Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forrest Fenn has passed away..
09-08-2020, 04:49 PM,
RE: Forrest Fenn has passed away..
Wow. I'm shocked by this news. This is a true loss to humanity. I learned a lot from Forrest and all of the adventures he sent me on. God bless his creative soul.
09-08-2020, 05:13 PM,
Forrest Fenn has passed away..
Going to miss the adventures of this man. Rest in peace Forrest!

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk
09-08-2020, 05:48 PM,
(09-08-2020, 12:58 PM)Octopus Wrote: This can't be real. https://www.santafenewmexican.com/

Speechless right now. Most of you probably care more about proving he was a fraud than you do the rich life he led and that hurts my heart a lot.

For those of you who were lucky enough to meet him, you know he was a genuine man, stop denying it. Whether you believe he sent everyone on a wild goose chase or not, I think we can show Forrest (and his family) a little respect.

Rest In Peace ff. Now it doesn’t matter , you will live in history forever. I am sad for his family.
It is out there, somewhere .
09-08-2020, 06:22 PM,
All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players. They have their entrances and their exits, and one man in his time plays many parts... Forrest Fenn you left your footprints in the sands of time.

Rest in Peace.
09-08-2020, 06:41 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-08-2020, 06:42 PM by PL289.)
(09-08-2020, 04:40 PM)NTMI Wrote: The chase is over.

RIP, f.

One thing and one thing only is for certain now...there will be no more speculation that people posting on CC are Fenn in disguise. Farewell Forrest, thanks for the memories.
------------------------------
Oh! he slips the surly bonds of earth,
To dance the skies on laughter-silvered wings;
Flings his eager craft through footless canyons of air
Tops the wind-swept heights with easy grace
Where even eagles never flew...
Puts out his hand, to touch the face of God.
09-08-2020, 10:46 PM,
Very sad news. Thoughts and prayers to his family, and especially little Willy Sad
Rip .f
09-09-2020, 01:01 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-09-2020, 01:36 AM by 5GIRLS.)
Forrest was the best history teacher I ever had. He took me places in the country and the world I would never have gone. He encouraged me to do things I would never have done. Being on this journey was one of the highlights of my life, one I will always remember. Thank you F, now you know. Now you know. Rest in Peace.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eALOiwQ8MG8

Deeepthnkr says he is watering a tree over this.
09-09-2020, 01:58 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-09-2020, 02:07 AM by Beavertooth.)
He will be missed. A true Renaissance man.

RIP

PL289, I am posting the entire poem that you partially use as your signature line, because it seems so appropriate:

High Flight
by John G. Magee, Jr

"Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;
Sunward I’ve climbed, and joined the tumbling mirth
of sun-split clouds, — and done a hundred things
You have not dreamed of – wheeled and soared and swung
High in the sunlit silence. Hov’ring there,
I’ve chased the shouting wind along, and flung
My eager craft through footless halls of air....

Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue
I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace.
Where never lark, or even eagle flew —
And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod
The high untrespassed sanctity of space,
– Put out my hand, and touched the face of God."
09-09-2020, 06:05 AM,
Forrest of course crossed my mind ever since I was told yesterday morning...the great memories luckily have taken over all my thoughts.

I believe every bit of his plan for the last 10 years was perfect and I believe he left knowing he had the time of his life and giggled to himself that he did.
© Stephanie
09-12-2020, 01:36 PM,
(09-12-2020, 01:17 PM)davidkindc Wrote: I struggle with choosing the right words.

Mr. Fenn played an outsized role in my life over the past 3 years. His poem might even be the anchor that's saved me from breaking apart on a reef mostly of my own making. If the venue was right, I'd give him a standing ovation. I hope he knows he did real good.

To his family, I'm sending all the love and prayers I can muster.

David Kogut
Arlington, VA

I wish there was a "like" button for your post, David.
Quote: "I don’t know, I feel halfway kind of glad, halfway kind of sad because the chase is over.” -f

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Forrest Fenn: Our Modern Forrest Gump filmguy 6 2,894 05-22-2019, 06:32 PM
Last Post: Daniel A
  skippy's or Moms age when passed awày? DeeepThnkr 3 2,667 05-23-2018, 10:14 PM
Last Post: cameronchris
  What if i searched my area got home then realized i passed it by pidmt 37 13,044 09-05-2013, 06:37 PM
Last Post: timberwolf