Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Literal meaning is probably best interpretation most of the time.
07-26-2020, 03:34 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-26-2020, 03:40 AM by legacyhelper.)
Literal meaning is probably best interpretation most of the time.
People are generally sloppy in speaking and in written communication.

It could pay to be very careful and technically precise when you analyze
and evaluate what they say. Here's an example that may surprise you.

This is a fact, plain and simple: I once slept with Marilyn Monroe.
In 1955, on the night of the anniversary of my birth, I was asleep
for at least an hour while she was also asleep. My age at the time was
either 4 years (officially) or 5 years (officially). The fact that we were
miles apart doesn't change the fact.

You may not be eager to learn this following claim, but it's true nonetheless: I also slept with a female hippo, and soon thereafter, a female porcupine.

What people mean should not be your problem if they are slobs and
don't communicate well. Yes, of course society is largely made of relatively unintelligent people. But we don't all have to act like we're unintelligent, even if we are. Clear communication, thinking, understanding, etc. may call for a bit more discipline than we're comfortable with. Just like solving the poem and finding the trove.

You may be looking for scandals. I find them boring, so I don't look for them.

Now, on a semi-related train of thought, pilots of fighter jets are (and
this was probably the case decades ago, when FF was a pilot of fighter
jets) generally considered by women to be pretty attractive. I hope that while FF was on a tour of military duty in southeast Asia, he was a
faithful husband. I have no reason to assume or believe that he wasn't.

During that time, I was still on U.S. soil, and I slept with millions of women. Some were Vietnamese. Some were several decades older than me, and I was about 17 or 18 years old. How does that grab you?
During that same period (of about a year), I also slept with thousands
of dogs, cats, and horses. We were quite far apart (i.e., not in the same room) when this happened.

We don't need to talk about whether those horses were male or female. And in case you're wondering, I lived while I was in Oregon, but my
mailing/home address was never in Oregon. I visited the state a few
times, but never fell in love with a horse while in Oregon.
07-27-2020, 11:06 AM,
RE: Literal meaning is probably best interpretation most of the time.
(07-26-2020, 03:34 AM)legacyhelper Wrote: People are generally sloppy in speaking and in written communication.

You may not be eager to learn this following claim, but it's true nonetheless: I also slept with a female hippo, and soon thereafter, a female porcupine.

don't communicate well. Yes, of course society is largely made of relatively unintelligent people. But we don't all have to act like we're unintelligent, even if we are. Clear communication, thinking, understanding, etc. may call for a bit more discipline than we're comfortable with. Just like solving the poem and finding the trove.

jets) generally considered by women to be pretty attractive. I hope that while FF was on a tour of military duty in southeast Asia, he was a

During that time, I was still on U.S. soil, and I slept with millions of women. Some were Vietnamese. Some were several decades older than me, and I was about 17 or 18 years old. How does that grab you?
of dogs, cats, and horses. We were quite far apart (i.e., not in the same room) when this happened.

We don't need to talk about whether those horses were male or female. And in case you're wondering, I lived while I was in Oregon, but my

Using your logic then, when FF says that "we should reveal that the treasure was found in Wyoming". We could use your logic and say that the treasure could be found in Wyoming, but was not necessarily located in Wyoming. For example the Cabin in Wyoming gives me great hints as to the location of the actual treasure in another location.
07-27-2020, 12:18 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-27-2020, 12:26 PM by TheGoldHunter.)
Good stuff in this thread and totally agree.

"we should reveal that the treasure was found in Wyoming"

If it's in our best interest to say the treasure was found in Wyoming, then, we should reveal that the treasure was found in Wyoming. Maybe it wasn't, but we should reveal that it was.

Or...

While driving the chest out of Montana and into Wyoming pull the car over. Throw some clothes over the chest. Now, dig under the clothes. Wow, you just found the chest in Wyoming.

Or...

Maybe you borrowed a Hyundai Santa Fe. You drive the chest to Mexico. Hop into another car and drive north for 10 miles. Get out and hide treasure. Now, it's hidden 10 miles north of Santa Fe.

Lots of ways to be truthful.
07-27-2020, 06:09 PM,
(07-27-2020, 12:18 PM)TheGoldHunter Wrote: Good stuff in this thread and totally agree.

"we should reveal that the treasure was found in Wyoming"

If it's in our best interest to say the treasure was found in Wyoming, then, we should reveal that the treasure was found in Wyoming. Maybe it wasn't, but we should reveal that it was.

Or...

While driving the chest out of Montana and into Wyoming pull the car over. Throw some clothes over the chest. Now, dig under the clothes. Wow, you just found the chest in Wyoming.

Or...

Maybe you borrowed a Hyundai Santa Fe. You drive the chest to Mexico. Hop into another car and drive north for 10 miles. Get out and hide treasure. Now, it's hidden 10 miles north of Santa Fe.

Lots of ways to be truthful.

He said that it was hidden north of Santa Fe, New Mexico when someone asked him about Santa Fe, Argentina.
07-27-2020, 06:15 PM,
(07-27-2020, 11:06 AM)Can't see Forest for the trees Wrote:
(07-26-2020, 03:34 AM)legacyhelper Wrote: People are generally sloppy in speaking and in written communication.

Using your logic then, when FF says that "we should reveal that the treasure was found in Wyoming". We could use your logic and say that the treasure could be found in Wyoming, but was not necessarily located in Wyoming. For example the Cabin in Wyoming gives me great hints as to the location of the actual treasure in another location.

I suspect that "the treasure" is such a vague concept that a person
could validly claim that the treasure is in NM, CO, WY, and MT right now.
I wish FF had been more specific, and talked about the chest instead of
the treasure. Regarding the chest, I believe it was transported. I suspect that Fenn found the chest more than ten years ago, Doug Preston found it, Peggy found it, and more recently, it was found again by FF. The chest has been found dozens of times, mostly by him. I don't know whether Elton John or Barry Manilow ever slept with it, because I don't know whether it slept or sleeps.
07-27-2020, 08:18 PM,
If someone believed that the pictures of the 'found' chest were faked why would they believe what Fenn says about where the treasure was found?

Does it seem logical that Fenn could possibly be oblivious to all the confusion caused by putting out a 'riddle' or 'puzzle' with a myriad of possible interpretations? He cannot be ignorant of this fact, so why does he put out a statement that seems to be lacking in specificity, with one of his supposed intentions being to help bring closure?

The simplest explanation is that the treasure chest was hidden and found in Wyoming. For those speculating on some hidden meaning in his statement, I will offer the following (and I apologize if any of these are repeats, I haven't been reading the boards too much this last week):

Wyoming is also the Wyoming Craton, also known as the Wyoming Province. This includes a far larger area than just the present state of Wyoming.

State song of Wyoming is...wait for it...."Wyoming". The word treasure is contained in it.

The metal used to make the chest or some part there of was from salvage or parts from BB-32, the USS Wyoming. Ergo the treasure was found in Wyoming.

The latest "reveal" from Forrest Fenn Productions seems to have changed little. I'm seeing not much beyond the usual grab-ass games, as people with Wyoming 'solves' beat their breast and shout "neener neener I was right".

Unless I missed it, what remains conspicuously absent from all the forums and websites is any solve of Fenn's poem that explains the 'riddle' or 'puzzle' in the poem, one that Fenn himself said existed. There are some solves that attempt to show how Fenn could feel like an "Architect" while writing the poem, but little discussion of 'the blueprint' that Fenn himself referenced. Those that do broach this in some manner are intellectually unsatisfactory and fail to withstand close scrutiny.

07-28-2020, 02:38 AM,
(07-27-2020, 08:18 PM)knighterrant Wrote: If someone believed that the pictures of the 'found' chest were faked why would they believe what Fenn says about where the treasure was found?

Does it seem logical that Fenn could possibly be oblivious to all the confusion caused by putting out a 'riddle' or 'puzzle' with a myriad of possible interpretations? He cannot be ignorant of this fact, so why does he put out a statement that seems to be lacking in specificity, with one of his supposed intentions being to help bring closure?

The simplest explanation is that the treasure chest was hidden and found in Wyoming. For those speculating on some hidden meaning in his statement, I will offer the following (and I apologize if any of these are repeats, I haven't been reading the boards too much this last week):

Wyoming is also the Wyoming Craton, also known as the Wyoming Province. This includes a far larger area than just the present state of Wyoming.

State song of Wyoming is...wait for it...."Wyoming". The word treasure is contained in it.

The metal used to make the chest or some part there of was from salvage or parts from BB-32, the USS Wyoming. Ergo the treasure was found in Wyoming.

The latest "reveal" from Forrest Fenn Productions seems to have changed little. I'm seeing not much beyond the usual grab-ass games, as people with Wyoming 'solves' beat their breast and shout "neener neener I was right".

Unless I missed it, what remains conspicuously absent from all the forums and websites is any solve of Fenn's poem that explains the 'riddle' or 'puzzle' in the poem, one that Fenn himself said existed. There are some solves that attempt to show how Fenn could feel like an "Architect" while writing the poem, but little discussion of 'the blueprint' that Fenn himself referenced. Those that do broach this in some manner are intellectually unsatisfactory and fail to withstand close scrutiny.

Forrest's (oft-repeated) comment that he felt like an architect while writing the poem has lost its lustre. Perhaps he wants us to go on for
decades or longer repeating the mantra that "an architect wrote the
poem". OH!, sorry, I meant to say "crafted" instead of "wrote", because "crafted" is a buzzword that people think works. Like beer is "crafted".
Who gives a flying flock? I just drink the stuff.

When I think of "architect", I think of "arch". Yeah, there's probably a
hint here . . . if not by FF, then by me. Only someone pretty good at
solving the poem would appreciate this -- in one of two ways, as the
hint refers to one or two different things. Okay? FF likes to be subtle,
and he should be acknowledged for that, if not stroked. Okay, FF, please
consider yourself stroked. And praised. And thanked. And acknowledged. Have I forgotten anything? How about "blessed", or at
least, having had blessings requested on your behalf? Personally, I'm
more into eating spaghetti and meatballs, compared to praying or
soliciting "blessings".

I don't believe that FF wants to "bring closure" to all searchers. Only to
the ones willing to accept the "photoshopped" pictures as real and
believable. If this soothes people, that could be a good thing, as human
suffering is generally considered to be not a good thing. But I still think
that there is some future left in the chase. Hee hee! I don't need to
capitalize the word chase, as I know what it means . . . and I actually
hope that the chase I have in mind does last hundreds of years.

Meanwhile, good luck to everyone in all of this. Please do be cautious
regarding COVID, and please "go easy" on other people. More on that
concept later. Cheers.
07-28-2020, 06:46 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-28-2020, 06:46 AM by TheGoldHunter.)
He might have named his car "Santa Fe, New Mexico." Smile Sorry, I can't be helped!

Thanks for that info, though.
07-28-2020, 09:24 AM,
Probably been mentioned before, but I took the "felt like an architect" line to be a hint to the caddisfly, a trout bait whose lava is often called the underwater architect because it builds a shell around itself.
07-28-2020, 09:53 AM,
I'm more to the point on this: He lied and will burn in Hell. Hope that clears it up.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Video not meaning to suggest anything ... Chris Yates 3 866 04-12-2020, 12:13 PM
Last Post: wildfuntear
  Imo ff told us the meaning for "but to far too walk." mikemarcum878 0 958 07-13-2018, 01:07 PM
Last Post: mikemarcum878
  Kacir name meaning? Parzival 5 4,008 10-10-2017, 06:59 PM
Last Post: Beavertooth
  A Translation to meaning. Hammertime 3 3,372 01-25-2017, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Hammertime
  The meaning of the BLAZE... 5GIRLS 3 3,062 12-15-2016, 01:14 PM
  Meaning Hammertime 6 4,677 06-17-2016, 10:31 AM