Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Q & A
08-30-2020, 03:37 PM,
RE: Q & A
(08-30-2020, 02:16 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: Tierra Amarilla?

PIEDRA, more to my recollection. But that’s coming from someone who bids people “vaya con queso”...
08-30-2020, 09:06 PM,
Hmmm. I can't find where it says Yellowstone in he poem.
08-30-2020, 09:33 PM,
(08-30-2020, 09:06 PM)5GIRLS Wrote: Hmmm. I can't find where it says Yellowstone in he poem.

But tarry scant = buttery scant = yellow stone
08-31-2020, 12:39 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-31-2020, 02:48 PM by NTMI.)
(08-30-2020, 09:06 PM)5GIRLS Wrote: Hmmm. I can't find where it says Yellowstone in he poem.

I can't find where it says lushly forested vegetation and canopy of stars in the poem. But I can find those at Yellowstone - and at the opera too.

Almost two weeks ago my wife spent the night at the hospital following an ablation procedure. After the 4+ hour long procedure, as she was waking from the anesthesia, the attending nurse shoved a sheet of paper in front of my wife's face that had an image on it. My wife was asked to describe what she saw in the picture. Somewhere in the hospital there was opera music wafting in the air.

I guess what I'm really trying to say is that you see what you want to see, and you hear what you want to hear. And you either find it or you don't.
08-31-2020, 03:59 PM,
(08-30-2020, 09:33 PM)Beavertooth Wrote:

But tarry scant = buttery scant = yellow stone

"but tarry scant with marvel gaze
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . in peace."
I have an EXACT meaning of this entire part. It is SO exact- it leaves no room for anything else. It is not interpretive- it is the final move.
09-12-2020, 01:22 PM,
Yellowstone and opera. Opera and yellow stone.

Back on page 4 of this post I showed a picture of a tower reminiscent of the diving tower of Fenn's young adulthood. What I didn't mention at the time is that it is opera related. What I also didn't mention is that the building it's attached to was once a courthouse, and also once contained, at times, a vault AND a jail. So that particular building was what came to mind when FF said (paraphrasing) the finder might want to put it in a vault for thirty days. See, back in the day, for minor infractions a judge typically handed down a 30 day sentence. Presently the vault IS displayed as a jail. And by-the-bye, there's also a visitor's log in there.

"I prayed for D(')s in all my classes, but no one ever listened." And that brings me to the question.

When you were in class and you wanted to be anywhere in the world other than where you were, what did you pray for?
Quote: "I don’t know, I feel halfway kind of glad, halfway kind of sad because the chase is over.” -f
09-12-2020, 03:18 PM,
(09-12-2020, 02:56 PM)davidkindc Wrote:
(09-12-2020, 01:22 PM)NTMI Wrote: When you were in class and you wanted to be anywhere in the world other than where you were, what did you pray for?

I was raised Catholic, so when I prayed it was usually "Our Fathers" or "Hail Marys". I also remember praying more than once as a kid to be dead. (I mostly outgrew all that. I'm good now. No need to call the County.)

I wish I could say that my prayers included earnest pleas for the end of disease and violence. (I don't think it counts that I occasionally prayed for the Soviets to spare DC from nuclear annihilation - this was the early 80's).

Probably not the answer you're looking for...

Interesting. I know a lady that - as a child - prayed every day to be hit by a bus. She had OCD and it had not yet been discovered, much less diagnosed. Therefore. she couldn't understand the misery she suffered!

When I was attending public school, as Forrest did, there were very few events that would cause class to be interrupted. If we wanted that to be the case, then the best we could do was to hope for one of those events...anybody? anybody?
Quote: "I don’t know, I feel halfway kind of glad, halfway kind of sad because the chase is over.” -f
09-12-2020, 09:36 PM,
(09-12-2020, 08:39 PM)davidkindc Wrote: [quote="crazyfamily" pid='241813' dateline='1599951637']
Air raid drill.

Yes, or along those lines. Anything that had to be announced by way of the school's alarm system. It seems unlikely, but schools in the 40s had them. However. before the advent of electricity, communities were notified of those events by way of a centrally located behemoth of a bell. There are many instances in which Forrest referenced bells. And sitting up on top of that tower in the picture (not the diving platform picture) was a GREAT BIG BELL, like the one that Forrest's father sent to the government war effort to "ring in the ears of Hitler and Hirohito".

Quote:Good answer. I'm too young to have experienced those but too old to have been subjected to "active shooter" drills. Fire drills were always a good time, though. Even for a kid with OCD.

NTMI - Bow drills or hand drills?

Not necessarily drills, but bell announced communication, davidkindc. In particular, scrapbook 172 - which outlines the agreed-to communication that Peggy could effect with the bell at the Fenn residence.

"Because it personally cannot relate its history, my bell tower invites little more than a curious glance. I wonder if the owners of my home a hundred years from now will appreciate the dichotomy that stands just off the east end of my portal." -f

Now, the bell tower that FF referenced in his backyard was little more than an old cedar pole, yet he wrote of it as "my bell tower". And I just know that you can guess in which direction that bell tower in the picture of Page 4 stands from the opera house made of yellow stone - the home of...
09-13-2020, 11:08 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-13-2020, 11:16 AM by trigace.)
(09-12-2020, 09:36 PM)NTMI Wrote:
(09-12-2020, 08:39 PM)davidkindc Wrote: [quote="crazyfamily" pid='241813' dateline='1599951637']
Air raid drill.

Yes, or along those lines. Anything that had to be announced by way of the school's alarm system. It seems unlikely, but schools in the 40s had them. However. before the advent of electricity, communities were notified of those events by way of a centrally located behemoth of a bell. There are many instances in which Forrest referenced bells. And sitting up on top of that tower in the picture (not the diving platform picture) was a GREAT BIG BELL, like the one that Forrest's father sent to the government war effort to "ring in the ears of Hitler and Hirohito".

Quote:Good answer. I'm too young to have experienced those but too old to have been subjected to "active shooter" drills. Fire drills were always a good time, though. Even for a kid with OCD.

Not necessarily drills, but bell announced communication, davidkindc. In particular, scrapbook 172 - which outlines the agreed-to communication that Peggy could effect with the bell at the Fenn residence.

"Because it personally cannot relate its history, my bell tower invites little more than a curious glance. I wonder if the owners of my home a hundred years from now will appreciate the dichotomy that stands just off the east end of my portal." -f

Now, the bell tower that FF referenced in his backyard was little more than an old cedar pole, yet he wrote of it as "my bell tower". And I just know that you can guess in which direction that bell tower in the picture of Page 4 stands from the opera house made of yellow stone - the home of...

You guys will never get it. The bell on top of the wood post just east of his back door refers to actual images in the search area. There is a huge bell image just east of an old log cabin's east door. And that bell image butts up against a large D-shaped sprinkled hayfield with 10 semicircular rings that look like tree rings of a huge tree.

The tree rings are the arced paths of ten wheelbases that support an 1800 foot long sprinkler line. The semicircular rings look like giant D's. On the end of the sprinkler line is a cantilevered upward sprinkler pipe that looks just like a "praying" mantis. So the praying mantis "prayed for D's" as it moved around the D arcs.

That sprinkler line is the object of Fenn's bookstore girl who showed her strut (struts supporting sprinkler pipe) and tossed her thick braids back and forth (large sprinkler head at end of pipe that sprays back and forth) like they had purpose. She had just raised her coffee cup to take a sip when Fenn noticed that the cup all but covered her whole face. Well folks, the coffee sipping girl is the sprinkler line with water being pumped through it. And when the sprinkler line is next to the large bell shaped image, which also looks just like a coffee cup with a handle, it could be imagined that the sprinkler line is sipping coffee from the cup.

The girl shows Fenn some books. One is "Catcher in the Rye." There's an image of a catcher's mitt or hand stretched out in a catching position. It is just above the D-shaped sprinkled field and it is surrounded in rye grass.

Another book she shows him is "For Whom the Bell Tolls". This is represented by the huge image of a bell, or coffee cup. "Tolls" is two L's which must be drawn next to and on the bell.

The Great Gatsby, emphasized by the two capital G's, is represented by the large catcher (hand) that also looks like a large cursive G.

Fenn said he had to stand in the long checkout line. This is also represented by the sprinkler line. He said it went very slow but finally moved upon the impulse selection of two borderline biddies preoccupied with some kind of breathtaking nonsense. The sprinkler line moves very slowly and is controlled by electrical impulses. The water is pumped from from a body of water that is near the border of private property. The biddies are geese that live in the area and honk out breathtaking nonsense when people get near.

There is a rusty/red old Ford pickup truck not far outside the "Border's Bookstore" (where it rained from the sprinkler pipes both trips to the store). Since it was not in the bookstore area it couldn't be considered a book so Fenn inferred that Robert Redford (the red pickup truck) never wrote anything.

There are dozens of other hints just in this "Important Literature" chapter. It can all be found in the final search area.

These images and this location are supported completely by following 7 of the 9 clues in consecutive order. The 8th and 9th clues must be solved in this area and must be used more than once. Most scrapbook hints relate directly to this area.

I think that Forrest arranged for the chest to be "found" whether he did it personally, which I doubt, or by someone else.
09-13-2020, 12:59 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-13-2020, 01:16 PM by NTMI.)
(09-13-2020, 11:08 AM)trigace Wrote:
(09-12-2020, 09:36 PM)NTMI Wrote:
Air raid drill.

You guys will never get it. The bell on top of the wood post just east of his back door refers to actual images in the search area. There is a huge bell image just east of an old log cabin's east door. And that bell image butts up against a large D-shaped sprinkled hayfield with 10 semicircular rings that look like tree rings of a huge tree.

The tree rings are the arced paths of ten wheelbases that support an 1800 foot long sprinkler line. The semicircular rings look like giant D's. On the end of the sprinkler line is a cantilevered upward sprinkler pipe that looks just like a "praying" mantis. So the praying mantis "prayed for D's" as it moved around the D arcs.

That sprinkler line is the object of Fenn's bookstore girl who showed her strut (struts supporting sprinkler pipe) and tossed her thick braids back and forth (large sprinkler head at end of pipe that sprays back and forth) like they had purpose. She had just raised her coffee cup to take a sip when Fenn noticed that the cup all but covered her whole face. Well folks, the coffee sipping girl is the sprinkler line with water being pumped through it. And when the sprinkler line is next to the large bell shaped image, which also looks just like a coffee cup with a handle, it could be imagined that the sprinkler line is sipping coffee from the cup.

The girl shows Fenn some books. One is "Catcher in the Rye." There's an image of a catcher's mitt or hand stretched out in a catching position. It is just above the D-shaped sprinkled field and it is surrounded in rye grass.

Another book she shows him is "For Whom the Bell Tolls". This is represented by the huge image of a bell, or coffee cup. "Tolls" is two L's which must be drawn next to and on the bell.

The Great Gatsby, emphasized by the two capital G's, is represented by the large catcher (hand) that also looks like a large cursive G.

Fenn said he had to stand in the long checkout line. This is also represented by the sprinkler line. He said it went very slow but finally moved upon the impulse selection of two borderline biddies preoccupied with some kind of breathtaking nonsense. The sprinkler line moves very slowly and is controlled by electrical impulses. The water is pumped from from a body of water that is near the border of private property. The biddies are geese that live in the area and honk out breathtaking nonsense when people get near.

There is a rusty/red old Ford pickup truck not far outside the "Border's Bookstore" (where it rained from the sprinkler pipes both trips to the store). Since it was not in the bookstore area it couldn't be considered a book so Fenn inferred that Robert Redford (the red pickup truck) never wrote anything.

There are dozens of other hints just in this "Important Literature" chapter. It can all be found in the final search area.

These images and this location are supported completely by following 7 of the 9 clues in consecutive order. The 8th and 9th clues must be solved in this area and must be used more than once. Most scrapbook hints relate directly to this area.

I think that Forrest arranged for the chest to be "found" whether he did it personally, which I doubt, or by someone else.

I admire your unwavering belief in your ideas, trigace, I honestly do. When I first heard about the chase, I was absolutely convinced that the treasure was hidden at Treasure Falls at the base of Wolf Creek Pass in SW Colorado. I just couldn't fathom that other searchers could come to any other conclusion, when all of the clues and hints pointed to Treasure Falls like one of those sign-twirled oversized arrows.

I'm curious, though - have you ever gone boots-on-the-ground at your site? I walked every square inch of Treasure Falls, and once I did I had to conclude that all of the disparaging that I did over other searchers' ideas was not really necessary nor was it appropriate. So, if I can prevent others from suffering that same humility....

(09-13-2020, 12:05 PM)davidkindc Wrote:
(09-12-2020, 09:36 PM)NTMI Wrote: And I just know that you can guess in which direction that bell tower in the picture of Page 4 stands from the opera house made of yellow stone - the home of...

Most folks would just say "across the street" I think. Some might add "and down the hill a bit". Maybe I'm being difficult.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEkcQvR70pU

Not at all, davidkindc. Watch the video for a minute from the 5:00 mark.