Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Q & A
08-05-2020, 01:07 AM,
RE: Q & A
(08-05-2020, 12:52 AM)wishiIwasRich Wrote:
(08-01-2020, 11:18 PM)NTMI Wrote: Nobody offered up the Sator/Rotas square observation, (or answered the question) so let me try to convince you with a less subtle question.

I'll preface the question with the Flywater chapter of TTOTC, top of page 125. "Those great places, which were personal secrets to me then, are now busy with the flourish of fishermen and women who cast a midge or floating cadis..."

...and then again, in the closing sentence of the chapter, "And when my tackle box is closed at last and the cadis hatch is gone,..." So, not one cadis, but TWO! Apparently he's no fan of Gerry Rafferty, but surely an avowed angler of his intellect would know the correct spelling of the word. And that brings me to my question:

The last line of the poem is "I give you title to the gold."

What is The Two Cadis the title of?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXW-sL5gzHQ
Do you see the word "Operator" spelled out all around the"Sator square".

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

Yes I have, and you know what I just noticed? That your moniker is WishiIwasRich, when up until now I thought it was WishIwasRich. Is there a story behind that?
08-05-2020, 05:40 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-05-2020, 05:46 AM by wishiIwasRich.)
Q & A
Nah, I just got fat fingers! Couldn't every change it. Still wish I was rich!

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk
08-07-2020, 02:24 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-07-2020, 02:29 AM by NTMI.)
OK folks, I'm back. I see no one ventured a guess on the duties of the stickman, so I'll just drop that one for now. But I'm a little bit dumbfounded that no one posted the driving distance from the Fenn residence to the Santa Fe Opera! If you need any more convincing, in the interview conducted by Lorene Mills, dated 11-03-2012, @ 19:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQrXV2VV4Kw

Forrest tells of how he hid it "in the mountains north of Santa Fe." He immediately followed up that statement with a disclosure about an unnamed neighbor that was mad at him because a couple of people were digging up her yard. "I told her to tell them that it's north of Santa Fe." What are the odds that if that story was true, the neighbor ALSO lived on Old Santa Fe Trail?

It's one of those 85-15 things, I reckon. Oh, and how about this one? Same interview, a little bit earlier, at about 13:25

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQrXV2VV4Kw

He mentions Lillian Gish, the silent movie star. According to his recollection, she had memory issues. But if you read this People magazine article from February of 87 - about 8 months after the June 86 piece about him and his gallery, or about four months before his 1 yr. free subscription ran out - you'll see that;
1) Lillian Gish had full command of her memory, regaling her audience with stories of her early life, and
2) Forrest lifted a line about her family dynamic, and used it to describe aspects of his own life!

https://people.com/archive/lillian-gish-vol-27-no-6/

Heck, I guess I wouldn't have been surprised if he had referred to her as an opera singer.

So here's the question:

Which line from that article did he use?
08-08-2020, 01:11 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-08-2020, 01:29 AM by NTMI.)
(08-07-2020, 10:51 PM)davidkindc Wrote: Here's how I'd answer a couple of outstanding questions...

--------
Approximate distance from Mr. Fenn's current residence to the Santa Fe Opera - Somewhere in the range of 8 1/2 miles.

I'm guessing that Mr. Fenn is a generous patron of the Santa Fe Opera (among other organizations), but it doesn't feel right to me as the treasure's (former) location.

--------
Role of the stickman - Assuming the context is craps, the stickman's role includes the following: gathering the dice and giving them to the shooter, collecting bets at the center of the table, managing the game's pace, and convincing players to make bad bets.

I have no comment about how any of those tasks might or might not relate to the "chase".

They don't, but there's context involved. Having an opera house at that location led me to believe that it may be at an opera house - just not that one.

The stickman answer that you gave would establish that the stickman controls the dice. I'm agreeable with that.

So here's what most would agree is more than a few dice. Now, some would see both columns and rows. For the purpose of answering the question, I will be referring to the rows.

[img] https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=...t=2&sim=11[/img]

Which two dice in the rows both a) add up to nine, and b) are contiguous?

HINT: It's not a trick question, there's only two ways to get nine from a pair of dice...

(08-07-2020, 09:13 AM)crazyfamily Wrote: Me in the middle.
Correct sir! Fenn has also used the word dither in a scrapbook, in saying that he acquired his hat named Mildew from the son of a man named Dither. Now, I can see the coincidence in using one word, but a whole string of them in order is less of a coincidence than a form of plagiarism. It was also a pretty good hint...
08-08-2020, 01:48 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-08-2020, 02:04 AM by NTMI.)
(08-08-2020, 01:32 AM)crazyfamily Wrote: Well, 4+5=9.

Now, the dither comment is open to influence since it was not in TTOTC. In fact, I was emailing at the time of that SB, too, and it seemed heavily influenced by my email.

Mildew is military duty. Dither refers to analog instruments responding better during flight.

“In fact, the word dither means “nervous vibration.”

Engineers found that mechanical aircraft computers performed more accurately in flight than on the ground.

The vibration from the plane’s engine actually helped increase the accuracy of the sticky moving parts in the machines.”

My dad was a C130 navigator and I discussed some of this stuff with Forrest in those emails. The remainder of the SB is also derived from my emails ... coyote hunting in the bosque, the standing rock etc.

As far as dither goes, it wasn't in my vocabulary until recently. IN fact, I confess to looking it up on Bing, MSN's search engine. And I swear that this is what I found when I typed "definition of dither":

Dither | Definition of Dither at Dictionary.com
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/dither
a person who acts as though he or she knows everything and who dismisses the opinions, comments, or suggestions of others. a person who spends possessions or money extravagantly or wastefully; spendthrift. a well-intentioned but naive and often ineffectual social or …

When I clicked the link I couldn't find any such definition - I found that to be quite peculiar, and invite you to try it yourself! One more way he messes with us?

EDIT: On Google this comes up:

Dither | Definition of Dither at Dictionary.comwww.dictionary.com › browse › dither
verb (used without object). to act irresolutely; vacillate. North England. to tremble with excitement or fear.
08-08-2020, 08:37 AM,
Forrest talks a lot about hats. In my search area you must draw the lines that appear as a hat. In the center of the "hat" you also draw an oval (remember Ovaltine?) shape, which looks like a hole. The hat that Fenn got from the son of a man called Dither had a hole in it. He named the hat Mildew because the hat shape you draw is based on a natural slightly elongated "U" or a mild "U". The location of this hat is on private property owned by a father and son partnership. Guess what the name of the family is. Dickerson. It's not quite Dither-son but dang close. So a son of Mr. Dickerson gave (leased or agreed to sell) to Forrest the property where this "hat" was located. The property where Forrest hid the TC.
08-08-2020, 11:50 AM,
(08-08-2020, 01:32 AM)crazyfamily Wrote: Well, 4+5=9.

That was my answer too. In Gold And More Fenn writes "So I wrote a poem containing nine clues that if followed precisely will lead to the end of my rainbow and the treasure." Then in the Moby Dickens interview he says, when asked whether the clues came before the poem or after (paraphrased), said "They're contiguous. I knew where I wanted to hide the chest..."

Now, I understand that X amount of people can interpret anything that he says in X number of ways, and that is beautifully indicative of our human condition! I'm not saying that my solution to the chase is right (or more right than anybody else's) and I'm not saying that anyone or everyone else is wrong. The only thing I'm trying to point out at this time is that the answers may already be known by everyone in this chase and that so far you're proving my theory to be correct.

So, question - for anybody, don't be shy: What is the French word for "clue"?
08-08-2020, 05:05 PM,
Gun fights & rodeo scenes in performance art? Try a couple of Copland ballet suites
08-09-2020, 01:49 PM,
(08-08-2020, 03:31 PM)davidkindc Wrote: Interestingly, it's quite easy to bring together the seemingly unrelated topics of opera and craps in the context of discussing the Santa Fe Opera.

You're so right, and furthermore it's somewhat easy to bring together opera and ANY aspect of treasure hunting! For instance:

This is the Metropolitan Opera, also known as the MET, located in the Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts in NYC. Saturated in grandeur, the very meaning of opulence!

[Image: Metropolitan-Opera-House-Lincoln-Center-...-NYC-2.jpg]

and THIS
[Image: i86c768xzv1hf21i28mprah9g7uumm8]

well, this is a keep-it-simple MET, a KISMET as it were. It's an opera house too. All you Indiana Jones-types should check it out, because it's located in Sandwich! Indiana...

And look how easy it is to bring Indiana Jones together with Dr Pepper! LOL!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_conti...e=emb_logo

Question: Opera and yellow stone - possible?
08-09-2020, 05:26 PM,
(08-09-2020, 01:57 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: Alright, is this going anywhere?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Well, I suppose that depends on what you're willing to believe, crazyfamily. Forrest Fenn has announced that it's over. If you're willing to believe that he's being straightforward and upfront, then where this is going is irrelevant. And he named his dog Willie.

But if you're willing to believe that IT'S straightforward and upfront, then this is going to the opera! And Willie was named for the whale who wanted to sing at the MET.

Hey, I don't blame you if you want to believe Fenn - it's HIS game, after all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ly6B96vV...qXMOP2XV1V

And, for who ever heard of an operatic whale?