I don't wrestle with ethics, political correctness, what an expectation is, what a paradigm can be, or none of that. I just say X,Y, & Z is possible and then I go to work crossing off the possibilities with facts until I land on the answer. I will always work until I find the answer. I am just super busy right now working on something but my time will free up.

From only my perspective, no arrogance intended...I am mostly concerned with what role I played with the outcome of this TC hunt. I need answers
07-03-2020, 01:27 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-03-2020, 01:39 AM by Andrew Jef.)
(06-29-2020, 08:58 AM)Beavertooth Wrote: Maybe he thought the twig would bring a smile to the finder, and imply a greater treasure is the great outdoors. Or maybe it is there to confirm he is crazy like a fox. His sister did have a fox fur coat, after all.

Smile

Where is any enjoyment or benefit for searchers in confirmation that Fenn
is crazy like a fox?

(06-29-2020, 10:00 AM)jurassic Wrote:
(06-29-2020, 01:24 AM)knighterrant Wrote: Jurassic, I'm pretty sure you have some theories about what the stick is for; I'd rather see you just expound on them than just trying and generate a discussion.

Maybe the stick is the bale of hay from your analogy, the thing that is there to serve as a distraction. There's certainly some discussion about the chest picture; I read OH is having a forensic analysis done and feels there was some heavy photo-shopping going on for reasons unknown. Personally, I find the rusted out key suspicious and I have brought it up before but no one wishes to discuss it.

On a more fantastical note, maybe Geydelkon really found the chest all those years ago and tossed a twig inside to show he was the first; then just walked away to spend the rest of the Chase mumbling about tales of an Indian Scout and a Saint.

I was surprised to find twig is a verb and means: appreciate, apprehend, assimilate, behold, catch, catch on (to), cognize, compass, comprehend, conceive, cotton (to or on to), decipher, decode, dig, discern, get, grasp, grok, intuit, know, make, make out, perceive, recognize, register, savvy, see, seize, sense, tumble (to), understand

Maybe someone tossed it in the box for this reason. It's a chiefly British definition, and I'm not sure many Americans would recognize this meaning. I can only speak for myself, I didn't.

My monies on Shy-lo gOld. And that's not really true, I just wanted to type Shy-lo; it just rolls off the tongue.

Ahhhh. I am so glad you mentioned photo-shopped. Even pictures from the old days can be analyzed and in many cases determined to be hoax. On the FF treasure, I dont get the feeling anyone has been bothered with photoshoping the picture because really, anyone could have taken that picture anywhere without any reason to pay a professional to do that. And a professional would have to that because there are a lot of elements on the page...like grasses, needles, sand...etc. Got to get shading, CMYK/RGB and contrast factoring right. Painful work.

On the picture, we should be looking at what items are shown. The color of the dirt. The time of day. It might be possible to take reflections off the zip lock bags as well. But the odd thing about those pictures is that they don't make sense and have been tampered with. Not implying the sort of tampering where they are adding or modifying elements in the image, but trimming and transformations.

Transformations:
A transformation is when you get the image from the original source, and then it is opened in say, Microsoft pbrush or MS Picture editor and saved as a different format. A guy could have also took a screenshot and saved the screenshot to clear metadata from the image, and then saved the screenshot as the image.

Look at the images again...lets review the weird aspects:
None of them are the same format. So they don't share the same device. But not even 2 pictures taken from the same scene share the same properties.

Take a look:
image003.png
image004.jpg
Treasure-Photo-.jpeg

Look at that. We trust Dal's site to be the original source, so we assumed it's not tampered with. But none of the file extensions are the same.

You know what isn't the same?
The resolutions:
image003.png 1260x1664
image004.jpg 1261x1681
Treasure-Photo-.jpeg 499x549

That's strange. On a mobile device, file types and resolutions don't typically change.

File size problems:
image003.png 4,026kb
image004.jpg 258kb
Treasure-Photo-.jpeg 106kb

image004.jpg and Treasure-Photo-.jpeg resolutions are nearly the same, but image003 is 15 times larger than image004

Image metadata:
Another mystery.
Image003 has "microsoft office" under the software tag. So the transformation did happen.

Also, image003...the only know location photo...had it's metadata deliberately wiped. Unfortunately for them it wasn't completely wiped and I am reviewing those clues now.

Image004 - Also wiped on 004 but I was still able to extract. No microsoft office tags detected.

Now the hard work begins. You see the universe is infinitely complex. And all of the camera platforms; Apple, Android, WinMO... all have a standard that has to be followed.

The actual camera sensors...have fingerprints...or algorithms only a certain model will produce. And even an iPhone 8 from 2017 will be slightly different than iPhone 2018. The reason for this is because the compression is different...the nm (nanometers) from the contrast exposure is different because we can take the full range of 300nm to 900nm and put it into a small file. Even 400nm to 500 nm would produce huge file types.

So what a company or standard will do so we can make digital pictures is take ranges and convert up or down some ranges that aren't used. Like 500nm~520, then 560~565... and this is done everywhere in the standard/operating system/sensor WHICH ALWAYS PRODUCES a FINGERPRINT.

What am I saying?

With enough sleuth work we can not only tell what took the picture, (iphone, android, winmo, digital camera) we can also tell what operating system made the photo, and we can also tell specifically...what PERSONS MOBILE PHONE TOOK THE PICTURE AS WELL.

Are you with me? Do you understand what I am saying?

I am saying if 2 people take a picture and somehow got exactly the same picture (which is difficult) we can tell which individuals phone or digital camera took the picture.

So someone is a terrorist or whatever...just don't post pictures because we can patch Artificial Intelligence to scan through the servers and look for that bad guys image fingerprint. Even if the bad guy destroys the phone, anyone he's ever sent any picture to that didn't delete it or it ended up in the cloud...facebook etc would be found. We will always be able to tell whos phone took what picture. It's almost like someone took your fingerprints and posted it out on the web. Oh? Didn't post the picture or have cloud sync? That's ok. Peoples devices can be scanned through remotely. It has happened. It does happen. Read about Snowden.

Your last sentence (above this line) tells us everything we need to know
about how seriously to take anything you have ever posted. I feel sorry for you.

(06-29-2020, 10:12 AM)LeadSolver Wrote: Don't forget that your touchscreen not only takes fingerprints, but that for at least 10 years, every screen IS a camera.

Nope.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New idea about the twig/stick in the treasure chest photo. total1ty 16 1,209 06-19-2020, 07:20 PM
Last Post: J Smith
  Dal going to Forrest's house to video the Treasure Chest admin 37 2,671 06-13-2020, 03:45 PM
Last Post: admin
  This is why you didn't find the treasure chest Top Secret 1 306 06-10-2020, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Beavertooth
  No treasure in chest Mike f 7 1,731 06-08-2019, 12:43 PM
Last Post: lingerlonger
  Vinnetti's Treasure Chest Giveaway intheknow 0 571 05-01-2019, 07:44 PM
Last Post: intheknow
  Cowlazars get a treasure chest! mdc777 0 1,286 09-09-2018, 11:34 PM
Last Post: mdc777