Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nickel On The Grass
09-09-2020, 08:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-09-2020, 08:43 AM by Estacado.)
Nickel On The Grass
For Forrest Fenn "Throw a Nickel on the Grass." Fighter pilots since Korea have had an informal ceremony we participate in when a fellow "Fighter Jock" passes. We throw a "Nickel On the Grass" and hoist a glass with a toast to our fallen comrade. Fenn posted a picture I believe on the practice relative to the Immortal "Robin Olds" showing a grave site with coins thrown on the grass to celebrate the fallen warrior. "Fighter Jocks" are a rather morbid bunch with all sorts of superstitions and such all related to the hazards of flying Fighters. My dad was a Fighter pilot flying the P-51B in WW II and the F-86 in Korea. I flew the F-4 for 20 years with my year in Viet Nam and it is in my "Genes" to celebrate those that are called before us. So hoist a glass and toast Forrest Fenn, as he put us on a merry chase that enriched our lives if we dare to admit the fact. RIP Forrest Fenn, God Bless Peggy and Children in this time of sorrow and grief!!! The WWW has a good history told on the origins of the practice and the Korean Era song which sprung from it.
09-09-2020, 09:02 AM,
RE: Nickel On The Grass
In honor of Cody and the "home of Brown", make sure it is a Buffalo nickel (also known as an Indian Head nickel) minted from 1913 to 1938.
09-09-2020, 10:19 AM,
"throw a nickel on the grass, save a fighter pilot's ass... I'll have to put the old Oscar Brand record onthe turntable for him.
09-09-2020, 01:48 PM,
Went flyfishing today, in his honor.
09-09-2020, 02:03 PM,
(09-09-2020, 01:48 PM)ravenhome777 Wrote: Went flyfishing today, in his honor.

Nice....

I was never able to incorporate flyfishing lures, equipment, or nomenclature into a solve. But there's probably a good one out there. I also figured there would be 10,000 more knowledgeable searchers out there with flyfishing experience.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Title its {water high} & {grass} related DeeepThnkr 8 6,182 07-14-2016, 06:37 AM
Last Post: Silentfly
  You only overpaid by a nickel tomwhat 4 1,662 08-18-2014, 12:31 AM
Last Post: tomwhat