Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Evolution of a Poem Purist failure
06-30-2020, 06:50 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-01-2020, 08:50 AM by Top Secret.)
Tongue  The Evolution of a Poem Purist failure
When people [Seannm and mdavis] arrogantly preached from their soap box day in day out about how to solve the poem, they understand they will be held accountable. Loud mouth Seannm produced many Fenn-vids on how searchers need to solve the poem. Of course Fenn and people like myself said use the poem + TTOTC hints to help with the clues.

Accountability begins now. Here are some of many hypocritical statements made by Seannm (who now is back peddling on his backwards bike like crazy) and the hindsight truth. Please add more as you fine them, even include Mike Davis for a laugh.

It pays to be a poem purist, and I am “the” poem purist.
Truth: And that pay is $0 more likely in the negatives.

So in the end, it will become apparent to all that poem purist got it right, and those who place importance upon information outside of the poem thus over-complicating the problem by adding outside information to it, will continue to fall down those rabbit holes they dig. 
Truth: Poem purists got it wrong. Finder used Poem + hints in TTOTC, just like Fenn suggested.

The poem and ONLY the poem gives us the where.
Truth:Poem+TTOTC gives us where

And how am I at a disadvantage by sticking with just the poem, that which the architect himself has said contains all the information one needs to find the treasure?
Answer: You were not able to find the treasure BECAUSE The finder used poem and at least the TTOTC

If you truly believe that adding more information to the problem makes it easier to solve it, then why do you care how I, as a self proclaimed poem purist, attempts to solve it?

Truth: Mr. Finder added TTOTC and he found it, you did not.

People are caught up in the minutia (like the subtle clues in the book) and missing what is right in their face. Get back in the box, go back to the poem.
Truth: Mr. Finder says the box includes poem + TTOTC

I guess maybe that rules out hints in the book being vital to solving the poem.

Truth: Mr. Finder says he used poem + TTOTC.

It seems that all roads continue to lead to poem purism being "the" correct path.  All other "outside the box" ideas continue to over complicate and overcook the poem. Power to "the" poem purist!
Truth: All roads ended at being solved with poem + TTOTC just like Fenn suggested all along.

So many people want to label those who are poem purist as bad people or misfits to be labeled, marginalized and ostricized [sic] to our little corner of the forum.
Truth: Those people were right to think that way. We should thank them for their public service.

It may seem that even Forrest himself has endorsed a poem purity approach to solving this

Truth: Nope court documents has Fenn staring poem +TTOTC was how Finder found the chest. This is Fenny's own words on what he endorsed "Forrest: Here is what I would do. Read my book in a normal manner. Then read the poem over and over and over, slowly – thinking. Then read my book again, this time looking for subtle hints that will help solve the clues."
06-30-2020, 06:59 PM,
The Evolution of The Hypocrite (Poem Purist in hindsight)
The truth is that none of us knows exactly what was needed, or helpful, unless the real solution is made known.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
06-30-2020, 07:02 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-30-2020, 07:09 PM by Top Secret.)
RE: The Evolution of The Hypocrite (Poem Purist in hindsight)
(06-30-2020, 06:59 PM)BackTL Wrote: The truth is that none of us knows exactly what was needed, or helpful, unless the real solution is made known.

What was needed is what Fenn recommended - "Forrest: Here is what I would do. Read my book in a normal manner. Then read the poem over and over and over, slowly – thinking. Then read my book again, this time looking for subtle hints that will help solve the clues."

Finder used TTOTC to locate the treasure. Poem Purists did not. End of Story.

This is the quote of the day from home of Hairy's brain washed purists
"Now that the Chase is over I'm going to order a copy of TTOC and read it for the first time."

If there was any wonder why they were stuffed in a corner, now you know why
06-30-2020, 07:12 PM,
(06-30-2020, 06:59 PM)BackTL Wrote: The truth is that none of us knows exactly what was needed, or helpful, unless the real solution is made known.

The truth is no one knows if there is even a finder. Only that f said so. F says many things. Is his word the gospel? Where is the proof of anything? None what so ever! Until there is proof it's all conjecture and is subject to all interrogation.
06-30-2020, 07:23 PM,
(06-30-2020, 07:12 PM)ManOwar Wrote:

The truth is no one knows if there is even a finder. Only that f said so. F says many things. Is his word the gospel? Where is the proof of anything? None what so ever! Until there is proof it's all conjecture and is subject to all interrogation.

110% correct.
06-30-2020, 07:34 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-30-2020, 07:35 PM by BackTL.)
The Evolution of The Hypocrite (Poem Purist in hindsight)

Agreed. At a minimum, we need the actual location where the treasure was hidden in order to determine a true solution to the poem clues.

06-30-2020, 07:45 PM,
(06-30-2020, 07:23 PM)TwoCrows Wrote:

110% correct.

I love that phrase "110% correct". . . almost as much as I love "obviously". OH!, I almost forgot "I could care less" about something.
This almost points "towards" a dictionary that doesn't contain "towards".
06-30-2020, 07:52 PM,
(06-30-2020, 07:45 PM)legacyhelper Wrote:
(06-30-2020, 07:23 PM)TwoCrows Wrote:

110% correct.

I love that phrase "110% correct". . . almost as much as I love "obviously". OH!, I almost forgot "I could care less" about something.
This almost points "towards" a dictionary that doesn't contain "towards".
The word out of Oxford, is that "towards" is replaced with "poem purist hypocrite"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Fenn Failure Box mdavis19 49 23,181 06-28-2020, 04:04 PM
Last Post: fundamental design
  CHASE EVOLUTION meekmouse 19 9,136 12-06-2019, 08:16 PM
Last Post: Chris Yates
  Poem Purist Perspective realistrealist 78 30,676 06-24-2018, 05:07 PM
Last Post: easternOHsteve
  In Praise of Failure abex 13 8,291 09-17-2016, 12:14 PM
Last Post: decall
  the path to failure takes a detour Chris Yates 8 4,977 07-11-2016, 09:26 PM
Last Post: John Brown