Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Woo Hoo Barbara Anderson
08-15-2020, 02:19 PM,
Woo Hoo Barbara Anderson
To all those who thought it was soooo sooo terrible that there was anyone suing Forrest.......If Cynthia is the finder...which would prove Forrest lied to everyone....then I hope you all consider it was in his backyard and not in Wyoming....I truly believe he had to say it was up there to hide the fact that myself and many others asked to search his backyard and were DENIED.

The Court grants Plaintiff’s Motion as to Rule 45 in part. Fed. R. Civ. P. 26(d)(1) provides
that a “party may not seek discovery from any source before the parties have conferred as required
by Rule 26(f) ….” However, discovery may be permitted in advance of a Rule 26(f) conference
when “authorized … by court order.” Fed. R. Civ. P. 26(d)(1). The Court finds there is good
cause to grant, in part, Plaintiff’s request for discovery before the Rule 26(f) conference because
the Unknown Defendant must be identified before this case can proceed and Plaintiff has
established a good faith basis that Forrest Fenn knows the Unknown Defendant’s name and
address. The Court allows Plaintiff to seek limited discovery from Forrest Fenn to obtain the
identity and address of the Unknown Defendant. Plaintiff may move for additional discovery
regarding the “Unknown Defendant’s solve, communications and search/retrieval conduct” after
Forrest Fenn responds to her subpoena regarding the Unknown Defendant’s name and address. In
her Motion to Supplement Pending Motions, Plaintiff states she “wrote Fenn and his counsel.”
© Stephanie
08-15-2020, 02:20 PM,
RE: Woo Hoo Barbara Anderson
I find it hard to believe he will come up with anyone willing to lie and say they were the finder since this "finder" would immediately be subject to a lawsuit.
© Stephanie
08-15-2020, 02:23 PM,
Plaintiff may serve a Rule 45 subpoena on
Forrest Fenn that seeks, and is limited to, information sufficient to identify the
Unknown Defendant including the individual’s name, address(es), telephone
number, and email address
© Stephanie
08-15-2020, 03:23 PM,
Will he take the cowards way out? Will the finder come forward since it would be NO big deal for them to come forward and say...geez I found it in Wyoming so let's get rid of these lawsuits. Ohhhh no.....because the "finder" probably isn't a MAN....so that would be a proven lie to everyone.
© Stephanie
08-15-2020, 03:27 PM,
(08-15-2020, 03:20 PM)davidkindc Wrote: Do any of you good folks out there know the Case #?

I'm not sure how others pull up the case information, but I have a pacer.gov account for some other lawsuits I deal with so it's a paid service...not much..just 10 cents a page. You can go on there though and login and go to case information and "find parties" and search Forrest's name and you'll see the two open ones. Then you want to go to history and you'll see all the dates and files that were entered....the last one is the most recent.

You can probably search Forrest Fenn Barbara Anderson lawsuit and find something online...but I don't think you get the actual documents.
© Stephanie
08-15-2020, 03:47 PM,
(08-15-2020, 02:19 PM)admin Wrote: To all those who thought it was soooo sooo terrible that there was anyone suing Forrest.......If Cynthia is the finder...which would prove Forrest lied to everyone....then I hope you all consider it was in his backyard and not in Wyoming....I truly believe he had to say it was up there to hide the fact that myself and many others asked to search his backyard and were DENIED.

The Court grants Plaintiff’s Motion as to Rule 45 in part. Fed. R. Civ. P. 26(d)(1) provides
that a “party may not seek discovery from any source before the parties have conferred as required
by Rule 26(f) ….” However, discovery may be permitted in advance of a Rule 26(f) conference
when “authorized … by court order.” Fed. R. Civ. P. 26(d)(1). The Court finds there is good
cause to grant, in part, Plaintiff’s request for discovery before the Rule 26(f) conference because
the Unknown Defendant must be identified before this case can proceed and Plaintiff has
established a good faith basis that Forrest Fenn knows the Unknown Defendant’s name and
address. The Court allows Plaintiff to seek limited discovery from Forrest Fenn to obtain the
identity and address of the Unknown Defendant. Plaintiff may move for additional discovery
regarding the “Unknown Defendant’s solve, communications and search/retrieval conduct” after
Forrest Fenn responds to her subpoena regarding the Unknown Defendant’s name and address. In
her Motion to Supplement Pending Motions, Plaintiff states she “wrote Fenn and his counsel.”

He told me I could search his backyard if I wanted to.
08-15-2020, 03:51 PM,
(08-15-2020, 03:47 PM)John Brown Wrote:
(08-15-2020, 02:19 PM)admin Wrote: To all those who thought it was soooo sooo terrible that there was anyone suing Forrest.......If Cynthia is the finder...which would prove Forrest lied to everyone....then I hope you all consider it was in his backyard and not in Wyoming....I truly believe he had to say it was up there to hide the fact that myself and many others asked to search his backyard and were DENIED.

at the same time did he say it wasn't there? Why didn't you? Did you tell him the exact location you wanted to?

what year was that?
© Stephanie
08-15-2020, 03:58 PM,
I'm sad about how the Chase ended, like many of you.

However:

1. We all knew Fenn could retrieve his treasure chest at anytime for any reason.
2. If he did this, what he does with his treasure chest is his own business, including giving it away or re-hiding it.
3. If some shy person from back east really did find it, who gave us a right to know anything about the discovery?

This lawsuit stuff is messed up. Just because this Barbara person shared her solve with Fenn, so what? Look again at my item 1 above.

Maybe the finder simply gave it back to Fenn because they didn't want to indulge in material possessions, or thought Fenn should give it to the grandchildren.

We all knew the risks - deal with it and move on! m
08-15-2020, 04:03 PM,
(08-15-2020, 03:51 PM)admin Wrote:
(08-15-2020, 03:47 PM)John Brown Wrote:

at the same time did he say it wasn't there? Why didn't you? Did you tell him the exact location you wanted to?

what year was that?

It was February 4 2016. I sent him the following e-mail

Santa Fe is on the map in Too Far to Walk. Is Santa Fe is in play too?

Can I come over and dig around in your back yard after it warms up?

There must be sumpthin' back there, don't you reckon?

------------------2 minutes later he replied--------------------------------------
Yes, but I have said it is not in Santa Fe, so search there at your own folly. f
----------------------1 minute later I replied----------------------------
You also said it was more than 8 1/4 miles north of Santa Fe and that everything on the map is in play. Which is it?
-----------------23 minutes later he replied--------------------------
It is both.
------------------five minutes later he sent----------------------------
You must be joking with me John. Santa Fe in on the map, and you can search there if you want to, but the treasure is not there.

These messages were all copy/pasted from my mail box including the various typos that we both made.
08-15-2020, 04:07 PM,
(08-15-2020, 03:58 PM)Milan Wrote: I'm sad about how the Chase ended, like many of you.

However:

1. We all knew Fenn could retrieve his treasure chest at anytime for any reason.
2. If he did this, what he does with his treasure chest is his own business, including giving it away or re-hiding it.
3. If some shy person from back east really did find it, who gave us a right to know anything about the discovery?

This lawsuit stuff is messed up. Just because this Barbara person shared her solve with Fenn, so what? Look again at my item 1 above.

Maybe the finder simply gave it back to Fenn because they didn't want to indulge in material possessions, or thought Fenn should give it to the grandchildren.

We all knew the risks - deal with it and move on! m

Of course I respect you...but my opinion is not the same. He made a verbal contract and he couldn't take it back if he wanted. The law can be considered when things are implied. He made a contract with us all that if we find it, we can have it. If there was any sketchiness going on....that could be a big problem.

Forrest also told me that he would announce it and people would be surprised how easy it was.

Even if he gave it back to Forrest...he still has to name the finder.
© Stephanie

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Barbara the lawyer from Chicago admin 30 2,810 06-25-2020, 02:19 AM
Last Post: Beavertooth