Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Helen Keller references- what did they mean?
06-28-2020, 09:35 PM,
There were a few references by Forrest to Helen Keller? That always stayed with me, what was everyone else’s take on the reference?

My simple ideas were- touch and feel around with your hands. Search in the dark.
06-28-2020, 09:36 PM,
RE: The Helen Keller references- what did they mean?
He referenced blind people. Maybe a searcher was blind?
06-28-2020, 11:06 PM,
Shirley Maclaine was in the 1962 The Miracle Worker (Anne Sullivan and Helen Keller story). Shirley Maclaine is Warren Beatty's sister. Bonnie and Clyde had Warren Beatty as an actor. Dick Tracy is produced by and was the detective in the 1990 movie. My take is Beatty Lakes, VV (Valle Vidal), Carson Wilderness Area NM. There is numerous Warren Beatty/Annette Benning/Shirley Maclaine references by Forrest.
just saying ss
06-29-2020, 12:41 AM,
She was also deaf. Deafness is involved in my new solve coming out this week. Forrest has struggled with hearing loss.

She also espoused several of Forrest's views of life. Here are some from Wikipedia:

"According to those who attended, Helen Keller spoke of the joy that life gave her. She was thankful for the faculties and abilities that she did possess and stated that the most productive pleasures she had were curiosity and imagination. Keller also spoke of the joy of service and the happiness that came from doing things for others ... Keller imparted that "helping your fellow men were one's only excuse for being in this world and in the doing of things to help one's fellows lay the secret of lasting happiness." She also told of the joys of loving work and accomplishment and the happiness of achievement. Although the entire lecture lasted only a little over an hour, the lecture had a profound impact on the audience."

The entire Wikipedia article is worth a read. I am sure he does not agree with all her views, but there seem to be many that he does.
06-29-2020, 02:08 AM,
(06-28-2020, 09:35 PM)CLynn Wrote: My simple ideas were- touch and feel around with your hands. Search in the dark.

As instructions to bunnies? Possibly

Probably not a good idea when searching for a treasure in the wilds though.

07-01-2020, 12:14 AM,
@knighterrant
And the bunny is also at Beatty Lakes in the shape of FR1914A there between Iris (of the Bend) Park. Iris Park used to be called Ponil Park and was the end of the C&NW Railroad up from Cimarron, NM.
just saying ss
07-03-2020, 02:28 PM,
I found this interesting, although this person was not deaf.
Bland , NM Cochiti mining district Sandoval county[Image: a326edd481d2884eae9d10ca763f5045.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
07-04-2020, 06:49 AM,
Macular Degeneration, is why FF talked about blind people and the ability to
make marbles just by feeling the marble between his knees page 32 ttotc,and
the ball of string do you really think that was a true story? That it got that big
and just was not there anymore,or the scrapbook with the floating hat was
real ,NO.... macular degeneration does away with your sight ,so ff put this info
in his list of hints,the person who had this that he knows stopped painting and
took up another form of art by using their hands.
Whatever