Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Q & A
09-14-2020, 03:34 PM,
RE: Q & A
(09-14-2020, 03:12 PM)trigace Wrote: The shape of many of the images on the ground at the final search area are man made. Such as the ants ear (answer), a trophy (trove), the giant D's (sprinkled semicircular field), the crescent moon, the fen (pond), and the many giant letters (C, D, E, F, G, K, M, S, U, and W.) Other shapes and letters must be drawn per poem directions.

This area was developed into a sprinkled farm in 2006 (as seen on GE for that year.) Those man made images were made at that time. I think Forrest may have had a hand in this development, especially the pond/fen. It was made to fit the clues he would put in his poem. The location is at a huge double omega image. It's border is fenced. You must go through a "maze" of brush to get to the search area, so you will be amazed. He made two trips to hide the TC because there are two partially hidden ditches with vegetation that you almost always trip over going in.

The field isn't exactly circular, there are aberrations around the edges.

You must save your best smile until after you raise the lid because the smile line of the largest D of the field is partially camouflaged with vegetation. That area of vegetation looks like the lid of a toilet (the bell/coffee cup image) that is partially down. If it could be raised, the full smile of the 10th D would be exposed.

The one who finds the TC will be the one who can best adjust. Best adjust = best add right. The last clue directs you to add lines to the right.

When you draw the lines for the position of the sprinkler line at two different locations that are about 30 degrees apart, as directed by the poem, it forms the image of cone, that is also the image of a vaulted, or arched ceiling. This is next to the search area. Fenn said the finder should put the TC in a vault for 30 days and think about it. "It" is actually one of the lines forming the vault (Why is "it" that I must go...) So he's hinting at the TC location being next to the 30 degree image vault formed by "it."

Fenn also said the TC is not on top of a mountain but it is near the TOP. The cone is also the shape of a TOP (a spinning toy that Forrest carved as a boy), so the TC is near the sprinkler lines that form a TOP image when the lines are drawn. The TC is not near the top of a mountain.

The pond/fen/G also looks like a giant bear. It is next to the top of the sprinkled field. Fenn said to go a certain distance (I think Fenn used a mile, but it doesn't matter what the distance is) in a straight line then turn right 90 degrees and continue to go another mile but along an arc or curved line, then turn right 90 degrees again and go in a straight line back to where you began. Then he asked what color was the bear? Well, if you follow his directions, starting at the base of the sprinkler line and go about 1800 feet in a straight line to the end of the sprinkler pipe then turn 90 degrees and go along a curved line the same distance - the outer curve of the sprinkled field - then turn 90 degrees and go back to where you began, you will have passed the pond-shaped bear near the end of the curved line portion of the walk. He described the pond shape and the sprinkler field in one story. No one got it.

Like I've said, I could go on and on with how his stories and hints fit this search area. But no one will get it.

Well, keep the faith, trigace. They'll probably get it once you have been given title to the gold. My goal is to get people to understand that the answers are out there.

And that Hope is purple.
Quote: "I don’t know, I feel halfway kind of glad, halfway kind of sad because the chase is over.” -f
09-14-2020, 03:43 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-14-2020, 03:45 PM by trigace.)
NTMI,
Assume that you actually could talk to the real finder and he described to you his solution to all the clues and even how all the hints he found that fit in to confirm his location. Would you tell him that it was all just confirmation bias? Would you disregard his explanation and just say he probably just stumbled onto the TC?

There actually is a real solution to the clues and hints. How can you know that what I've described isn't the right one?

You need many more than one or two BOTG's to solve the clues corrrectly. And you need hundreds of hours of study and research.

Indulgence, as Fenn used it as a hint, means to indulge the ants. There are antbeds in the search area that must be used to draw the necessary lines to get to the correct TC location. Without knowing where they are and without using them from which to take measurements, you will fail. They are key.

Tarsan. I'm not sure why he started with this name. Maybe the tar of tarry scant and the san or sand in the search area?

As far as the I-O-U he might have left in the chest. There's actually an eye, an O, and a U that the chest could have been in or nearby. Just a guess.
09-14-2020, 04:19 PM,
(09-14-2020, 12:53 AM)NTMI Wrote: I neglected to ask a question on my last two posts, so here's an easy one.

When did FF first mention wanting to give people hope?

Margie Goldsmith article 4/11/2013 in the Huffington Post:
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/3-million...MctIRScgKz

Just a guess
09-14-2020, 04:32 PM,
Q & A
(09-14-2020, 03:02 PM)NTMI Wrote:
(09-14-2020, 01:38 PM)trigace Wrote:
(09-13-2020, 12:59 PM)NTMI Wrote: [quote="trigace" pid='241829' dateline='1600013286']
[quote="NTMI" pid='241817' dateline='1599964595']
[quote="davidkindc" pid='241816' dateline='1599961157']
[quote="crazyfamily" pid='241813' dateline='1599951637']
Air raid drill.

NTMI, how many times have you been "on the ground" searching? How many hints from the book, scrapbooks, or even the poem can you get to fit your ground searches?

One time. It's all I needed. Actually, that's not true. I went a second time to collect more evidence, but where I went had been scrubbed clean, from top to bottom. No matter, I had what I needed.

Others call it confirmation bias when you make your discoveries fit the clues. Here's a couple of examples of mine.

[Image: search?view=detailV2&ccid=R%2btjS1Iz&id=...ajaxhist=0]

This is a generic logo similar to what Opera browser uses. Big red O. It's universally employed by community opera companies as well. Now, sometime back, Forrest had said that he renamed the chest Indulgence. He also said that he originally named it Tarzan.
Why would he name it Tarzan?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NL7nP61-hk

He also mentioned an I "O" U that he may - or may not - have left in the chest.

It always makes sense to us, but trying to convince others can be a real pain, can't it?

Still looking to nail down a time frame of when Forrest said he wanted to give people hope.

You asked why he named it after Tarzan.
I enclose a picture. This was pretty much my solve.

[Image: 44ecfdc2ad047dc5094e18dc34c8fc54.jpg]
09-14-2020, 04:54 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-14-2020, 08:26 PM by NTMI.)
(09-14-2020, 03:43 PM)trigace Wrote: NTMI,
Assume that you actually could talk to the real finder and he described to you his solution to all the clues and even how all the hints he found that fit in to confirm his location. Would you tell him that it was all just confirmation bias? Would you disregard his explanation and just say he probably just stumbled onto the TC?

There actually is a real solution to the clues and hints. How can you know that what I've described isn't the right one?

You need many more than one or two BOTG's to solve the clues corrrectly. And you need hundreds of hours of study and research.

Indulgence, as Fenn used it as a hint, means to indulge the ants. There are antbeds in the search area that must be used to draw the necessary lines to get to the correct TC location. Without knowing where they are and without using them from which to take measurements, you will fail. They are key.

Tarsan. I'm not sure why he started with this name. Maybe the tar of tarry scant and the san or sand in the search area?

As far as the I-O-U he might have left in the chest. There's actually an eye, an O, and a U that the chest could have been in or nearby. Just a guess.

Thank you for helping me to make my point! How can I know that what you've described isn't the right solution? Absent some recognizable and tangible item from the chest - provided there IS actually a rewardable chest - I can't. That's why I'll NEVER tell somebody that they are wrong!

But your comment about how others will "never get it" because they don't have it in them to accept your version of the solution doesn't hold water. And as far as confirmation bias goes, I don't like that term. I like mdavis19, but in order to be slinging that term, I think that someone had better be able to back it up.

@ BT, thank you. It wasn't what I expected, because at one point he actually said he wanted to give people hope. However, 2013 was the year I was thinking, too. I'll explain why if somebody comes up with him actually saying that. He did bring it up in one of his last interviews after the "chest" was "found".

“We were going into a recession, and lots of people were losing their jobs; despair was written all over the headlines. And I just wanted to give some people hope and, and we, we did that,” he said.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/mysterious-dec...d=71130859

(09-14-2020, 04:32 PM)fromtheotherside Wrote:
(09-14-2020, 03:02 PM)NTMI Wrote: [quote="trigace" pid='241860' dateline='1600108690']
[quote="NTMI" pid='241839' dateline='1600019962']
[quote="trigace" pid='241829' dateline='1600013286']
[quote="NTMI" pid='241817' dateline='1599964595']
[quote="davidkindc" pid='241816' dateline='1599961157']
[quote="crazyfamily" pid='241813' dateline='1599951637']
Air raid drill.

You asked why he named it after Tarzan.

Calvin and Hobbes - my all-time favorite! LOL!
Quote: "I don’t know, I feel halfway kind of glad, halfway kind of sad because the chase is over.” -f
09-14-2020, 05:39 PM,
(09-14-2020, 04:32 PM)fromtheotherside Wrote: You asked why he named it after Tarzan.

LOL -- That is funny. Forrest would have enjoyed it -- I hope you sent it to him.
09-15-2020, 07:58 AM,
(09-14-2020, 03:34 PM)NTMI Wrote: ...And that Hope is purple.

Well, being from Temple was part of his origin story.

An album titled Hope was released by an independent band from Atlanta in Fall 2014. That period of time pre-dates my knowledge of the treasure by almost 3 years. I don't know if Mr. Fenn particulary enjoyed the band's music, but he probably admired how they do things (if he knew of them at all).
09-15-2020, 12:35 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-15-2020, 12:44 PM by fromtheotherside.)
Q & A
(09-14-2020, 05:39 PM)Beavertooth Wrote:
(09-14-2020, 04:32 PM)fromtheotherside Wrote: You asked why he named it after Tarzan.

LOL -- That is funny. Forrest would have enjoyed it -- I hope you sent it to him.

Unfortunately no. I decided to follow general advice not to send him emails. At the same time I know he knew how much we loved the old man and his chase.
I know as well that he had his giggle moments because of us just like I have had because of him. And for me Calvin & Hobbes has offered so many chase related laughs I can’t even count. I recommend.

Here is another one.

[Image: a34f90fc4346b7b7b93c35c2e327a862.jpg]

And hint of riches new and old.
09-15-2020, 01:46 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-15-2020, 02:03 PM by NTMI.)
(09-15-2020, 07:58 AM)davidkindc Wrote:
(09-14-2020, 03:34 PM)NTMI Wrote: ...And that Hope is purple.

Well, being from Temple was part of his origin story.

An album titled Hope was released by an independent band from Atlanta in Fall 2014. That period of time pre-dates my knowledge of the treasure by almost 3 years. I don't know if Mr. Fenn particulary enjoyed the band's music, but he probably admired how they do things (if he knew of them at all).

I like your way of thinking!

"...despair was written all over the headlines, and I just wanted to give some people hope." -f

[Image: search?view=detailV2&insightstoken=bcid_...t=2&sim=11]
09-16-2020, 01:12 AM,
(09-14-2020, 03:12 PM)trigace Wrote: The shape of many of the images on the ground at the final search area are man made. Such as the ants ear (answer), a trophy (trove), the giant D's (sprinkled semicircular field), the crescent moon, the fen (pond), and the many giant letters (C, D, E, F, G, K, M, S, U, and W.) Other shapes and letters must be drawn per poem directions.

This area was developed into a sprinkled farm in 2006 (as seen on GE for that year.) Those man made images were made at that time. I think Forrest may have had a hand in this development, especially the pond/fen. It was made to fit the clues he would put in his poem. The location is at a huge double omega image. It's border is fenced. You must go through a "maze" of brush to get to the search area, so you will be amazed. He made two trips to hide the TC because there are two partially hidden ditches with vegetation that you almost always trip over going in.

The field isn't exactly circular, there are aberrations around the edges.

You must save your best smile until after you raise the lid because the smile line of the largest D of the field is partially camouflaged with vegetation. That area of vegetation looks like the lid of a toilet (the bell/coffee cup image) that is partially down. If it could be raised, the full smile of the 10th D would be exposed.

The one who finds the TC will be the one who can best adjust. Best adjust = best add right. The last clue directs you to add lines to the right.

When you draw the lines for the position of the sprinkler line at two different locations that are about 30 degrees apart, as directed by the poem, it forms the image of cone, that is also the image of a vaulted, or arched ceiling. This is next to the search area. Fenn said the finder should put the TC in a vault for 30 days and think about it. "It" is actually one of the lines forming the vault (Why is "it" that I must go...) So he's hinting at the TC location being next to the 30 degree image vault formed by "it."

Fenn also said the TC is not on top of a mountain but it is near the TOP. The cone is also the shape of a TOP (a spinning toy that Forrest carved as a boy), so the TC is near the sprinkler lines that form a TOP image when the lines are drawn. The TC is not near the top of a mountain.

The pond/fen/G also looks like a giant bear. It is next to the top of the sprinkled field. Fenn said to go a certain distance (I think Fenn used a mile, but it doesn't matter what the distance is) in a straight line then turn right 90 degrees and continue to go another mile but along an arc or curved line, then turn right 90 degrees again and go in a straight line back to where you began. Then he asked what color was the bear? Well, if you follow his directions, starting at the base of the sprinkler line and go about 1800 feet in a straight line to the end of the sprinkler pipe then turn 90 degrees and go along a curved line the same distance - the outer curve of the sprinkled field - then turn 90 degrees and go back to where you began, you will have passed the pond-shaped bear near the end of the curved line portion of the walk. He described the pond shape and the sprinkler field in one story. No one got it.

Like I've said, I could go on and on with how his stories and hints fit this search area. But no one will get it.

Please pardon my skepticism. If you're meaning that a man-made
sprinkler system will last thousands of years and help guide a searcher
to the trove, good luck . . . in solving the poem that way or getting
anyone to agree with you that this will help correctly solve the poem.

In my solve, all observable things (that is, "landmarks") that are indicated by the poem are natural and durable, and capable of lasting thousands of years in a substantially unchanged condition. I'm not relying on a D-shaped farm or the like.