Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forrest Fenn has passed away..
09-13-2020, 12:48 AM,
RE: Forrest Fenn has passed away..
Yes, FF helped me through some tough times as well. I was very thankful to have such an engaging and imaginative adventure. A truly creative soul.
09-13-2020, 11:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-13-2020, 12:06 PM by Becky from WV.)
Are we certain that FF is dead? I am NOT. Since when does a hospital send a newly unconscious man home to die? Aren't there a whole lot of legal liabilities involved with this?

Also at hintofriches someone posted a copy of the ambulance log sheet where the call for assistance was actually recorded at a little past 3 pm. It even shows FF's address. What's that deal?

https://www.hintofriches.com/forum/the-h...e-hospital

After supposedly taking FF back home, did the Medical Examiner hang around there until FF finally died to then pronounce him dead? Makes absolutely NO sense to me.

Where's the obit notice? When is the funeral? What's the deal, Lucille?

Anyway I would appreciate some other incite on this matter. What do you all think?

Albuquerque Journal

https://www.abqjournal.com/1494952/forre...amily.html

Santa Fe artifact collector and author Forrest Fenn never regained consciousness after falling at his home the morning of the day he died. After a trip to the hospital, he was taken back home, where he died surrounded by family members.

Fenn may have had a heart attack and had signed a do not resuscitate order in 2017, according to a report from Santa Fe police officers, who responded to a call at his home on Monday.

The report states that a caregiver found Fenn unconscious on the floor of the study at about 8:30 a.m. The caregiver said that she went to check on him because by that time he was usually in the kitchen making waffles for her, his wife Peggy, and himself as part of the normal routine.

Family members were quickly summoned and an ambulance was called to take him to Christus St. Vincent Regional Medical Center.

Still unconscious, Fenn was returned home “to be with his wife before passing away a short time later,” according to the report.

Present at the time were Fenn’s wife of 66 years, Peggy, their daughters Kelly Sparks and Zoe Old and their husbands, and their three grandchildren.

An investigator with the Office of Medical Investigator pronounced Fenn’s time of death at approximately 5:04 p.m.
09-13-2020, 12:06 PM,
There is no way that Fenn would have wanted to die in a hospital. He would have wanted to die "with his boots on". With a "do not resuscitate" form on file, there was probably nothing the hospital could do for him anyway.

Hospitals these days with Covid19 around have very strict rules, and the family would not have been allowed to gather in the hospital, and it would have been quite dangerous for Peggy to go there, even if she was capable of making the trip (which is a big question). Also, hospitals these days are highly motivated to avoid adding to their own death statistics. Just about any hospital probably would have booted him out, especially if neither he nor his family wanted him to stay.

The approach they took allowed the family to surround him with love as he passed.

So I say, Bah, Humbug, on any conspiracy theories.

But I have no problem if Stephanie wants to post a thread titled "DB Cooper escapes again!" if she so chooses. Smile
09-13-2020, 12:35 PM,
There was absolutely nothing conventional about Forrest. Why would anyone expect anything different about his death. Honestly, I expected him to just disappear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
09-14-2020, 07:27 PM,
(09-13-2020, 12:06 PM)Beavertooth Wrote: There is no way that Fenn would have wanted to die in a hospital. He would have wanted to die "with his boots on". With a "do not resuscitate" form on file, there was probably nothing the hospital could do for him anyway.

Hospitals these days with Covid19 around have very strict rules, and the family would not have been allowed to gather in the hospital, and it would have been quite dangerous for Peggy to go there, even if she was capable of making the trip (which is a big question). Also, hospitals these days are highly motivated to avoid adding to their own death statistics. Just about any hospital probably would have booted him out, especially if neither he nor his family wanted him to stay.

The approach they took allowed the family to surround him with love as he passed.

But I have no problem if Stephanie wants to post a thread titled "DB Cooper escapes again!" if she so chooses. Smile

Becky WY makes some good fact-based points. This senseless jargon. I am not saying Forrest is still alive but the facts do not add up. Some see Fenn as a god like character which is disturbing. Based on all the facts, some of which Becky WY mentions, if we were forced to bet $20 on whether he is still alive I would bet he is.
09-15-2020, 12:59 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-15-2020, 01:06 AM by wildfuntear.)
(09-14-2020, 07:27 PM)yellowstonegold7 Wrote:
(09-13-2020, 12:06 PM)Beavertooth Wrote: There is no way that Fenn would have wanted to die in a hospital. He would have wanted to die "with his boots on". With a "do not resuscitate" form on file, there was probably nothing the hospital could do for him anyway.

Becky WY makes some good fact-based points. This senseless jargon. I am not saying Forrest is still alive but the facts do not add up. Some see Fenn as a god like character which is disturbing. Based on all the facts, some of which Becky WY mentions, if we were forced to bet $20 on whether he is still alive I would bet he is.

I don't know that I would go as far as to say that I believe that he's still alive, but things do seem a bit strange. I see postings on various forums, and the postings appear to be the kind of things that he would
post. I say this based on the style of writing, vocabulary used, and apparent attitude displayed. Sometimes I wonder if he made arrangements for someone to post as if it's Forrest still alive and posting. It would be quite a stunt for him to fake his death, and have all those newspaper articles and obits published indicating that he is no longer alive. I don't know how legal that kind of stunt would be. I can imagine that if a few folks were paid to "officially" announce his death, then that story could have legs for a while if Fenn hides. But if the
truth came out, many of his fans would be (to put it politely) irritated
by the stunt. I'd be tickled to learn that he actually did that. Meanwhile, seeing is believing (pretty much). I admit that I haven't seen coroner's photos (or the like) that convince me that the obits/articles are true. And I honestly don't want to ever see those photos.
09-15-2020, 06:55 AM,
I’ve read the official police report. Forrest is most certainly not alive- unfortunately. He stipulated in his DNR that he did not want to pass in a hospital and was brought back home by private ambulance.
As far as whether it was a heart attack or a fall- that is not made clear. The family claims a fall but he was fine at 8 am and unconscious and snoring at 8:30. No mention of a fall or in what position he was found.
09-15-2020, 11:35 AM,
I am glad that Forrest was able to die at home where he wanted to be. In this covid world I would not wish a hospital death on anyone. Lets let them rest and mourn their loss. Stop with the strange theories. He was just a man like any other. He helped so many of us. Let us help them.
It is out there, somewhere .
09-15-2020, 03:18 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-15-2020, 03:21 PM by Becky from WV.)
@Marina Mein - At what time does the "official" police report state that they were called out to the residence? Sounds like NOTHING much is contained in that report. So where are the exact details?

I have been faced 3 times in my life with DNRs from other people. Each time, as the closest blood relative or power of attorney, I had the final decision whether to honor it or NOT. That's how I know that DNRs are NOT absolutely binding. They are only a statement of the individuals' wishes ... which can either be honored or NOT.

@azuredeb - I understand your feelings, ... however, when is the funeral? Why all the discrepancies in the story? The inconsistencies & the lack of info make this a very strange situation indeed.

We searchers are family too & we are mourning also. Some of us have formed extremely tight bonds with FF & feel we are owed a truthful, to-the-point, direct explanation of what happened to OUR loved one. Once again, there are way too many oddities & false reports to be considered proof.
09-15-2020, 03:34 PM,
Officer was dispatched at 3:54pm. Forrest had already passed at this time. The medical examiner marked the tod at 5:04 pm.
The medical examiner arrived later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Forrest Fenn: Our Modern Forrest Gump filmguy 6 2,894 05-22-2019, 06:32 PM
Last Post: Daniel A
  skippy's or Moms age when passed awày? DeeepThnkr 3 2,667 05-23-2018, 10:14 PM
Last Post: cameronchris
  What if i searched my area got home then realized i passed it by pidmt 37 13,044 09-05-2013, 06:37 PM
Last Post: timberwolf