Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forrest Fenn has passed away..
09-15-2020, 04:56 PM,
Ok- the caregiver saw Forrest in his study at 8:00 am. He gave her a thumbs up as he typically did.

When she didn’t hear him in the kitchen at 8:30, she went to check on him and found him face down “unconscious and snoring”.
It does NOT specify how he was found.ie slumped at his desk or on the floor.

Per Forrest instructions, Shiloh was called and came over about a minute later. Forrest’s daughter was also called and then the paramedics.

The paramedics received the call around 8:36 am. Forrest was transported to the hospital and then brought back home by private ambulance. He was still unconscious but alive.

He passed around 3 pm that afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When the officer arrived on scene, Forrest had already passed. Zoe told the officer that he had been brought back home earlier in the day.

09-15-2020, 11:23 PM,
RE: Forrest Fenn has passed away..
(09-15-2020, 04:56 PM)Marina Mein Wrote: Ok- the caregiver saw Forrest in his study at 8:00 am. He gave her a thumbs up as he typically did.

When she didn’t hear him in the kitchen at 8:30, she went to check on him and found him face down “unconscious and snoring”.

Per Forrest instructions, Shiloh was called and came over about a minute later. Forrest’s daughter was also called and then the paramedics.

The paramedics received the call around 8:36 am. Forrest was transported to the hospital and then brought back home by private ambulance. He was still unconscious but alive.

When the officer arrived on scene, Forrest had already passed. Zoe told the officer that he had been brought back home earlier in the day.

Thanks for the info MM. Do you have family contacts?
09-16-2020, 08:57 AM,
(09-15-2020, 11:23 PM)Beavertooth Wrote:
(09-15-2020, 04:56 PM)Marina Mein Wrote: Ok- the caregiver saw Forrest in his study at 8:00 am. He gave her a thumbs up as he typically did.

No, I have the police report
09-16-2020, 10:22 AM,
(09-15-2020, 11:23 PM)Beavertooth Wrote:

No, I have the police report
09-16-2020, 11:00 AM,
Hmmmmm. Since everyone's thinking it, I'll go ahead and say it.

I don't know about New Mexico, but FOIA requests in Colorado take a little bit of time. Your having the police report suggests:

1) You are family or have family contacts (already denied)

2) You work in law enforcement in the Santa Fe area, (probably shouldn't confirm that), or

3) You will be representing the family in either a legal or fiduciary capacity, whereby having that information is necessary to perform your duty.

In any event, thanks for sharing.
Quote: "I don’t know, I feel halfway kind of glad, halfway kind of sad because the chase is over.” -f
09-16-2020, 12:09 PM,
@MarinaMein - I do NOT care HOW or WHY you have the police report, ... just that you DO. Thank you, MarinaMein, ... I am very grateful.

Can you also get hold of the hospital & ambulance records? I still can NOT fathom the hospital authorities sending an unconscious supposedly dying man back home. Was there any assurance that FF would have remained in that state or could he possibly have rallied awake in the long hours in between? I myself have NEVER been associated with such hospital behavior. To me, that is quite appalling!

I'm sure everyone here believes I'm beating a dead horse, but I'm having an extremely difficult time with this. I do NOT want FF to be gone. He was NOT ready because there was more to the Chase. His plan had NOT come to fruition. I can NOT be the ONLY one he told to be patient & everything would be okay & NOT give up on him yet. Who else out there knows to what I'm referring?

Throughout most of the Chase, FF & I emailed each other several times a day so I got to know his mind-set quite well. NOT to say that things between us had always been rosy & filled with sunshine. There were lots of arguments & hard feelings at times. That may be true for lots of other searchers too. As I said before, I can NOT be the ONLY searcher that he confided in. There must be many others, ... but, sorry to say, I can ONLY speak for myself.

FF's mood had NOT been the best during the last couple of months. I was concerned about that, & tried to alleviate some of his worries. I even went so far as to make him promise to still be alive on 23 August, ... the day AFTER his b'day. Somewhat reluctantly, he promised to do his best. His outlook seemed to improve a little after that.

It's been difficult for me to reconcile that his death was an accident or even a natural act. I still have my suspicions, but I do NOT mean to offend or upset anyone here. Please forgive me if I've said too much. There's plenty more to tell ... perhaps in the future. But for now I need to calm myself. I truly miss my friend.
09-16-2020, 01:11 PM,
(09-16-2020, 12:09 PM)Becky from WV Wrote: @MarinaMein - I do NOT care HOW or WHY you have the police report, ... just that you DO. Thank you, MarinaMein, ... I am very grateful.

Can you also get hold of the hospital & ambulance records? I still can NOT fathom the hospital authorities sending an unconscious supposedly dying man back home. Was there any assurance that FF would have remained in that state or could he possibly have rallied awake in the long hours in between? I myself have NEVER been associated with such hospital behavior. To me, that is quite appalling!

I'm sure everyone here believes I'm beating a dead horse, but I'm having an extremely difficult time with this. I do NOT want FF to be gone. He was NOT ready because there was more to the Chase. His plan had NOT come to fruition. I can NOT be the ONLY one he told to be patient & everything would be okay & NOT give up on him yet. Who else out there knows to what I'm referring?

Throughout most of the Chase, FF & I emailed each other several times a day so I got to know his mind-set quite well. NOT to say that things between us had always been rosy & filled with sunshine. There were lots of arguments & hard feelings at times. That may be true for lots of other searchers too. As I said before, I can NOT be the ONLY searcher that he confided in. There must be many others, ... but, sorry to say, I can ONLY speak for myself.

FF's mood had NOT been the best during the last couple of months. I was concerned about that, & tried to alleviate some of his worries. I even went so far as to make him promise to still be alive on 23 August, ... the day AFTER his b'day. Somewhat reluctantly, he promised to do his best. His outlook seemed to improve a little after that.

It's been difficult for me to reconcile that his death was an accident or even a natural act. I still have my suspicions, but I do NOT mean to offend or upset anyone here. Please forgive me if I've said too much. There's plenty more to tell ... perhaps in the future. But for now I need to calm myself. I truly miss my friend.

You guys emailed several times a day? I’ve never heard of that much correspondence with him. The only thing I noticed is he had seemed agitated over the past couple of months but I didn’t know him well enough to know why. He was snappy. And he seemed confused. But that’s just me guessing.

09-16-2020, 01:14 PM,
(09-16-2020, 11:00 AM)NTMI Wrote: Hmmmmm. Since everyone's thinking it, I'll go ahead and say it.

I don't know about New Mexico, but FOIA requests in Colorado take a little bit of time. Your having the police report suggests:

1) You are family or have family contacts (already denied)

2) You work in law enforcement in the Santa Fe area, (probably shouldn't confirm that), or

3) You will be representing the family in either a legal or fiduciary capacity, whereby having that information is necessary to perform your duty.

In any event, thanks for sharing.

None of the above. The FOIA request was sent last Thursday evening and the information was received Friday morning. This WAS NOT done by me but the police report was sent to me.
Fwiw- the person who sent the report to me was surprised that they received it so quickly.

Becky- I understand your feelings....
09-16-2020, 01:51 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-16-2020, 01:53 PM by question.)
The ending was kind of like that of Ceaușescu. I mean, this dude Fenn was writing to the Guardian a few days before his death about 500K searchers. Just like ole' Nicolae, dazed and confused before he was put out of his misery.
09-16-2020, 01:53 PM,
(09-16-2020, 01:51 PM)question Wrote: The ending was kind of like that of Ceaușescu. I mean, this dude Fenn was writing to the Guardian a few days before his death about 500K searchers. Just like ole' Nicolae, dazed and confused before he was put out of his misery.

I find it interesting that he spoke with any press that recently. He said that he wasn’t giving anymore interviews.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Forrest Fenn: Our Modern Forrest Gump filmguy 6 2,902 05-22-2019, 06:32 PM
Last Post: Daniel A
  skippy's or Moms age when passed awày? DeeepThnkr 3 2,673 05-23-2018, 10:14 PM
Last Post: cameronchris
  What if i searched my area got home then realized i passed it by pidmt 37 13,081 09-05-2013, 06:37 PM
Last Post: timberwolf