Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The solve of the poem
07-01-2020, 04:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-01-2020, 03:58 PM by JPTS.)
The solve of the poem
This is the latest version (June 2019) of my solve, I believe my first partner found the trove in 2017.
Even I had the spot, I needed more than one year to get the full solve of the poem. That's why my second partner failed also on the last clues.
Yes, we found the trove - but there is a difference between trove and chest - it is the last inch that counts. I think a lot of searchers passed the trove only a few inches and some have been "sniffing around" F mentioned.
Thanks to SB, K&L and DB. Congrats “J”? … I don´t know.

Up is the full solve:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xEyt...sp=sharing

I am still looking for someone living near the C & T area and likes to check the spot. Easy to do with a photo - send me a PM if interested. As long as the spot is not confirmed it is a "solve" like 1000 others.

Edit: I added the 2nd part, so full solve is up.
07-01-2020, 12:52 PM,
RE: The solve of the poem
Hey JPTS I really like most parts of your solve and I would bet that taking a train is somehow involved. I think there are so many hints to trains, like:

- The whole second and third stanza
- So why is IT that I must go
- I've done it tired..
- look quickly down..
- brave and in the wood..

Your solve belongs to my favourite three solves now Smile I know you won't care, but I wanted to appreciate you sharing your solve and IMO it is really a great (half) solve.
07-01-2020, 04:41 PM,
Ty Gravity, while you mention
- I've done it tired..
or better: I've done it tied ... everyone was wondering about the scissors:
Didn't Forrest say he thinks ahead on everything?
07-02-2020, 12:39 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-02-2020, 12:40 AM by Andrew Jef.)
(07-01-2020, 04:41 PM)JPTS Wrote: Ty Gravity, while you mention
- I've done it tired..
or better: I've done it tied ... everyone was wondering about the scissors:
Didn't Forrest say he thinks ahead on everything?

Not that I know of.

Also, I don't think the scissors are of significant help in solving the poem.
If it's okay to mess with it, maybe some extrapolation is in order, such as
I've done it tired . . that basketball was like a basketball to me.
07-02-2020, 03:28 PM,
I don't think that the scissors will help you with the poem. But maybe he tied the chest to something so it wouldn't be flushed away. Like fishing lines.
07-02-2020, 05:37 PM,
there are no scissors in my solve .... the was only a cord ... tie-tel, done it tied ...
but i did not wonder about the scissors found near the chest
07-03-2020, 12:43 AM,
(07-02-2020, 05:37 PM)JPTS Wrote: there are no scissors in my solve .... the was only a cord ... tie-tel, done it tied ...
but i did not wonder about the scissors found near the chest

I have no reason to believe that any scissors were found near the chest.

I saw what appears to be rusty scissors in a photo that also shows part of what appears to be "the chest". But I also saw what appears to be Forrest
Fenn in a photo that also shows part of what appears to be "the chest".

Was Forrest Fenn found near the chest? Is he rusty? I feel sorry for him.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  IMO forrest knows his poem been solve. mikemarcum878 10 4,561 07-09-2019, 11:40 PM
Last Post: khan
  my solve is based solely on poem purity. Even mdavis could understand this paulb 3 1,627 09-02-2018, 04:10 PM
Last Post: TheLastCrusade
  I ask my self if ff poem has been solve. mikemarcum878 5 1,966 07-10-2018, 03:42 PM
Last Post: DeeepThnkr
  How to solve the poem HarryFool 117 29,105 06-15-2015, 03:50 PM
Last Post: mdavis19
  Did Stephanie solve the poem? djjmciv 16 7,806 10-07-2014, 10:35 AM
Last Post: Woody Bogg