Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No pro bloggers are interested in the FF solve. It threatens their popularity
07-29-2020, 05:33 AM,
RE: No pro bloggers are interested in the FF solve. It threatens their popularity
I will start to read any solve but if it takes a paragraph of some rare historical fact from 400 years ago just to get to your wwwh then I stop reading.

I always thought the solution would be easy and obvious people would go, ohhhh. I attempted many solves but the more I had to make them fit the poem, the quicker I gave up on them.

Then one day, around the end of May, I had my simplest solve yet. That was fun.
07-29-2020, 11:19 AM,
RE: No pro bloggers are interested in the FF solve. It threatens their popularity
(07-29-2020, 05:33 AM)total1ty Wrote: I will start to read any solve but if it takes a paragraph of some rare historical fact from 400 years ago just to get to your wwwh then I stop reading.

I always thought the solution would be easy and obvious people would go, ohhhh. I attempted many solves but the more I had to make them fit the poem, the quicker I gave up on them.

I don't know what's so rare about something most children are taught in school, and most everyone who looks up at night aren't curious about (moon, stars, craters on the moon, planets, constellations, comets, etc.). Just about everyone who visits or lives at the seashore are curious about tides (caused by the moon). So stars, tides, missing "d's", praying for "d's", Miss "F" or "d" all could easily lead a searcher to 400-year-old events and/or a secret weir. Heck, you could find the secret weir just by using Google Earth to look at the Firehole River (Oops, was that a rare part of many searches?). After you notice the secret weir at the top of the Kepler Cascades, you could then notice that Kepler fits more with the poem than any other solve you have seen.

I tend to respect other people's solves, with only a few exceptions.

If you are saying you had a simple solve at the end of May that was "fun", are you suggesting you found the chest and are to be congratulated? If so, prepare to be inundated by comments from the vast majority of searchers, who believe the finder is a jackass. If you are claiming to be the finder and are putting out "tease" posts, you are worse than a jackass. If not, what the hell does your comment mean?
07-29-2020, 12:15 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-29-2020, 12:16 PM by LeadSolver.)
I love some Kepler and read 400 years, but my prayer for D's was answered...
HLBNMCRK (8,12,2,14,13,3,18,11) decodes to:
As I have gone alone in there (blaze) GASOLINE
And with my treasures bold, (wise) MENSA DSR << (D's r) fill in the missing i,n,o,a,u for dinosaur.
07-29-2020, 01:43 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-29-2020, 01:44 PM by Beavertooth.)
(07-29-2020, 02:15 AM)Michel Wrote: Best solve i came around is this one,it´s been out since 2015.

https://dalneitzel.com/2015/01/17/not-ju...-solution/

I remember that solve. Impressive effort. Although extremely lengthy, he walks you through his ideas well.

I never agreed with it because it did not suit my idea of the puzzle. But he could have been as correct as any of us (except the actual finder, if there is one).
07-29-2020, 03:48 PM,
(07-29-2020, 02:15 AM)Michel Wrote: Best solve i came around is this one,it´s been out since 2015.

https://dalneitzel.com/2015/01/17/not-ju...-solution/

Not sure how I missed that. Really good gridding (they had the mind to find the real grid box that the poem has). I am always fascinated when anagrammers and numbers people do their thing, but it always comes without some revealed, clear-cut set of directions in the poem to do so. Directions are in there - to *somewhat* similar things. I am surprised the person didn't get the "A = 1" and just started doing the substitution. That's how I started, under presumption that something *must* be in substitution. I later found the instructions locked inside to do steps.
07-29-2020, 09:27 PM,
(07-29-2020, 11:19 AM)Beavertooth Wrote:
(07-29-2020, 05:33 AM)total1ty Wrote: I will start to read any solve but if it takes a paragraph of some rare historical fact from 400 years ago just to get to your wwwh then I stop reading.

I don't know what's so rare about something most children are taught in school, and most everyone who looks up at night aren't curious about (moon, stars, craters on the moon, planets, constellations, comets, etc.). Just about everyone who visits or lives at the seashore are curious about tides (caused by the moon). So stars, tides, missing "d's", praying for "d's", Miss "F" or "d" all could easily lead a searcher to 400-year-old events and/or a secret weir. Heck, you could find the secret weir just by using Google Earth to look at the Firehole River (Oops, was that a rare part of many searches?). After you notice the secret weir at the top of the Kepler Cascades, you could then notice that Kepler fits more with the poem than any other solve you have seen.

I tend to respect other people's solves, with only a few exceptions.

If you are saying you had a simple solve at the end of May that was "fun", are you suggesting you found the chest and are to be congratulated? If so, prepare to be inundated by comments from the vast majority of searchers, who believe the finder is a jackass. If you are claiming to be the finder and are putting out "tease" posts, you are worse than a jackass. If not, what the hell does your comment mean?

If only you knew. I only speak about these things in private.
07-30-2020, 10:20 PM,
https://youtu.be/U4WiyxXpyZc

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  is anyone interested in actually finishing this? lead searcher 33 3,782 06-06-2020, 10:22 PM
Last Post: Top Secret
  For those interested... Mindy 1 1,140 11-26-2018, 04:07 PM
Last Post: mrmagicarovrumrebel
  This is what interested me in Aqua Fria Peak, 10 minutes into my search... Gordon Lightfoot 7 4,432 07-02-2017, 09:31 AM
Last Post: The Count
  im sorry Dal and all bloggers lostowl 5 2,838 04-24-2017, 11:56 PM
Last Post: Itchy Ideas
  Is F interested in the finder? HarryFool 5 2,030 06-30-2015, 11:49 AM
Last Post: Guest
  Have you talked to people that just arent interested? tomwhat 32 19,213 08-13-2013, 08:01 PM
Last Post: wishiIwasRich