Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Q & A
08-09-2020, 07:58 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-09-2020, 07:59 PM by æ___.)
RE: Q & A
Oops, there goes another rubber tree plant. I've never MET an operatic whale, but I've known a little treant that took all the Tony's. Please don't ask me to explain
08-10-2020, 12:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-10-2020, 01:14 AM by NTMI.)
(08-09-2020, 05:54 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: An operatic whale? Look, I tried my best to prove the chest was either real, or fake. I could prove neither.

At this point I have no reason to believe that the chest was not retrieved by someone in Wyoming. I was seriously disappointed in the announcement because I had hoped that Forrest had more imagination than that.

So, continue with your analysis. I’ll decide for myself.

All I ask of everybody is an open mind.

Is there anybody that thinks that upon seeing this

[Image: search?view=detailV2&insightstoken=bcid_...vt=2&sim=1]

Fenn may have been reminded of this?

[Image: search?view=detailV2&insightstoken=bcid_...t=2&sim=11]

all rights reserved by Forrest Fenn, Dal Neitzel and that other photographer.
08-10-2020, 01:17 AM,
(08-10-2020, 12:59 AM)crazyfamily Wrote: Links are broken.
Just checked them on my end, they seem to work OK. If you can't get them on your end, PM me a website, I'll scrub the metadata and send them to you.
08-10-2020, 01:37 AM,
(08-10-2020, 01:24 AM)crazyfamily Wrote: No, can’t see them on Tapatalk or in web view. Sorry, I’m not sure what you mean by pm you a website. I don’t use anything like Dropbox etc.
Look at the very top of this page. On the right side of the selections you'll see Private Messages. Click on that and you'll see a private message (PM) from me. Since the treasure's been found, confidentiality is pretty much a moot point, but no one will be able to get your email address.
08-10-2020, 05:00 PM,
(08-10-2020, 01:04 PM)davidkindc Wrote:
(08-10-2020, 01:17 AM)NTMI Wrote: Just checked them on my end, they seem to work OK.
Those images don't come through on my end either...
Hmmm. My apologies, both of my computers just switched to Microsoft Edge recently, so I seem to be having trouble pushing links. I'll get it figured out.
08-15-2020, 05:00 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-23-2020, 01:55 PM by NTMI.)
(08-15-2020, 01:09 PM)davidkindc Wrote: This ? is of a different sort than those asked in this thread up to this point, but I'll ask it anyway...

What are folks' thoughts about the feasibility of accurately "solving" the poem without first having determined the correct "spot"?

Feasibility - that's like exploring the Missouri River with all of its tributaries - so, which aspect to explore? Do you want to explore practicality, practicability, value, reasonability, sensibility, etc. etc?

My answer, for all intents and purposes, would depend heavily upon the color of the "spot"...

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=...ajaxhist=0

Why? Because comfort comes from where you find it. Forrest said as much...
08-30-2020, 11:22 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-30-2020, 11:23 AM by NTMI.)
Quote:"I was going through my emails with Forrest and in one of them he told me it was less than 650 miles from Denver." -admin

The most telling hints about the chase are those that Forrest gave out before the chase went big in 2013.

More than 300 miles west of "Toledo"

More than 66000 links (appr. 8.25 miles) north of "Santa Fe"

And now, LESS than 650 miles from "Denver".

What's appr. 8.25 miles driving distance north of FF's Old "Santa Fe" Trail residence?
Santa Fe's Opera House

What's 650 miles driving distance from Denver? Yellowstone

Yellowstone and Opera. Opera and Yellowstone. Is it possible to extrapolate that "more than 300 miles west of Toledo" there might be an Opera House made of yellow stone?

Quote:The park contains the headwaters of the Yellowstone River, from which it takes its historical name. Near the end of the 18th century, French trappers named the river Roche Jaune, which is probably a translation of the Hidatsa name Mi tsi a-da-zi ("Yellow Rock River"). Later, American trappers rendered the French name in English as "Yellow Stone". Although it is commonly believed that the river was named for the yellow rocks seen in the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone, the Native American name source is unclear.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellowston...rk#History
08-30-2020, 01:26 PM,
All of the New Mexico region is in play...
08-30-2020, 02:06 PM,
(08-30-2020, 01:26 PM)5GIRLS Wrote: All of the New Mexico region is in play...

Quote:However, the finder understands how important some closure is for many searchers, so today he agreed that we should reveal that the treasure was found in Wyoming. -f

I haven't been able to find a place location named Yellowstone - or Yellow Stone - in New Mexico, but I know of one in Wyoming...
08-30-2020, 03:28 PM,
(08-15-2020, 01:09 PM)davidkindc Wrote: This ? is of a different sort than those asked in this thread up to this point, but I'll ask it anyway...

What are folks' thoughts about the feasibility of accurately "solving" the poem without first having determined the correct "spot"?

I don't know whether you are referring to the hidey spot.

If you are, solving of the poem is a prerequisite for BOTG finding the spot.