Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JF Quatermaine
06-29-2020, 09:32 AM,
JF Quatermaine
John Ford Quatermaine here, Alan Quatermaine's 128 year old younger brother. I have been on the Chase for seven years with my search for The Treasure. I have not found the Box though I have a Solution to Solving the Crime. That is how I started, "Start at the Scene of the Crime." Build from there with accumulation of facts and at the end, the solution by process of elimination will be revealed.

Saw the Airline Article in April 2013 and ordered the book from CBW, nice ladies by the way. Met them back in 2016 on my last BOTG. Poured over the book when it arrived and joined Chase Chat in June or so of 2013. I found a thread that I referred to as my Rosetta Stone in the Chat. An Admin Mavin basically told me I was stupid, well I left the Chat with that. Lurker since....

In July of that year I found what I thought was the Blaze, and have not changed my mind since. I have connected many dots to that spot over the last seven years as to be unbelievable. I had all my material when I visited the CBW for a meeting with Fenn. I had sent him some 25 Emails with no response. I told him I would be at the store at 10:00 and told the owners the same. He didn't show up and I left at 11:00. I sent him an Email telling him, "I don't even give full professors an hour."

An hour later on my way back to Texas in my Ford Pick-up I get the first and only Email I ever got from Fenn. He said,"John I don't know what you mean." It seems the ladies at CBW had phoned him and told him he had missed his appointment. I wasn't looking for hints from him, I just wanted to ask, "did you really do this?" That is the unbelievable discovery of a Treasure Beyond the Chest. That is what I had passed on to him in the 25 Emails and some ten or so Snail Mails I had sent him.

The Emails were worded in cryptic form that only Fenn could decipher. I'll post such a message later. I quit sending Emails when I mentioned Wild Bill Hickcock and the Crazy Horse Sculpture in South Dakota. A week or so later a fellow searcher was in Deadwood, SD. This was the same Mavin which called me stupid. Now Forrest was having his Emails Hacked or he was sharing my Emails. All my Emails were cryptic in the first place because I had no idea who might be looking over his shoulder.

Though I received no response from Fenn on any communication, some 7-10 days after being sent, a SB would be posted with 4-5 elements related directly to my communication. I mentioned Crazy Horse because he posted a SB with that Crazy Horse Hopi statue some ten days after I sent the Email, my last one I sent. This was at time with a great flurry of SB being posted.

I sent him a 1939 Gillette Razor, the last year before the Safety Razor was introduced. It had the original box and a box of double edged blades with it. King Gillette introduced his original Razor in 1903 the same year that Forrest's father was born. Of course Forrest was born in 1939. A week later he posted a SB with some relic with what he said had a nice Patina, just like the Razor. I included an E-Bay description with the Razor with #s pertaining to my solve.

I have never sent Fenn my solve. I did tell him of the Treasure I did find in cryptic format of course. He'd did ask where I live once with a SB he mentioned a visit to Camp Bullis in San Antonio.This because the Snail Mails I was sending had the return address JF Quartermaine, 1969 Tuy Hoa, San Antonio, TX 78239.
My parents Zip Code was 78239. I sent a Blank card with a Map, basically an insert with my town location set within HDO/STN/PGY/DBY Flight information abbreviations and some additional text for the actual location.

I met Tony Spearman, Dr. Quantum online during my search. He was an Ex-F-15 pilot living in SC, me living in NC at that time. He was a Physicist with an Internet Router Patent and an intellect well beyond mine. He mentioned the JF initials on the F-100 Illustration which added my John Ford to my personna. Sadly he passed away six years ago. His wife was from the Ukraine and the Ukrainian's had stiffed him for a lot of money on a deal of some sort. I got an Email with Cyrillic Script in the address so I quit sending him Emails, just talked to him on the phone after that.

I had a friend who I flew F-4s with who was in Viet Nam in F-100s with Fenn. He actually worked under Fenn in the Tactics Shop and was there when He was shot down. Talked with him about Fenn on who the man was before all his notoriety.

All this to introduce myself again. I have many tidbits I'll add over the next few weeks. I will not reveal my Treasure until the TC Solve is revealed. It is really something no-one has even alluded to over the last ten years. Some snippets like many of you, John Ford off..........
06-29-2020, 09:40 AM,
RE: JF Quatermaine
Well, that was entertaining.
06-29-2020, 10:33 AM,
I'm assuming I'm the admin mavin you're speaking about. I've never once told anyone their solves were stupid. I would only have said I don't agree with a solve. I completely respect that we all see things differently....I'm not sure why you would have said that.
© Stephanie
06-29-2020, 11:20 AM,
Yeppers, it's been seven years. You may have not have used that exact word, but your comments were strong enough that "stupid" stuck in my mind. It was also strong enough for me to leave. Now why did you got to Deadwood, SD in August of 2014? I have the picture of the Hopi Crazy Horse with a date stamp for the SB post on Dal's Site. Inquiring minds......well mine. I have had seven years without a post related to the Chase, and was starting to have some fun with the Chase at long last. I have a lot of things I want to share relating to things in TTOTC and other fun things I found. Every one else gets their time to do so no matter how far out. Nothing I have or will post have ever been shared with anyone. The shot you took issue with is something eating at me for seven years, so give me a little slack. No more shots......
06-29-2020, 12:18 PM,
(06-29-2020, 11:20 AM)Estacado Wrote: Yeppers, it's been seven years. You may have not have used that exact word, but your comments were strong enough that "stupid" stuck in my mind. It was also strong enough for me to leave. Now why did you got to Deadwood, SD in August of 2014? I have the picture of the Hopi Crazy Horse with a date stamp for the SB post on Dal's Site. Inquiring minds......well mine. I have had seven years without a post related to the Chase, and was starting to have some fun with the Chase at long last. I have a lot of things I want to share relating to things in TTOTC and other fun things I found. Every one else gets their time to do so no matter how far out. Nothing I have or will post have ever been shared with anyone. The shot you took issue with is something eating at me for seven years, so give me a little slack. No more shots......

Well if you can get the email conversation you had with me back then I'd love to see it, because I can't recall anyone ever sending me anything where I made it out like they were stupid. I only went to Deadwood once and that was for about 30 minutes as I was on my way out west. I never had any photo of me there. Maybe you're thinking of someone else. Either way...please let me see an email or I will pull any emails and see...but my guess is maybe I just said I didn't believe it was there....but I never would have been disrespectful about a solve. My solves have been crazier than most.
© Stephanie
06-29-2020, 01:48 PM,
(06-29-2020, 12:18 PM)admin Wrote:
(06-29-2020, 11:20 AM)Estacado Wrote: Yeppers, it's been seven years. You may have not have used that exact word, but your comments were strong enough that "stupid" stuck in my mind. It was also strong enough for me to leave. Now why did you got to Deadwood, SD in August of 2014? I have the picture of the Hopi Crazy Horse with a date stamp for the SB post on Dal's Site. Inquiring minds......well mine. I have had seven years without a post related to the Chase, and was starting to have some fun with the Chase at long last. I have a lot of things I want to share relating to things in TTOTC and other fun things I found. Every one else gets their time to do so no matter how far out. Nothing I have or will post have ever been shared with anyone. The shot you took issue with is something eating at me for seven years, so give me a little slack. No more shots......

Well if you can get the email conversation you had with me back then I'd love to see it, because I can't recall anyone ever sending me anything where I made it out like they were stupid. I only went to Deadwood once and that was for about 30 minutes as I was on my way out west. I never had any photo of me there. Maybe you're thinking of someone else. Either way...please let me see an email or I will pull any emails and see...but my guess is maybe I just said I didn't believe it was there....but I never would have been disrespectful about a solve. My solves have been crazier than most.

No Emails, it was posted on Chase Chat. No photos of Deadwood........beyond that just a post that you had been to Deadwood 7-10 days after my Email to Fenn. Coincidence????? All on Chase Chat. I never liked the idea of Fenn sharing or visiting with anyone during the Chase, still don't. Kit Williams and his Golden Rabbit was the worst case of how that can turn out. Well so far at any rate. He said and she said, let's let it go at that.I just want to have a bit of fun after my Lurker Lockdown.
06-29-2020, 01:53 PM,
(06-29-2020, 01:48 PM)Estacado Wrote:
(06-29-2020, 12:18 PM)admin Wrote:

No Emails, it was posted on Chase Chat. No photos of Deadwood........beyond that just a post that you had been to Deadwood 7-10 days after my Email to Fenn. Coincidence????? All on Chase Chat. I never liked the idea of Fenn sharing or visiting with anyone during the Chase, still don't. Kit Williams and his Golden Rabbit was the worst case of how that can turn out. Well so far at any rate. He said and she said, let's let it go at that.I just want to have a bit of fun after my Lurker Lockdown.

Oh ok. I thought it was email. Sorry! I didn't go to Deadwood at all other than to look to see what the town looked like and we considered staying at a hotel there. I never searched it or anything. So yeah it would have been a coincidence. I can't even tell you when that was. I never liked that either....and I spoke my mind about it which made me not in the "inner inner circle" of his.
© Stephanie
06-29-2020, 02:08 PM,
Welcome back Estacado, sounds like it will be interesting! Eagerly await hearing you tell your stories.