Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Real Blaze
07-28-2020, 10:10 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-28-2020, 10:20 PM by trigace.)
The Real Blaze
Beavertooth doesn't like anyone hijacking someone else's thread and Becky from West Virginia thinks we start too many new threads instead of using someone else's thread. What to do...

Well this new thread will address the real blaze that no one has ever addressed, except me.

The poem says, "If you've been wise and found the blaze, look quickly down your quest to cease."

The location I've found that fits this line to a tee also fits the previous and subsequent clues. All can be found on the ground or related thereto.

First, in order to understand the adjoining wording of the blaze clue, I will explain what the blaze is. It is two things, one visible and the other understood. The visible blaze is a many miles long swath of land where vegetation has been removed and regrown in order to excavate a trench, or trenches, to bury a natural gas line. It's about 200 feet wide and like a long blaze across the country side going for many miles. The contrast in vegetation where the pipe(s) have been buried makes it very visible on the ground or from Google Earth.

The understood explanation of what the blaze is, is knowing that a natural gas line is used as a fuel for furnaces, water heaters, stoves, etc. They all use a flame or a BLAZE for the heat.

Now, the adjoining words leading up to the blaze clue are, "If you've been wise..." If you've been a customer of the company that sells this natural gas found in this gas line you have received regular billings from them. On these billings and also in much of there public advertisements they say to "Be thermwise." It's their motto. So if you were thermwise you may have found the blaze.

Now if that's not convincing enough then let's look at the poem words after the blaze. "Look quickly down your QUEST to cease." If you have found the blaze then you would be able to see the name of the natural gas company that is posted on signs every couple of hundred feet along the gas line. Guess what....it is "Questar Gas Company"!

So then you must look quickly down the gas line to where it ceases. At the location where you are led by previous clues to find the gas line (blaze), the gas line goes left generally uphill and back down generally downhill. So you must look (and go) quickly because you must turn 90 degrees to the right, downhill. When you follow the gas line down far enough you get to a location where the gas line appears to stop, or cease. It is where the line goes under a river and then turns left. At that same location the river makes an "S" bend which looks like 2 C's, or "...to cease."

From there the next clue goes the opposite direction as does the gas line.

From all the meandering of the gas line, Fenn could not give a specific direction that it faced.

It might be possible to remove the gas line but it wouldn't be feasible, as Fenn said.

On the cover of his "Once Upon a While" book Fenn showed a drawing of a man fishing with a STAR on the end of his line. The gas LINE is (was) owned by QUESTAR, and others.

Didn't Fenn run a gas line out to his garage when he fist started doing his foundry (found the blaze) work? And he has talked about flames several times.

All the wanna be blazes don't hold a candle to this blaze.

By the way, the name of the blaze has been changed. It is no longer Questar. It is now known by another name. So this clue has somewhat changed and might be harder to decipher for some. This is also the case for the "tarry scant" clue/hint. It has changed. As has the final level of the "in the wood" clue.

This may be another reason that Fenn decided to end the chase....some of the clues no longer worked, or could be found.
07-28-2020, 10:31 PM,
The Real Blaze
I like this one...

“If one stands in the evening when the sun is setting and the shadows are already cast over the valleys, on the swell above the church of Santa Clara, he will see the snow peaks glowing for a little while in fiery red. The crags of the Truchas blaze like flowing ore.” —Alphonse Bandelier

That’s how you found a blaze.
07-29-2020, 07:54 AM,
RE: The Real Blaze
Hard to imagine the chase being solved if it was based on the lifespan of a commercial enterprise.
07-29-2020, 10:58 AM,
Pull my finger! Smile

But I do like "quest" and "star" as a concept.

Since I don't want to hijack your thread, I will leave it at that.
07-29-2020, 03:42 PM,
(07-28-2020, 10:10 PM)trigace Wrote: Beavertooth doesn't like anyone hijacking someone else's thread and Becky from West Virginia thinks we start too many new threads instead of using someone else's thread. What to do...

Well this new thread will address the real blaze that no one has ever addressed, except me.

The poem says, "If you've been wise and found the blaze, look quickly down your quest to cease."

The location I've found that fits this line to a tee also fits the previous and subsequent clues. All can be found on the ground or related thereto.

First, in order to understand the adjoining wording of the blaze clue, I will explain what the blaze is. It is two things, one visible and the other understood. The visible blaze is a many miles long swath of land where vegetation has been removed and regrown in order to excavate a trench, or trenches, to bury a natural gas line. It's about 200 feet wide and like a long blaze across the country side going for many miles. The contrast in vegetation where the pipe(s) have been buried makes it very visible on the ground or from Google Earth.

The understood explanation of what the blaze is, is knowing that a natural gas line is used as a fuel for furnaces, water heaters, stoves, etc. They all use a flame or a BLAZE for the heat.

Now, the adjoining words leading up to the blaze clue are, "If you've been wise..." If you've been a customer of the company that sells this natural gas found in this gas line you have received regular billings from them. On these billings and also in much of there public advertisements they say to "Be thermwise." It's their motto. So if you were thermwise you may have found the blaze.

Now if that's not convincing enough then let's look at the poem words after the blaze. "Look quickly down your QUEST to cease." If you have found the blaze then you would be able to see the name of the natural gas company that is posted on signs every couple of hundred feet along the gas line. Guess what....it is "Questar Gas Company"!

So then you must look quickly down the gas line to where it ceases. At the location where you are led by previous clues to find the gas line (blaze), the gas line goes left generally uphill and back down generally downhill. So you must look (and go) quickly because you must turn 90 degrees to the right, downhill. When you follow the gas line down far enough you get to a location where the gas line appears to stop, or cease. It is where the line goes under a river and then turns left. At that same location the river makes an "S" bend which looks like 2 C's, or "...to cease."

From all the meandering of the gas line, Fenn could not give a specific direction that it faced.

It might be possible to remove the gas line but it wouldn't be feasible, as Fenn said.

On the cover of his "Once Upon a While" book Fenn showed a drawing of a man fishing with a STAR on the end of his line. The gas LINE is (was) owned by QUESTAR, and others.

Didn't Fenn run a gas line out to his garage when he fist started doing his foundry (found the blaze) work? And he has talked about flames several times.

By the way, the name of the blaze has been changed. It is no longer Questar. It is now known by another name. So this clue has somewhat changed and might be harder to decipher for some. This is also the case for the "tarry scant" clue/hint. It has changed. As has the final level of the "in the wood" clue.

This may be another reason that Fenn decided to end the chase....some of the clues no longer worked, or could be found.

Have you ever thought about writing a novel? You seem to have a knack
for fiction. Either way, if you keep writing, you'll keep living. You know
that I know that you already knew that.
07-29-2020, 04:38 PM,
(07-29-2020, 03:42 PM)legacyhelper Wrote:
(07-28-2020, 10:10 PM)trigace Wrote: Beavertooth doesn't like anyone hijacking someone else's thread and Becky from West Virginia thinks we start too many new threads instead of using someone else's thread. What to do...

What I've written is no novel. These are facts that can be verified on the ground. Try it. Google Questar.
07-30-2020, 02:16 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-30-2020, 02:17 AM by Shark.)
(07-29-2020, 04:38 PM)trigace Wrote:

What I've written is no novel. These are facts that can be verified on the ground. Try it. Google Questar.

I have followed your posts for years. You are a very intelligent person and I thought you may be hot on the trail based on various posts over the years

With that said, I am a bit taken aback by your blaze solution. As a poster above alluded to, to create a poem that took 15 years to write and have it withstand 1,000 years it is not even remotely POSSIBLE this is the solution. A random company will not last 1,000 years - remember he 'thought of everything'. Not only that he was very clear specialized knowledge and research were not needed, just a good sense of geography (paraphrasing of course).

None of what you posted was convincing to me in the slightest. A couple coincidences at the level we've seen countless times here. OH!'s coordinate solve with over 100 confirmers is leaps and bounds ahead.
07-30-2020, 09:01 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-30-2020, 09:06 AM by trigace.)
(07-30-2020, 02:16 AM)Shark Wrote:
(07-29-2020, 04:38 PM)trigace Wrote:

I have followed your posts for years. You are a very intelligent person and I thought you may be hot on the trail based on various posts over the years

With that said, I am a bit taken aback by your blaze solution. As a poster above alluded to, to create a poem that took 15 years to write and have it withstand 1,000 years it is not even remotely POSSIBLE this is the solution. A random company will not last 1,000 years - remember he 'thought of everything'. Not only that he was very clear specialized knowledge and research were not needed, just a good sense of geography (paraphrasing of course).

None of what you posted was convincing to me in the slightest. A couple coincidences at the level we've seen countless times here. OH!'s coordinate solve with over 100 confirmers is leaps and bounds ahead.

Well, Shark, I've said it before and I'll say it again: Forrest didn't say all the clues had to last for 1,000 years. He said something more like most of them probably would be around in 100 or maybe 1,000 years. Most isn't all and probably isn't for sure.

There are four aspects to the blaze: The Questar Company (which is now called Dominion Energy) with it's name and motto, "Be Thermwise," the physical scar on the ground that looks like a blaze, and the buried pipeline that carries the natural gas to fuel many blazes. You discount my blaze because one of four aspects of it might change yet you accept others' blazes that only have one identifiable aspect to begin with. Hmmm....

Forrest only thought he thought of everything. Apparently he didn't, unless he planned the ending to upset so many people.

You don't need special knowledge to recognize a gas line. Signs are posted every couple of hundred feet saying what is buried under the cleared "blaze." And if you can't figure out what natural gas is used for, then it's really sad and no wonder people can't solve this thing.

Is it just coincidence that my blaze (Fenn's blaze) has so many confirmatory words in just one sentence? Is it coincidence that the blaze is found along an intermittent stream (no paddling) that has a name that is regularly hinted at by Fenn and that has at it's headwaters (high up) a lake and a gravel pit where semi trucks (heavy loads) are regularly hauling material out.? And that at "your quest to cease" there could be seen a tarry scant, a short section of paved road where the rest was gravel. And with a marvel gaze, a body of mossy(?), stagnant water that has a marbled appearance? And then that the 5th clue takes you to the last four clues which fit ground images perfectly?

Shark, I've read some of your posts but I don't know how intelligent you are. But if you can't see how these things I've described fit Fenn's poem then I understand why you and many others can't solve the clues correctly. But it's really a simple method. Just follow the clues on the ground, in order. Don't assign numbers to the letters in the poem. Don't make crossword puzzles or charts out of the poem. And you don't need to study the stars or ancient history or have any other specialized knowledge.

Forget about the first stanza until after you get to the final search area, as described by clues 6, 7, 8, and 9. The first stanza describes the final search area and helps with the solve to those last 4 clues.

I have only given out all this recent information because Fenn has prematurely ended the chase.