Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What did you learn from Forrest ?
09-09-2020, 06:28 AM,
Forrest was the Best teacher I ever had. He planted seeds and we chose how we would tend our garden. It started out with a story, the power of words that sent us all on our merry way down a path. We drove ourselves , all he did was say a few words and we decided what they meant. It stirred great debates and chains of thought in an attempt to be the first to figure it all out. Fun was to be had by one and all and all we had to do was to learn.

Thank you Forrest .
It is out there, somewhere .
09-09-2020, 07:57 AM,
RE: What did you learn from Forrest ?
I learned a lot from Forrest, but I think this was the most influential video:

FORREST FENN ON STUDY VS EXPERIENCE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlqHbKNy...e=youtu.be

I had to listen to it a couple times before I really started to understand his message.
09-09-2020, 10:16 PM,
Not to sound disrespectful, but I learned you can pretty much get away with anything if you lie well enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mindy's YouTube Channel and blog:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMAnEYj...UN1I6me_0g

http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com
09-10-2020, 08:28 AM,
(09-09-2020, 10:16 PM)Mindy Wrote: Not to sound disrespectful, but I learned you can pretty much get away with anything if you lie well enough.

From Shakespeare's The Merchant of Venice, 1596:

LAUNCELOT: Nay, indeed, if you had your eyes, you might fail of
the knowing me: it is a wise father that knows his
own child. Well, old man, I will tell you news of
your son: give me your blessing: truth will come
to light; murder cannot be hid long; a man's son
may, but at the length truth will out.
09-10-2020, 09:59 AM,
(09-10-2020, 08:54 AM)crazyfamily Wrote: I asked Forrest if his father, Marvin, read Shakespeare. Forrest said, “no, he was an authoritarian.”

Can’t really get where Forrest was coming from with that response, but it always seemed that the difference between reality and perception was a significant part of this story.

author it aryan?

author contrarian?
09-11-2020, 05:47 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-11-2020, 05:57 AM by azuredeb.)
(09-10-2020, 08:54 AM)crazyfamily Wrote: I asked Forrest if his father, Marvin, read Shakespeare. Forrest said, “no, he was an authoritarian.”

Now which He was the authoritarian, his father or Shakespeare ?

Can’t really get where Forrest was coming from with that response, but it always seemed that the difference between reality and perception was a significant part of this story.

I asked him if his family were campers. He said, “no, I never even spent one night at San Lazaro.”

Back to word origins again? The definition specifies one who lives in a tent for recreation. His family was not there for fun, they were working. Never spent one night.... at an Indian ruin with the dead people. I will think on that...

Seems to me that Forrest was an intellectual under the cover of his simple man/retired rancher persona. He always had some provocative angle to the conversation.
It is out there, somewhere .
09-11-2020, 09:22 AM,
(09-10-2020, 09:59 AM)Beavertooth Wrote:

author it aryan?

author contrarian?

Thoses are some good ideas, BT.

How about

https://www.funtrivia.com/askft/Question72408.html
=====

DON’T RESEARCH...THINK!!!

https://www.allmovie.com/movie/v46056

WP (stock symbol)
09-11-2020, 11:22 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-11-2020, 11:24 AM by Beavertooth.)
(09-11-2020, 09:54 AM)crazyfamily Wrote: Well, it’s intriguing, but it doesn’t help the cause. If you can’t have a straight conversation with him, then he is not who you think he is.

Remember the scrapbook about the masquerade? That followed one of our visits. It was exactly how we felt about it.

I like to tease my grandchildren with made-up stuff. My 7-year old granddaughter is starting to see right through me and counterattack with her own made-up stuff.

I think Forrest was a tease at heart, partly because his mind could think rings around most people he encountered. He was extremely intelligent, even without a college education. There are a lot of people out there like that.

It must have been really difficult for him to meet and talk with so many people, but avoid dropping his guard and accidentally give out an important hint or clue. He seems to have done it, even up to the age of 90!

If I had met him, I would have told him he had a mind like a steel trap -- old and rusty! Smile
(Shout out to my granddaughter and all the searchers who believed in Iron Spring Creek!)
What else is old and rusty? Santa Fe! (check your periodic table)
09-11-2020, 02:08 PM,
I learned what "hackles" are, ... & that mine are raised more often than I'd like to admit.
09-11-2020, 05:39 PM,
(09-11-2020, 02:08 PM)Becky from WV Wrote: I learned what "hackles" are, ... & that mine are raised more often than I'd like to admit.

LOL

Smile