Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Q & A
07-29-2020, 11:32 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-29-2020, 11:50 PM by NTMI.)
RE: Q & A
(07-29-2020, 11:23 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: I love those mountains. It’s a shame about the trees, but it’s still very beautiful.
Indeed!

On Jenny Kile's site going back to 2013, there's a link to a write-up on the Sator square. The original Sator squares were considered Rotas squares, the Sator format became popular in more recent history. What are the 16th thru the 20th letters (if you harken back to 1620) of a Sator square?

HINT: There are supposedly 5 words to the square - but in reality, the last three words are backwards arrangements of the first three words.

So in actuality you have a 33% chance of getting the right answer!
07-30-2020, 06:50 AM,
The last number on a dial phone is zero, or 0 for OPERATOR. I don't know how that relates to a location, but it certainly describes Fenn.
07-30-2020, 07:09 AM,
(07-30-2020, 06:50 AM)old drum Wrote: The last number on a dial phone is zero, or 0 for OPERATOR. I don't know how that relates to a location, but it certainly describes Fenn.

That's funny lol.
© Stephanie
07-30-2020, 10:42 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-30-2020, 11:09 AM by NTMI.)
(07-30-2020, 06:50 AM)old drum Wrote: The last number on a dial phone is zero, or 0 for OPERATOR. I don't know how that relates to a location, but it certainly describes Fenn.

Funny, one of the 2 greeting cards I ever sent him had a kid running on the side of a hill with a home-made superhero outfit and a big 0 - or O - on the boy's chest. The inside of the card read "You wear it well." Could I have been that prophetic?

I'm not here to impugn anyone's character, though - I'm here to crowd-source an idea through Q & A, and congratulate Bill aka Old Drum.

My hint is a 5-letter word that is contained within the word OPERATOR, old drum.

Has anyone come up with the answer on the Sator square yet? The 16th thru 20th letters. Where's Astree when we need him (her)?
07-30-2020, 12:37 PM,
perro = ∂09
07-30-2020, 11:35 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-30-2020, 11:46 PM by NTMI.)
(07-30-2020, 12:37 PM)davidkindc Wrote: perro = ∂09
Certainly a 5-letter word, but I believe that Forrest favored French when he was inclined to use another language. I’ll be citing examples in upcoming posts.

Sator square?

[Image: Sator_Square_at_Opp%C3%A8de.jpg]
08-01-2020, 11:18 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-01-2020, 11:57 PM by NTMI.)
Nobody offered up the Sator/Rotas square observation, (or answered the question) so let me try to convince you with a less subtle question.

I'll preface the question with the Flywater chapter of TTOTC, top of page 125. "Those great places, which were personal secrets to me then, are now busy with the flourish of fishermen and women who cast a midge or floating cadis..."

...and then again, in the closing sentence of the chapter, "And when my tackle box is closed at last and the cadis hatch is gone,..." So, not one cadis, but TWO! Apparently he's no fan of Gerry Rafferty, but surely an avowed angler of his intellect would know the correct spelling of the word. And that brings me to my question:

The last line of the poem is "I give you title to the gold."

What is The Two Cadis the title of?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXW-sL5gzHQ
08-02-2020, 12:46 AM,
Q & A
Well, I looked it up. It’s an OPERA.
08-02-2020, 12:26 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-02-2020, 12:35 PM by NTMI.)
Well, thanks and good on ya, crazyfamily! I've taken an interest in your thread about Forrest messing with you, so this next post will be a two-fer, with one question just for you. Your question is:

What are the duties of a stickman?

https://dalneitzel.com/2019/10/28/scrapb...wenty-one/

When Forrest became annoyed on Mexico beach while stationed in FL, he used a stick to release a torrent to spite some tourists that he perceived as trespassers (and shell poachers!) walking along behind he and Peggy's rented residence on their "private" beach. He even sketched some stick figures for emphasis. He also made the point about hurricane Michael and how warm waters can make a not-so-nice vacation.

"What surprises me is that so many ignore the first clue in the poem. Without it all the searcher has is the memory of a nice vacation."

I've been to Mexico Beach, FL. I haven't "been to Nice, (nor) the isle of Greece..."
But I know that Nice has beaches, due to it's location on the French Riviera.

The question for everybody is: What is the oldest "private" beach of Nice?

HINT: they call it a Plage over there.
08-02-2020, 12:34 PM,
(07-29-2020, 02:04 PM)NTMI Wrote: Most people don't want to let go of a solve if they think it has any chance of being right, even though the chase has been declared over by the person who brought it to life in the first place. When the person that allegedly found it finally does come forward, they will be reviled for being successful yet not having revealed their solve. But any attempt to reveal a solve has always been met with ridicule or other forms of belittling from the pundits and the know-it-alls. So how does one go about revealing their solve in a way that can be both acceptable and accepted by the search community?

I have an idea. The chase is over, the treasure has been found - but the answers still hang in the balance. I will try to solicit the answers from the group through a Q & A session that will present a picture that might convince people that the answers are, in fact, known by everyone.

Hope you're all with me on this. My first question will be asked of a private e-mail that Forrest sent the founder of this blog, Stephanie.

Stephanie recently revealed a private e-mail from Forrest on this site that he sent her before the chase went big-time. Did anyone ever look at a phone dial to see what information the last number of a phone dial contains? Here is a picture of a phone dial.

[img] https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c...rydial.JPG[/img]

In that e-mail, he wrote "Here is a riddle that will tell you where the treasure is". He also wrote:

"Ifyouloo
katthatfinalnumbe
ronyourphon
edialitw
illgiveahinta
boutwherethetreas
ureisbuty
ouhaveonlya33%c
hanceofgettingtherigh
tanswerandIdon'tg
uaran
teemyfigur
es. f"

What general location might be guessed from looking at that pic? HINT: 5-letter word

9 has WXY. X is in WY