Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heavy Loads and Water High
09-09-2020, 10:55 AM,
Heavy Loads and Water High
One of my most recent (last?) ideas for "There'll be no paddle up your creek, Just heavy loads and water high" in the Yellowstone geyser area is one I have never seen posted elsewhere:

Mallard Creek and Mallard Lake

Just pass by, don't go up the creek..

No paddle refers to a duck or goose or swan paddling with their feet (mallard qualifies).

For heavy loads, there are two upthrust lava domes currently in Yellowstone -- one is the Mallard Lake dome. Mallard Lake is "high" as a result. The dome is heavy.

This is on the way to the Midway Bluff area (my prior solve area) and to the Nez Perce crossing trail. Midway Bluff looks down on Excelsior Geyser Crater and on the Grand Prismatic Spring.

I previously accused Forrest of having long feet in an email, which may have triggered his foot-related contest (or not). If he meant to signify a foot-race to the chest, I was not able to search in the April-early June time frame. My accusation was that he was a poet and didn't know it -- his feet were Longfellows. (An old joke.) Longfellow was always in play for me because his very famous Paul Revere poem starts out with "Listen my children and you shall hear..." Also " Footprints on the sands of time" is from Longfellow's poem, A Psalm of Life (worth a read). This had led me to Longfellow's "Excelsior" poem, and my Midway Bluff solve. I had emailed Forrest part of this solve in October when I told him I went back there a second time within several days (costing an extra round trip airfare, rental car fees, motel) due to a photograph my wife had taken only days before at that location. This seemed to trigger the Scrapbook about the sandstorm poker game at the airbase, in which he concludes it is not good to bluff twice. I am citing this to give an example of how he liked to play with people, without really giving them any new information (IMO).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  riding into the water high Chris Yates 2 1,056 03-07-2019, 09:09 PM
Last Post: Chris Yates
  clomp- to walk with loud, heavy steps/walk with a heavy tread. Gordon Lightfoot 8 2,202 02-14-2019, 06:25 AM
Last Post: easternOHsteve
  warm water / cool water? forest_gump 1 1,369 07-27-2018, 07:50 AM
Last Post: Riddlemethat
  Heavy loads Riddlemethat 4 1,526 07-19-2018, 05:54 AM
Last Post: easternOHsteve
  Hls/water high isn't anchor. Wy! I gave away a huge hint DeeepThnkr 8 4,598 06-29-2018, 10:39 PM
Last Post: DeeepThnkr
  Heavy Loads (Mud) and Water High stopped Me!!.. Gordon Lightfoot 1 1,446 02-03-2018, 11:24 AM
Last Post: timebandit