Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I was just asked by someone to post this.
07-29-2020, 07:31 PM,
I was just asked by someone to post this.
This is a letter someone just sent me and they don't want to be identified(I don't know them myself). I think they make great points about what he's said in the past. I'm not sure what these officials could do though or what rights they would have to find out from Forrest. I also don't believe hearing the solve would do anything...I could sit down and make 100 solves in the state of Wyoming in a day.

Hello Stephanie,

I'm not going to name names, but it appears that a concerted effort is now under way in order to force authorities in Wyoming to properly look into Forrest Fenn and his treasure hunt.

I've been asked to pass this information along to you to post, all while keeping me out of it entirely please, and that everyone directly email the following individuals and demand that they thoroughly investigate Forrest Fenn and the Wyoming end to his chase;

Wyoming Governor Mark Gordon: mark.gordon@wyo.gov
Wyoming Attorney General Bridget Hill: bridget.hill@wyo.gov
Wyoming Attorney General's Office: ag.consumer@wyo.gov
Yellowstone Superintendent: Yell_Superintendent@nps.gov

The interested party also wanted me to add for you to also please "keep the ridiculous DB Cooper angle", "the 12' or 6' comment", "going around the world to the north", "Fenn's backyard" and all other personal theories, and that goes for everyone, out of this as the sole purpose is to legally compel Forrest Fenn to now reveal a full solve, the answers to all 9 clues in the poem, that resolved in Wyoming which can then be independently verified by following the poem from start to finish once he has done so.

Forrest could go and change anything he wanted to on the fly over all these years, but not his poem, the one and only constant in this.

Forrest had already essentially removed most, if not all, of the state of Wyoming from the search area, and especially all of Yellowstone National Park, back in 2014 with the following;

http://mysteriouswritings.com/questions-...the-chase/

Question posted 6/28/2014:

Your words and actions say you are a friend and lover of the environment “more than most.” Do you follow Leave No Trace and did you while hiding the chest? ie stay on established trails. ~Buddy

Buddy, I think you’re trying to get me in trouble but that’s where I am most of the time anyway, so I’ll answer your questions.

You may as well ask me if I love the air. I don’t know but, I certainly am an appreciator of nature. “Leave no trace” is a rhetorical statement not intended to be taken literally. For instance it is not feasible for you to not leave a footprint somewhere or a dry fly snagged high on a tree limb, left by your back cast. But I agree with the philosophy of the phrase. I dislike seeing beer cans scattered around when I am fantasizing that I am the only person who has ever been in that spot.

Generally speaking, there are places where one should stay on established trails; Yellowstone is one. However, it reminds me of the worn-out axiom, “If you ain’t the lead dog, the scenery never changes.” When I am in the mountains or in the desert, the last place I want to be is on a trail. Ain’t no adventure in that for me. There isn’t a human trail in very close proximaty to where I hid the treasure.f

As well as, and especially, this from back in 2015;

http://mysteriouswritings.com/featured-q...cano-risk/

Mr. Fenn,

According to recent research about the Yellowstone Supervolcanoe and if I do the maths right, there is a 1 in 700 chance the treasure will get blown to bits in the next 1000 years.

Are you okay with those odds or does that make you feel like you should move the treasure? …preferably somewhere closer to me.

(Scientists find missing link in Yellowstone plumbing this giant volcano is very much alive link)

~Chuck

I doubt that a volcanic eruption under Yellowstone Lake would blow the treasure chest to bits, no matter the odds, but it might spread a lot of beautiful cutthroat and lake trout around the country side. f

The reality is that if, rather when, Yellowstone erupts again, and which could happen tomorrow, it would obviously then take out most of the entire Rocky Mountain search area in Wyoming, and Montana as well;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellowstone_Caldera

The last major eruption alone literally blew the Rocky Mountains themselves in that area completely away, so that helps narrow it down even further, especially when considering that Forrest states to have just left it, the bronze treasure chest and gold, there on the ground, where it appears that for all those years nobody couldn't ever just go and stumble on it, then merely walked away.
© Stephanie
07-29-2020, 08:04 PM,
RE: I was just asked by someone to post this.
What the bleep did I just read. So there's a secret group attempting to compel Forrest to provide a complete solve and don't want us here to discuss any alternative theories?

As if that would matter. If this is an attempt to get something started, it's a poor attempt. It invites no additional help besides email these people.

And say what exactly? Setup a site, get a petition going, Setup form mailers with what you want to say. Allow the public to be involved. And certainly don't tell people what not to do.

Goodluck random anonymous internet guy. You can reach me through the website, private messages, or the same way you reached Stephanie.
07-29-2020, 08:22 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-29-2020, 08:25 PM by admin.)
(07-29-2020, 08:04 PM)total1ty Wrote: What the bleep did I just read. So there's a secret group attempting to compel Forrest to provide a complete solve and don't want us here to discuss any alternative theories?

As if that would matter. If this is an attempt to get something started, it's a poor attempt. It invites no additional help besides email these people.

And say what exactly? Setup a site, get a petition going, Setup form mailers with what you want to say. Allow the public to be involved. And certainly don't tell people what not to do.

Goodluck random anonymous internet guy. You can reach me through the website, private messages, or the same way you reached Stephanie.

I do like the two things Forrest said as reason's it wouldn't have been in Wyoming. A volcano would definitely blow it up, up there. So has he now crossed over into confirmed lie?

https://www.express.co.uk/news/science/1...er-volcano
© Stephanie
07-29-2020, 08:44 PM,
In my experience, starting a rumor goes better if you don't express intent. Like starting a "buzz" for a rock band. This politics strategy angle opens itself up too much in a land that has received well from FF. I think that "SWATting FF as a missing criminal is a bad deal. Kinda lame. If people try to throw all the spaghetti at the wall for what sticks instead of working a smarter angle, they'll flood the inquiry with too many attempts and invalidate the investigation of answers. Teams of people fighting each other with gov't is good for gov't (I'm not a real fan of that). The way you do this is how we've been doing it- endless internet talk. His reading these blogs and seeing the word "controversy" here and here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fenn_treasure may be making him want to make this right. This internet talk is all stored forever & people only get smarter as time goes on...
07-29-2020, 09:23 PM,
@everyone - Sounds like more bullcrap. Come on, Stephanie. Another anonymous poster? What's that all about?

If someone is on the up-&-up, & has something truthful to say, ... he or she needs to be honest & above-board enough to say it his/herself. What are these people afraid of? Doubt & criticism from the rest of us? Well, too bad because it's coming on strong from me. I doubt all of it & I'm criticizing the wimp who is promoting it anonymously.
07-29-2020, 11:07 PM,
(07-29-2020, 07:31 PM)admin Wrote: This is a letter someone just sent me and they don't want to be identified(I don't know them myself). I think they make great points about what he's said in the past. I'm not sure what these officials could do though or what rights they would have to find out from Forrest. I also don't believe hearing the solve would do anything...I could sit down and make 100 solves in the state of Wyoming in a day.

Hello Stephanie,

I'm not going to name names, but it appears that a concerted effort is now under way in order to force authorities in Wyoming to properly look into Forrest Fenn and his treasure hunt.

I've been asked to pass this information along to you to post, all while keeping me out of it entirely please, and that everyone directly email the following individuals and demand that they thoroughly investigate Forrest Fenn and the Wyoming end to his chase;

Wyoming Governor Mark Gordon: mark.gordon@wyo.gov
Wyoming Attorney General Bridget Hill: bridget.hill@wyo.gov
Wyoming Attorney General's Office: ag.consumer@wyo.gov
Yellowstone Superintendent: Yell_Superintendent@nps.gov

The interested party also wanted me to add for you to also please "keep the ridiculous DB Cooper angle", "the 12' or 6' comment", "going around the world to the north", "Fenn's backyard" and all other personal theories, and that goes for everyone, out of this as the sole purpose is to legally compel Forrest Fenn to now reveal a full solve, the answers to all 9 clues in the poem, that resolved in Wyoming which can then be independently verified by following the poem from start to finish once he has done so.

Forrest could go and change anything he wanted to on the fly over all these years, but not his poem, the one and only constant in this.

Forrest had already essentially removed most, if not all, of the state of Wyoming from the search area, and especially all of Yellowstone National Park, back in 2014 with the following;

http://mysteriouswritings.com/questions-...the-chase/

Question posted 6/28/2014:

Your words and actions say you are a friend and lover of the environment “more than most.” Do you follow Leave No Trace and did you while hiding the chest? ie stay on established trails. ~Buddy

Buddy, I think you’re trying to get me in trouble but that’s where I am most of the time anyway, so I’ll answer your questions.

You may as well ask me if I love the air. I don’t know but, I certainly am an appreciator of nature. “Leave no trace” is a rhetorical statement not intended to be taken literally. For instance it is not feasible for you to not leave a footprint somewhere or a dry fly snagged high on a tree limb, left by your back cast. But I agree with the philosophy of the phrase. I dislike seeing beer cans scattered around when I am fantasizing that I am the only person who has ever been in that spot.

Generally speaking, there are places where one should stay on established trails; Yellowstone is one. However, it reminds me of the worn-out axiom, “If you ain’t the lead dog, the scenery never changes.” When I am in the mountains or in the desert, the last place I want to be is on a trail. Ain’t no adventure in that for me. There isn’t a human trail in very close proximaty to where I hid the treasure.f

As well as, and especially, this from back in 2015;

http://mysteriouswritings.com/featured-q...cano-risk/

Mr. Fenn,

According to recent research about the Yellowstone Supervolcanoe and if I do the maths right, there is a 1 in 700 chance the treasure will get blown to bits in the next 1000 years.

Are you okay with those odds or does that make you feel like you should move the treasure? …preferably somewhere closer to me.

(Scientists find missing link in Yellowstone plumbing this giant volcano is very much alive link)

~Chuck

I doubt that a volcanic eruption under Yellowstone Lake would blow the treasure chest to bits, no matter the odds, but it might spread a lot of beautiful cutthroat and lake trout around the country side. f

The reality is that if, rather when, Yellowstone erupts again, and which could happen tomorrow, it would obviously then take out most of the entire Rocky Mountain search area in Wyoming, and Montana as well;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellowstone_Caldera

The last major eruption alone literally blew the Rocky Mountains themselves in that area completely away, so that helps narrow it down even further, especially when considering that Forrest states to have just left it, the bronze treasure chest and gold, there on the ground, where it appears that for all those years nobody couldn't ever just go and stumble on it, then merely walked away.

Stephanie, why didn't you just invite this person to join the blog like all
the rest of us, and post their message (like the rest of us do)? It kinda
looks like you're on board with this person, and giving special attention
to something about as valuable as a statistically-average rumor, at best.

Regarding the content of the message, it looks (at best) like whining by
an unhappy "entitled" individual, whose parents, if still alive, would probably not approve of any of this if they knew about it.
07-29-2020, 11:13 PM,
Demanding is not a good approach at all. Perhaps those folks (Attorney General, etc.) should be requested,
if someone wants them to do something. Jeez.

I request that Steph delete this thread. Posting it reflects badly on her, in my opinion.
07-29-2020, 11:33 PM,
(07-29-2020, 11:13 PM)Gremlin Wrote: Demanding is not a good approach at all. Perhaps those folks (Attorney General, etc.) should be requested,
if someone wants them to do something. Jeez.

I request that Steph delete this thread. Posting it reflects badly on her, in my opinion.

Hey. I agree I don't like the demands. But posting the thread is fine IMHO. The person said their peice, if they have more to say they can sign up. Some people just aren't comfortable doing that. But this should also be a one and done. No need to promote it. Anyway, have a good one!
07-30-2020, 12:26 AM,
Hey they were putting my DB Cooper theory down lol I wouldn't be in on anything that did that. I have no problem posting for people who don't want to.
Even if you don't like what they said...l still like the reminder of those question/answers.
© Stephanie
07-30-2020, 09:27 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-30-2020, 09:28 AM by The_Spoiler.)
Just a little reminder....

Fenn has never said that the chest was hidden in Wyoming. He said it was found in Wyoming and "found" has completely different meanings than what you think. Look it up. "Found in Wyoming" can mean that the treasure started or began in Wyoming.

When he said "the finder found and retrieved the treasure", this too does not have to mean what you think it means. Look up the definition of the word retrieved. Retrieved could mean recalled to mind or remembered. It does not have to mean the chest was physically recovered.

All of his statements about Wyoming can be true and the chest can still be hidden in another state.

You want to take this to court? All Fenn has to do is tell what definition of the word he intended when he wrote it. Case closed.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just one chase topic because so many people have asked... Mindy 0 549 04-19-2020, 07:19 PM
Last Post: Mindy
  Questions no ones asked zombiecupkake 10 2,044 01-21-2019, 10:42 PM
Last Post: crazyfamily
  Has Forrest Been Asked About The Blaze Recently? windjc 4 3,405 10-26-2017, 03:41 PM
Last Post: AccountAtAGlance