Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Q & A
07-29-2020, 02:04 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-29-2020, 02:14 PM by NTMI.)
Q & A
Most people don't want to let go of a solve if they think it has any chance of being right, even though the chase has been declared over by the person who brought it to life in the first place. When the person that allegedly found it finally does come forward, they will be reviled for being successful yet not having revealed their solve. But any attempt to reveal a solve has always been met with ridicule or other forms of belittling from the pundits and the know-it-alls. So how does one go about revealing their solve in a way that can be both acceptable and accepted by the search community?

I have an idea. The chase is over, the treasure has been found - but the answers still hang in the balance. I will try to solicit the answers from the group through a Q & A session that will present a picture that might convince people that the answers are, in fact, known by everyone.

Hope you're all with me on this. My first question will be asked of a private e-mail that Forrest sent the founder of this blog, Stephanie.

Stephanie recently revealed a private e-mail from Forrest on this site that he sent her before the chase went big-time. Did anyone ever look at a phone dial to see what information the last number of a phone dial contains? Here is a picture of a phone dial.

[img] https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c...rydial.JPG[/img]

In that e-mail, he wrote "Here is a riddle that will tell you where the treasure is". He also wrote:

"Ifyouloo
katthatfinalnumbe
ronyourphon
edialitw
illgiveahinta
boutwherethetreas
ureisbuty
ouhaveonlya33%c
hanceofgettingtherigh
tanswerandIdon'tg
uaran
teemyfigur
es. f"

What general location might be guessed from looking at that pic? HINT: 5-letter word
07-29-2020, 02:53 PM,
RE: Q & A
I like the idea. I like my solve. No idea what the answer is.
07-29-2020, 03:04 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-29-2020, 03:06 PM by admin.)
Hmmm wouldn't the phone dial have your home number...it's at home! The dial phones always had your home number in the center.

Oh and why would the "finder" feel uncomfortable giving the correct solve? Unless Forrest is the finder....because he is uncomfortable telling people it was somewhere where it wasn't.
© Stephanie
07-29-2020, 04:19 PM,
(07-29-2020, 02:04 PM)NTMI Wrote: Most people don't want to let go of a solve if they think it has any chance of being right, even though the chase has been declared over by the person who brought it to life in the first place. When the person that allegedly found it finally does come forward, they will be reviled for being successful yet not having revealed their solve. But any attempt to reveal a solve has always been met with ridicule or other forms of belittling from the pundits and the know-it-alls. So how does one go about revealing their solve in a way that can be both acceptable and accepted by the search community?

I have an idea. The chase is over, the treasure has been found - but the answers still hang in the balance. I will try to solicit the answers from the group through a Q & A session that will present a picture that might convince people that the answers are, in fact, known by everyone.

Hope you're all with me on this. My first question will be asked of a private e-mail that Forrest sent the founder of this blog, Stephanie.

Stephanie recently revealed a private e-mail from Forrest on this site that he sent her before the chase went big-time. Did anyone ever look at a phone dial to see what information the last number of a phone dial contains? Here is a picture of a phone dial.

[img] https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c...rydial.JPG[/img]

In that e-mail, he wrote "Here is a riddle that will tell you where the treasure is". He also wrote:

"Ifyouloo
katthatfinalnumbe
ronyourphon
edialitw
illgiveahinta
boutwherethetreas
ureisbuty
ouhaveonlya33%c
hanceofgettingtherigh
tanswerandIdon'tg
uaran
teemyfigur
es. f"

What general location might be guessed from looking at that pic? HINT: 5-letter word

This riddle is actually fairly easy to solve once you have the general search area. It was an early confirmation for me.

There are 10 numbered positions on the phone dial. The 10 numbers don't move but you can rotate the disc from the finger hole of any number. The disc can be manually rotated only as far as the stop bar. Then by removing your finger the disc automatically reverses and returns to where it was started.

It is similar to the search area where there is a large mechanized sprinkler system that has 10 drive wheel supports. These drive wheels move the sprinkler line in 10 arcs, each with a set of 3 wheels following 10 paths, creating GROOVES in the ground, that you could call "in the wood."

The sprinklers rotate clockwise to a reversing point at the end of the field where they then go back counterclockwise to the other end of the field and again reverse directions. The approximate total rotation goes through about 180 degrees. You know, kinda like a rainbow, or half a pie, or the big hand of a clock, or time. Sound familiar?

This is also where Fenn said he went to the Borders Book Store in the RAIN (sprinkler water) both days. The store girl is the sprinkler line, who tossed her thick braids back and forth (the end sprinkler has a large impact sprinkler head that shoots water out for over 100 feet and rotates back and forth.) She felt proud because you could see it in her strut (the sprinkler pipe is supported by a network of struts all the way along the line.

Fenn said that the coffee cup from which the girl drank nearly covered her whole face. Well along one side of the field adjacent to where the sprinkler line reverses is the large outlined image of a large cup with a handle, that extends to almost the full length of the sprinkler line (the girl's face).

The books that the girl shows Fenn in the bookstore are represented by images around the outside of the sprinkled area. The most important "book" was "Catcher in the Rye" because there is a pond/swamp/FEN that is in the shape of a catcher's mitt or at least an open hand. All around the hand grows rye grass, but nowhere else.

There are dozens of other confirmation hints in this area, like he said that the TTOTC book has hints SPRINKLED throughout it.

The poem not only leads you to this location (that's how I found it) but also through it, using it's images and directing you to draw additional lines. (The end is ever drawing nigh.)
07-29-2020, 09:59 PM,
Phone. It would mean homophone. The end of the solve. Any ideas what I mean? It's not a direct single stage entry to the last clue- it is 2-layered. He toyed with the end right there. He even showed A = 1, the analog beginning too.
07-29-2020, 10:56 PM,
Q & A
The last number is 9, and the general area is WY. It’s a guess at the keyword.
07-29-2020, 11:04 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-29-2020, 11:06 PM by NTMI.)
(07-29-2020, 03:04 PM)admin Wrote: Hmmm wouldn't the phone dial have your home number...it's at home! The dial phones always had your home number in the center.

Oh and why would the "finder" feel uncomfortable giving the correct solve? Unless Forrest is the finder....because he is uncomfortable telling people it was somewhere where it wasn't.

Steph, the phone number was only in the phone that the phone company (Mountain Bell, in my childhood) installed. The last digit of your phone number had nothing to do with your home - and business numbers CERTAINLY had nothing to do with homes. If you broke your phone, the replacement didn't come with a number in it.

Anyone else? I still haven't seen the answer I'm looking for...

(07-29-2020, 10:56 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: The last number is 9, and the general area is WY. It’s a guess at the keyword.
That's - hmmm, that's a good answer! But not what I was seeking. And WY is not a five letter word.
07-29-2020, 11:14 PM,
Q & A
Well, I meant I’d have to guess at the keyword.
07-29-2020, 11:18 PM,
(07-29-2020, 11:14 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: Well, I meant I’d have to guess at the keyword.
Cool! I mean no disrespect. In fact, you're from SW CO, I hunted elk and deer for years from Tucker Ponds by the Highway 160 tunnel to Elwood Pass.

I'd love to hoist a beer with you someday!
07-29-2020, 11:23 PM,
Q & A
I love those mountains. It’s a shame about the trees, but it’s still very beautiful.