Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I hope I live to see 90 years of age....
09-09-2020, 10:46 AM,
I hope I live to see 90 years of age....
That's a mighty long time to live. He will hold a place in history for having a decade long treasure hunt in our own backyard. RIP Mr. Fenn.
09-09-2020, 01:46 PM,
RE: I hope I live to see 90 years of age....
I'm hoping for 60.
09-09-2020, 08:16 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-09-2020, 08:17 PM by wildfuntear.)
As one's quality of life erodes away (loss of hearing, loss of eyesight, loss of other senses and abilities), it
seems that one would have less and less reason to want to live. Being content and at peace with the
approach of death seems natural and reasonable, in my opinion.
09-09-2020, 11:07 PM,
(09-09-2020, 10:46 AM)Gordon Lightfoot Wrote: That's a mighty long time to live. He will hold a place in history for having a decade long treasure hunt in our own backyard. RIP Mr. Fenn.
Gordy, miss seeing you. Hope you are doing well.

20 came quick, them 30,40,50,60, next 70.

I doubt 90.

RIP Forrest Fenn

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk
09-10-2020, 11:02 PM,
Let's make the most of it!

Pick ye roses while ye may.
09-10-2020, 11:56 PM,
(09-09-2020, 08:16 PM)wildfuntear Wrote: As one's quality of life erodes away (loss of hearing, loss of eyesight, loss of other senses and abilities), it
seems that one would have less and less reason to want to live. Being content and at peace with the

Or you can take this view:

Do not go gentle into that good night
Dylan Thomas - 1914-1953

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

[Note: not intended to be an endorsement of any book or author recently associated with Rage] Smile
09-11-2020, 04:26 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-11-2020, 04:30 PM by azuredeb.)
Oh hell no ! That would be past my sell by date.

(09-09-2020, 08:16 PM)wildfuntear Wrote: As one's quality of life erodes away (loss of hearing, loss of eyesight, loss of other senses and abilities), it

There is no reason to fear death. I welcome it . I passed my sell by date , it’s down hill from here.....weeeeee!
It is out there, somewhere .
9 hours ago,
Gordon, if you do live until you're 90, I hope it's in a state of relatively good health and ability, and also
in a state of happiness, along with a continuing hunger/thirst for new experiences. It helps to have a reason to get up in the morning. Please forgive me in advance for not talking to you after your death or
mine.
8 hours ago,
(09-09-2020, 01:46 PM)ravenhome777 Wrote: I'm hoping for 60.

60 isn't very old. If you are reasonably careful about avoiding dangers
(such as smoking, drug overdoses, or being in a serious automobile collision), it should not take a miracle. Good luck.
8 hours ago,
(09-11-2020, 04:26 PM)azuredeb Wrote: Oh hell no ! That would be past my sell by date.

There is no reason to fear death. I welcome it . I passed my sell by date , it’s down hill from here.....weeeeee!

That's funny...and I agree.
© Stephanie

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Besti Solution. We can hope for resolution trueyeti 0 426 07-05-2020, 03:37 PM
Last Post: trueyeti
  I hope people don't give FF a hard time . . . Andrew Jef 27 5,550 03-19-2017, 05:56 PM
Last Post: imsunbuddynow
  Hope this does not slow anyone down Beavertooth 4 3,822 05-05-2016, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Beavertooth