Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
As the Fenn treasure hunt "winds down"
07-04-2020, 04:39 PM,
As the Fenn treasure hunt "winds down"
I want to thank Forrest for the adventure.

Another blog (hoD) is no longer accepting comments, but I also want
to thank Dal for hosting that blog and for all his hard work related thereto.

I have noticed that on THIS forum, interest in the Fenn treasure hunt
seems to be declining, although other topics are appearing. Maybe that's
the way things oughtta be, considering what has happened since early
June this year.

Regarding topics . . . since a forum is pretty much a social structure, and
involves people, there have certainly been a lot of messages posted about
people, sometimes not much in connection with the treasure hunt itself.

I'm not trying to make a value judgment about that right now, but would
like to ask a question: How appropriate would it be for this blog/forum to
(gradually) become more people-oriented, and less treasure hunt-oriented?

I ask this because I have noticed, in myself, some interest in some of the people who have posted here, regardless of the Fenn treasure hunt itself.
07-04-2020, 06:47 PM,
RE: As the Fenn treasure hunt "winds down"
For myself, I don't see why not talk about anythin you want to, abiding by site rules of course. I do not have a declining interest in TTOTC, and will probably hold said interest until I Believe the poem was solved by Mr. finder__ It may appear that interest is fading, but I see the hundreds of people lurking around this site, unspeaking, yet longing to find answers. The change of topic, my friend, is just entertainment till it happens. You used to have some real interesting statements as well, Wildfun, give it a try. Start a thread.
07-04-2020, 06:48 PM,
@wildfuntear - If I understand what you're saying, you think this site should maybe become a place where we can get to know each other better, form bonds, & talk about all kinds of things? Hmmm. Sounds like fun to me. I would enjoy hearing about & keeping in touch with everybody ... well, some more than others.

I like getting advice from other people & sources about different things. For example, Mindy's videos have taught me some stuff I never knew. I like hearing about what other people are doing, & helping out when I can. I like being apart of a semi-public group who are more like me than I care to admit.

So, your idea (if I have it correct) is a YES from me.
07-05-2020, 04:26 AM,
I love the idea. I'll make discussion area for just chat. We can talk about who we all are and what other things we're wanting to get into.... including the other hunts.
© Stephanie
07-05-2020, 04:38 AM,
https://www.chasechat.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=32

Made a place to chat.
© Stephanie

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fenn treasure hunt turns out to be a massive flop Top Secret 15 1,242 12-17-2020, 05:25 PM
Last Post: ravenhome777
  AGKs Treasure Hunt Book is Available on Amazon tyounis 1 433 09-01-2020, 03:58 PM
Last Post: question
  AGK - A Treasure Hunt Adventure Update tyounis 0 575 08-20-2020, 05:49 PM
Last Post: tyounis
  Toby and Shelley's A Gypsy's Kiss Treasure Hunt admin 9 1,576 08-17-2020, 10:54 AM
Last Post: Seeker9
  AGK Treasure Hunt Seeker9 1 471 08-01-2020, 11:29 AM
Last Post: admin
  Treasure Hunt Coming Soon admin 2 744 07-22-2020, 04:39 PM
Last Post: tootingjo