Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wyoming solution to the Forrest Fenn poem by Thomas Back
08-02-2020, 12:48 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-02-2020, 02:32 PM by BackTL.)

Begin in Sunshine Wyoming, where warm waters halt. There are two reservoirs, and sunshine gives you the warm water.

Take Wood River Road (Route 200) through the canyon in a southwest direction about 20 miles (too far to walk) to Kirwin Wyoming.

Put in to the Wood River, below the home of Brown. The home of Brown refers to either Bald Mountain on the south side of the river, or Brown Mountain on the north side. It’s not necessary to actually use a boat. You can still follow along the river by staying on Wood River Road.

From here it’s “no place for the meek” because you’re in the ghost town of Kirwin.

Continue on Wood River Road about a quarter mile to a point across the river from Cascade Creek. Park here. There is no paddle up this creek, just “heavy loads and water high. It’s a fast running, steep creek with rapids and small waterfalls.

Your “effort is worth the cold” because you have waded across the Wood River to reach the creek. You’ve been “brave and in the wood” because you’ve been in the Wood River.

The treasure was along Cascade Creek. Not having been to the site, I will speculate that the “blaze” is a stretch of rapids and/or a small waterfall. The treasure would be at the lower end of the stretch. The elevation is about 9,200 feet. Forrest telling us the treasure was below 10,200 feet may have been a hint that 200 was meaningful. It’s also interesting that we drive down Route 200 from Sunshine to Kirwin.

The first stanza hints to Kirwin, I believe, as “riches old”. Kirwin was famous for gold mining.

So, why is this place special to Forrest? I believe it may be due to the nearby remnants of Amelia Earhart’s cabin, which is about a mile west of the creek.

“Wood” is the word that is key.

No way to know for sure if this solution is correct unless confirmed by Forrest or the finder, but it’s simple as Forrest suggested it should be, and is a good fit to the clues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
08-02-2020, 01:28 PM,
RE: Wyoming solution to the Forrest Fenn poem by Thomas Back
(08-02-2020, 12:48 PM)BackTL Wrote: Wyoming solution to the Forrest Fenn poem by Thomas Back

Begin in Sunshine Wyoming, where warm waters halt. There are two reservoirs, and sunshine gives you the warm water.

Take Wood River Road (Route 200) through the canyon in a southwest direction about 20 miles (too far to walk) to Kirwin Wyoming.

Put in to the Wood River, below the home of Brown. The home of Brown refers to either Bald Mountain on the south side of the river, or Brown Mountain on the north side. It’s not necessary to actually use a boat. You can still follow along the river by staying on Wood River Road.

From here it’s “no place for the meek” because you’re in the ghost town of Kirwin.

Continue on Wood River Road about a quarter mile to a point across the river from Cascade Creek. Park here. There is no paddle up this creek, just “heavy loads and water high. It’s a fast running, steep creek with rapids and small waterfalls.

Your “effort is worth the cold” because you have waded across the Wood River to reach the creek. You’ve been “brave and in the wood” because you’ve been in the Wood River.

The treasure was along Cascade Creek. Not having been to the site, I will speculate that the “blaze” is a stretch of rapids and/or a small waterfall. The treasure would be at the lower end of the stretch. The elevation is about 9,200 feet. Forrest telling us the treasure was below 10,200 feet may have been a hint that 200 was meaningful. It’s also interesting that we drive down Route 200 from Sunshine to Kirwin.

The first stanza hints to Kirwin, I believe, as “riches old”. Kirwin was famous for gold mining.

So, why is this place special to Forrest? I believe it may be due to the nearby remnants of Amelia Earhart’s cabin, which is about a mile west of the creek.

No way to know for sure if this solution is correct unless confirmed by Forrest or the finder, but it’s simple as Forrest suggested it should be, and is a good fit to the clues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's got some meat to it, good job!
08-02-2020, 07:08 PM,
RE: Wyoming solution to the Forrest Fenn poem by Thomas Back
Yes, I like that solve. I had a solve that had a Wood river in it as well. In the wood. Good job!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Back at Ya, Forrest 5GIRLS 2 340 Yesterday, 11:10 PM
Last Post: Andrew Jef
  Sharing A Solution to Forrest's Poem trueyeti 2 501 07-05-2020, 04:07 PM
Last Post: trueyeti
  To Forrest and the Finder. A legal solution that would fix this mess you created. total1ty 16 841 06-11-2020, 06:34 PM
Last Post: Top Secret
  FQ with Forrest - 24 poem lines Chris Yates 4 566 05-27-2020, 09:06 PM
Last Post: easternOHsteve
  Emailing Forrest - Please Cut Back Beavertooth 0 539 10-26-2019, 03:54 PM
Last Post: Beavertooth
  The Poem is Fenn coming out of the closet! chrisgins 15 8,100 10-10-2019, 08:11 PM
Last Post: heyoka