Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Questions to Forrest and looking for clarification from him too!
07-31-2020, 02:57 PM,
Questions to Forrest and looking for clarification from him too!
(07-30-2020, 06:58 PM)Becky from WV Wrote: @Everyone - Remember the question at Jenny's where someone asked FF if he used any transportation other than his vehicle when he went to hide the treasure? FF replied that if he answered one way, it would be fabrication. But if he answered some other way, it would cause something else. I forget exactly what his answer was, but it was clearly avoiding having to give the simple correct answer.

That's another verification I had for the D&SNGRR. If he parked his vehicle in Durango, he would have used the train to get the rest of the way. Then the finder would have needed to do the same thing. So I would like to know the correct answer to that question ... about FF using an additional means of transportation.

The answer to that, I think, is that he waded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
07-31-2020, 03:32 PM,
RE: Questions to Forrest and looking for clarification from him too!
(07-31-2020, 02:57 PM)BackTL Wrote:
(07-30-2020, 06:58 PM)Becky from WV Wrote: @Everyone - Remember the question at Jenny's where someone asked FF if he used any transportation other than his vehicle when he went to hide the treasure? FF replied that if he answered one way, it would be fabrication. But if he answered some other way, it would cause something else. I forget exactly what his answer was, but it was clearly avoiding having to give the simple correct answer.

That's another verification I had for the D&SNGRR. If he parked his vehicle in Durango, he would have used the train to get the rest of the way. Then the finder would have needed to do the same thing. So I would like to know the correct answer to that question ... about FF using an additional means of transportation.

The answer to that, I think, is that he waded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wading is walking, per my dictionary. Who wants to have my baby?
07-31-2020, 04:20 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-31-2020, 04:24 PM by Longfellow.)
All Forrest is saying is that he could very honestly reply either yes or no to the question and, if all the facts were truly known about the trip from his car to the hiding spot, approximately half of folks would say he was prevaricating and the other half would say he was quibbling.

To illustrate the point, let's assume a fact (mentioned in a couple of the above posts) for testing purposes: Hypothetically, let's say Forrest got out of his car, walked to the edge of a running stream, and waded across it. He did this twice, once with the chest and a second time with the treasure. He hid the chest and it's contents in some spot not too far on the other side of the stream. So, between his car and the hiding spot, it is true that he walked and it is true that he waded.

Case 1:
Based upon the above assumed fact, if Forrest responds to the question with a "Yes," that would be a justifiably honest response because although wading is walking, it is a special category of walking (through water) that has its own word assigned to it in the English language and it is feasible for a person to judge that wading is an additional "method" of transporting something. BUT, Forrest believes that roughly half of people would call BS and say he was prevaricating (i.e., speaking in an evasive way) because wading is really just walking.

Case 2:
Based upon the above assumed fact, if Forrest responds to the question with a "No," that would ALSO be a justifiably honest response because wading is, after all, just walking under a certain set of conditions, like walking up or down a hill or walking in the rain. It's still just walking. Because of this, Forrest believes that roughly half of people would call BS and say he was quibbling (i.e., objecting over a trivial matter).

To Forrest's point, he could provide either a "Yes" or "No" answer to the question and they would both be justifiably honest, yet he would still have (roughly) 50% of the people accusing him of being dishonest in his response.

In the immortal words of Fenn himself:

“[Insert Name], you make this thing so complicated. Reminds me of the reason I don’t like meetings. I hope you don’t belong to a PTA someplace. I made two trips from my car to the hiding place and it was done in one afternoon.f”
07-31-2020, 05:23 PM,
@Longfellow - I doubt if FF considers "walking" another mode of transportation. We all know what was meant by the question. So did FF.

When FF says "his car" or "the car", he could have slyly meant the rented caboose (train car) which would have been parked at Cascade Canyon wye for Railfest 2010. The caboose was modified for overnight stay& vacations ... similar to a motor home (lime green interior). I'm NOT going to explain the logistics here bacause you clearly wouldn't believe me anyway. But that's HOW & WHY he was aboard the 315 freight train on Monday, heading back up to Silverton from a Saturday night & Sunday photo shoot where it had remained in Durango. By the way, the passenger train which followed that one is called the Chase & FF should have been on that one when it left Durango ... heading north. But he wasn't. FF was on the one that picked up the 0505 caboose at Cascade Canyon wye ... NOT the passenger train.

FF could easily have spent the weekend of his 80th b'day alone in the caboose at Cascade Canyon wye, & taken all the time he needed to hide the treasure. His vehicle would have remained in Durango. I believe that's why he could NOT answer with a simple "YES". It would have been to big of a hint.

Please do NOT make light of this question. It may NOT matter much to you, but it is of GREAT importance to me. It's been my solve since 2013, & I have plenty of proof that I am correct. At least I am satisfied with what I have discovered, ... & this is the thread for questions to FF.
07-31-2020, 05:48 PM,
@crazyfamily - Why are you picking at me? I've been reading, analyzing, & answering the posts. If I do NOT state for whom my posts are intended, how would "anyone" know? The threads ore filled with posts that are to no one in particular. They are very distracting to the rest of us.

Once again, what is sticking in your craw? I read what is being said, but I refuse to knuckle under to a false statement if I can correct it. What's the real issue here, crazyfamily?

I refrained from giving my opinion of the stick football player because it has absolutely NOTHING to do with me. Evidently my statements have NOTHING to do with you so can't you simply stick to your solve & allow me mine?
07-31-2020, 06:03 PM,
2 trips from his car to the hide - saddle bags on the horse he rode.
07-31-2020, 06:15 PM,
(07-31-2020, 06:03 PM)5GIRLS Wrote: 2 trips from his car to the hide - saddle bags on the horse he rode.

Why make two trips if you have a horse to carry the load?
07-31-2020, 06:37 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-01-2020, 12:15 AM by Longfellow.)
(07-31-2020, 05:23 PM)Becky from WV Wrote: @Longfellow - I doubt if FF considers "walking" another mode of transportation. We all know what was meant by the question. So did FF.

When FF says "his car" or "the car", he could have slyly meant the rented caboose (train car) which would have been parked at Cascade Canyon wye for Railfest 2010. The caboose was modified for overnight stay& vacations ... similar to a motor home (lime green interior). I'm NOT going to explain the logistics here bacause you clearly wouldn't believe me anyway. But that's HOW & WHY he was aboard the 315 freight train on Monday, heading back up to Silverton from a Saturday night & Sunday photo shoot where it had remained in Durango. By the way, the passenger train which followed that one is called the Chase & FF should have been on that one when it left Durango ... heading north. But he wasn't. FF was on the one that picked up the 0505 caboose at Cascade Canyon wye ... NOT the passenger train.

FF could easily have spent the weekend of his 80th b'day alone in the caboose at Cascade Canyon wye, & taken all the time he needed to hide the treasure. His vehicle would have remained in Durango. I believe that's why he could NOT answer with a simple "YES". It would have been to big of a hint.

Please do NOT make light of this question. It may NOT matter much to you, but it is of GREAT importance to me. It's been my solve since 2013, & I have plenty of proof that I am correct. At least I am satisfied with what I have discovered, ... & this is the thread for questions to FF.

I’m not making light of the question. In fact, I always thought the question, as it was posed, as well as the answer, as it was given, could give a searcher some insight. That is why I suggested you go revisit the Q&A at its source because your initial posted recollection of it contained inaccuracies in the terms used, which are important to gaining correct insights. To make a good loaf of bread, you really should start with quality ingredients.

I must say, I get where crazyfamily is coming from. I’ve noticed for some time that you put stuff out there for everyone to provide feedback on and then immediately bark and snap at most folks that provide any comments in response.

P.S. Forrest has said several times in early 2020 that he hid the treasure chest more than 10 years ago and he has long made it known that he hid it in the summer. Simple math puts the hiding event in 2009.
07-31-2020, 10:43 PM,
(07-31-2020, 06:15 PM)Beavertooth Wrote:
(07-31-2020, 06:03 PM)5GIRLS Wrote: 2 trips from his car to the hide - saddle bags on the horse he rode.

Why make two trips if you have a horse to carry the load?
Box on one side of saddle bagS, treasure on other side. 2 trips from car to hide, probably Cow, Bessie.lol
08-01-2020, 05:41 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-01-2020, 05:42 AM by Deano.)
Give us a corroborated statement from the finder, anonymously via a lawyer, even if he only says "I'm over the moon". Or some other corroborated evidence. And I don't say this because of the (tired of late) statement that he 'owes us anything' but for your own good and reputation.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Clarification for something said on HOR Mindy 38 6,620 02-04-2020, 04:28 PM
Last Post: Beavertooth
  Questions for Forrest Rick Nowak 30 12,790 01-22-2020, 03:30 AM
Last Post: easternOHsteve
  2020 MW Questions with Forrest Fenn brubr 9 2,620 01-07-2020, 10:50 PM
Last Post: crazyfamily
  Six Questions with Forrest Fenn (02/04/2019) JoeKing101 10 7,701 02-06-2019, 10:23 AM
Last Post: Daniel A
Big Grin Forrest Fenn Random Words/Questions Bet 19 10,556 06-28-2018, 05:54 PM
Last Post: DeeepThnkr
  Six Questions with Forrest Fenn and The Thrill of the Chase: Double Charmed DL167 103 48,972 03-06-2018, 06:52 AM
Last Post: will197532